The PA2V2 Thread
Dec 10, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #436 of 752
Gary is amazing, like everyone says. He's just so nice and informative. like he genuinely want to help you. why cant all customer service be like that? :p

i can definitely hear, well atleast feel a difference in my music, pairing with m50 (just got! and love... )(i know, probably got common amp/headphone combo on headfi). i mean feel as in bass or soundstage or something like that. like i cant tell what it is but i can feel it............ (im not lying i swear!) its not a crazy difference but still a difference. and im also using a lod.

im not really sure about to define or even listen for PRaT and not really sure why amping it would help that but im a noobie so who cares what i think. ^^

btw battery lasts insanely long. its the energizer bunny on horse steroids! 

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #437 of 752

Quote:
Gary is amazing, like everyone says. He's just so nice and informative. like he genuinely want to help you. why cant all customer service be like that? :p

i can definitely hear, well atleast feel a difference in my music, pairing with m50 (just got! and love... )(i know, probably got common amp/headphone combo on headfi). i mean feel as in bass or soundstage or something like that. like i cant tell what it is but i can feel it............ (im not lying i swear!) its not a crazy difference but still a difference. and im also using a lod.

im not really sure about to define or even listen for PRaT and not really sure why amping it would help that but im a noobie so who cares what i think. ^^

btw battery lasts insanely long. its the energizer bunny on horse steroids! 

I find the PRaT on the PA2V2 to be very good. I find the overall speed and dynamics to be vastly improved if you have a set up that is revealing enough to be able to tell the difference. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #438 of 752
Picked up a PA2V2 and a set of HD25-1 II headphones last week for my first step into this madness.  Loving both the amp and the cans.  Got both for just under $200USD.  Great investment.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #439 of 752
Listening via my PA2v2 now, just got it 2 days ago :D

Gary made the transaction super easy, great pleasure doing business with him!

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #440 of 752

Quote:
Picked up a PA2V2 and a set of HD25-1 II headphones last week for my first step into this madness.  Loving both the amp and the cans.  Got both for just under $200USD.  Great investment.

I see your setup in your avatar. Looking really nice. Enjoy the PA2V2's, it;s one of my favorite budget amps even though I already have a TTVJ Slim.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #441 of 752
This is going to be my next amp probably. I don't like bidding on ebay. i like ebay, but bidding is just...you know :frowning2: but i guess i will have to go through it to get this amp
how does this amp go with ipod's?
I have the ipod touch 2G with an Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC, I also have an LOD, is this enough? Why do people always get the Sansa Clip+'s  do they have a better DAC or something?

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #442 of 752

Quote:
This is going to be my next amp probably. I don't like bidding on ebay. i like ebay, but bidding is just...you know :frowning2: but i guess i will have to go through it to get this amp
how does this amp go with ipod's?
I have the ipod touch 2G with an Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC, I also have an LOD, is this enough? Why do people always get the Sansa Clip+'s  do they have a better DAC or something?

An iPod with a good LOD and amp will easily outperform a Sansa Clip hands down.

Edit: People go the Sansa Clip because it sounds good and is very compact and perfect for mobile use. And it's not bad when it comes to driving certain types of headphones. Just ask the man with the Audez'e LCD-2 and Clip combo.... 
cool.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #443 of 752

Quote:
An iPod with a good LOD and amp will easily outperform a Sansa Clip hands down.

Edit: People go the Sansa Clip because it sounds good and is very compact and perfect for mobile use. And it's not bad when it comes to driving certain types of headphones. Just ask the man with the Audez'e LCD-2 and Clip combo.... 
cool.gif

is the only way to buy the PA2V2 through e-bay? and this is hands down the best portable amp right for sub $100 right?
I have an FiiO L9 lod. will the L shaped cable fit this?

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #444 of 752

Quote:
is the only way to buy the PA2V2 through e-bay? and this is hands down the best portable amp right for sub $100 right?
I have an FiiO L9 lod. will the L shaped cable fit this?

Yes, it is only available through there. And yes, IMHO, it is the best sub $100 amplifier that's on right now. Amazing musicality.

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #445 of 752

Quote:

Yes, it is only available through there. And yes, IMHO, it is the best sub $100 amplifier that's on right now. Amazing musicality.

but will it fit? My L9 .....ya know. plugs in weirdly, wait. nvm it will fit. i just thought of it :)
I will have to put that on my Christmas wish list :)

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #448 of 752

There should be a button for Gary (electric avenues) on the sponsor bar to the right of any page on Head-Fi. I bought mine directly from him as well. He's great to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back