The PA2V2 Thread
Dec 18, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #451 of 752

Quote:
I bought mine few years ago. Didn't have paypal back then. I sent him an envelope with the money :D

Good to know, but I guess I would still go through ebay just because of buyer protection program :/ am i skeptical with al these reviews, no, i just need a backup just in case. I now see another present to myself for this holiday season...or someone could gift me one :) I already bought myself a set of HFI 580's as a present for myself a week ago :)

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #452 of 752
My fault. Didn't see that. I just always go with eBay so it's what pops in mind first. I'll look around next time before I post. 
smile.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #453 of 752

Quote:
My fault. Didn't see that. I just always go with eBay so it's what pops in mind first. I'll look around next time before I post. 
smile.gif

If i get the PA2V2, should i use it with my computer. it kinda feels weird, going through two amplifiers on my computers. or would i need a new DAC and amp combo like the E10 instead of eh PA2V2,

I think that both my audio chips on my desktop and mac are great. my Mac can already get great sound out of it's DAC, and is loud, however, i find that the amp stops actually amplifiying my headphones a little past the 3/4 volume point, so the PA2V2 can rectify this too right

My desktop uses the Via 1708S...it's specs look pretty good  http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/codecs/vt1708/   i was suprised at it's spec sheet, however. plugging dirrectly in, there is absolutley no low frequency at all. i have to plug my headphones into my desktop speakers headphone out to get low frequency. the PA2V2 can also help here too?

or is the PA2V2 strictly a portable device?

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #454 of 752

Quote:
Good to know, but I guess I would still go through ebay just because of buyer protection program :/ am i skeptical with al these reviews, no, i just need a backup just in case. I now see another present to myself for this holiday season...or someone could gift me one :) I already bought myself a set of HFI 580's as a present for myself a week ago :)

Gary is the guy that makes them, he warranties it for life no questions asked.....

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #458 of 752

Quote:
This is on my holiday wish list now :)

Can anybody compare how this amps compared to E5.. i know this is better. but in terms of power, sound, blah

I have both and the PA2V2 is superior to the E5 in every way possible with the exception of portability

To answer a question you posed in a previous post, yes, it is worth putting a DAC between the amp and your PC/laptop. I have done this at work and also disabled the onboard sound of my work laptop to avoid windows Kmixer. You can use Foobar to do this and the results might amaze you if you run either ASIO of kernel streaming plugins. If you want to run Windows Media Player then I believe that there is a WASAPI plugin for that.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #459 of 752

Quote:
I have both and the PA2V2 is superior to the E5 in every way possible with the exception of portability

To answer a question you posed in a previous post, yes, it is worth putting a DAC between the amp and your PC/laptop. I have done this at work and also disabled the onboard sound of my work laptop to avoid windows Kmixer. You can use Foobar to do this and the results might amaze you if you run either ASIO of kernel streaming plugins. If you want to run Windows Media Player then I believe that there is a WASAPI plugin for that.

How do I disable onboard sound? Post. and i'm probbably going to first test to see if my onboard sound's problem is comming from their not being enough power. my desktops sound...chips specs are high and look good. they don't sound that good. i have to plug my heapdhones into my desktop sepakers headphone out(and not direclty inot the back panel) or else i won't hear any low frequency at all
in spoiler below:

1. Supports 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz DAC Independent Sample Rate
  2. All ADCs Support 48K/192KHz Independent Sample Rate
  3. Built in High Quality Headphone Amplifier
  4. Exceeds Microsoft PC2001 Requirements
Various Output Format
  1. 4 Stereo DACs Support 24-bit, 192KHz Samples
  2. DAC with 100dB S/N Ratio
  3. 2 Stereo ADCs Support 24-bit, 192KHz Samples
  4. ADC with 95dB S/N Ratio
  5. 8-Channels of DAC Support 16/20/24-bit PCM Format for 7.1 Audio Solution
  6. 16/20/24 bit S/PDIF TX Supports 24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96KHz Samples
  7. VT1708 supports S/PDIF out; VT1708A supports S/PDIF in and out
Added-on Function
  1. High Quality Differential CD Input
  2. HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
  3. Analog CD Input Path for Compatibility
Low Power Consumption
  1. Supports EAPD (External Amplifier Power Down)
  2. Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
  3. Digital: 3.3V; Analog: 3.3V/5.0V
Package
  1. Compatible with VIA VT1618 8-Channel AC'97 codec
  2. 48-Pin LQFP Package

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #463 of 752

Quote:
Just got a PA2V2 for Christmas!!  It's awesome!

Awesome, burn it in overnight, and enjoy it the next day. I have to ask though, what headphones or earphones are you going to be using the amp with? Closed back or open back if headphones?

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #464 of 752

Quote:
Awesome, burn it in overnight, and enjoy it the next day. I have to ask though, what headphones or earphones are you going to be using the amp with? Closed back or open back if headphones?

After extensive research i have now opted to back out of the PA2V2 :/
I'm going for the FiiO E17

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #465 of 752

Quote:
After extensive research i have now opted to back out of the PA2V2 :/
I'm going for the FiiO E17

Why are you going to opt out of the PA2V2? I know that the E17 will be the superior product will be the most dominant of the two with its features and the glamorous design, but the PA2V2 is a great little portable amplifier in it's own right. If you want the E17, then go ahead and get it if you need that extra power and features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back