The PA2V2 Thread
Jan 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #676 of 752
I use mine wth my ATH-ESW9A and B&W P5s and I love it. LOD out to it helps with the sound stage and response in the range in general. It is nice :)

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #678 of 752

Here's how I attach my iPod Classic - the touch should work the same. The only issue is my amp didn't come with any markings so I have to figure out which jack goes where every time I hook up the amp.

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #680 of 752
Inner left - Source
Outer right - output.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #681 of 752
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 and my old PA2V2 in a thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710966/xlubens-fiio-e11-and-pa2v2-photos-and-review

I figured I'd post the photos over here as well.  I hope that is OK.  

I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.

Quote:
  I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!).  I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.  

First here are some photos of the FiiO E11.  I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.

Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.

Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.

The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).

The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.

The top has a power light and charging light.  The mini USB charging port is on the side.

The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery.  The cover is made of very thin metal.

The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.  

The body of the E11 is molded plastic.

Another shot of the back side.

Size comparison vs. the Moto X.

Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.

Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.

FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.

Here are some photos of the PA2V2.  Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)

Front view.  Clear faceplate.  Blue LED.

Rear 3/4 view.

PA2V2 opened up.

Inside the PA2V2.

Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.

Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.

Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.

Here are the side by side shots of the FiiO E11 and PA2V2.

PA2V2, MotoX, FiiO E11, and Shure SE215.

PA2V2, FiiO E11, and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.

3/4 view of PA2V2 and FiiO E11.

Front view of PA2V2 and FiiO E11.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #682 of 752
Hey!

I received my Pa2v2 previous week. I was so stoked! The response here on headfi, various people around the globe and some others that i follow on instagram.. Everybody just loved this little thing! 

Rock solid build, loved the plastic case, no rattles what so ever, smooth volume knob, lovely power switch etc..  Everything was looking epic at this moment....Until.

First thing i paired it with was the sansa clip zip with rockbox, and a pair of shure SRH-840. Since ive used various amps like c-moys and others with very good drive on these cans i guess that was what i expected.. Well to my big surprise, the amp sounded like crap :frowning2: No added anything, just added noise. 
What the fudge was my thought.. Swapped batteries ( yes i use rechargeable 1.2 volt sanyo eneloop ) Still the same thin, noisy sound that totally lacked dynamics. Well, the shures are 44 ohm..Shouldn't be any problems driving them with the pa2v2 since t he C-moy i had went so loud that i never passed 50% volume. 

Paired it with Sony mdr zx700 which are very easy to drive.. Still sounded very bad, added some iems in the mix like Brainwavz delta, JVC HAFXC 51 etc.. Even more hiss and noise.. All of the cans i tested sounded better directly from the clip.. Time to check out the adjustable gain. I could not increase the gain before i was going mad of the noise..

I talked to Gary about this..And he is one hell of a nice person to deal with. Fast replies and no fuzz what so ever. I ended up returning this amp and went for another cmoy instead. 

Why am i here then? Well i was just interested to know what you pair this amp with? Ipod with LOD cable seems to be a very popular dap with this amp. How bout headphones then? Since i was unable to gain anything from whatever i threw at it. Superlux HD681 evo, Shure SRH-840, MDR zx 700,Superlux HD330 etc etc..

Sorry for the long post, but i would be glad if you share your thoughts on this.
popcorn.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #683 of 752
Hey guys - this MIGHT not be the best place for this topic, but I figured you guys would know. I'm looking at buying the PA2V2 to boost the sound on my PC (I game, music, and movie - everything). Do I need anything else beyond this to make it shine, or is it just:
1) Put batteries in amp
2) Hook input/output through amp
3) Enjoy sexy sound?

EDIT: Decided to post this question here instead: http://www.head-fi.org/t/714695/quick-amp-pa2v2-question

Disregard - thank you!

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #684 of 752
Hello all IV had my PA2V2 for three weeks now and absolutely love it. I have it connected to my diymod ipod 5g and a pair of Beats Mixrs.

The sound is awesome and absolutely love how the hole album Metallica S&M shines. The base is fan tasting without damping the mids. The drums really have that punch and drive about them, non of that crunchiness.
Overall I love this little magic box.

Now to compliment it I'm using a pure copper lod with black gate caps, Iv ordered my Shure SE535 red editions, ACS custom sleeves and for when I really wanna smash it some ZMF FOSTEX T50rp Master Models ( got a display model for $200)

I'm currently talking to Gary on eBay and can vouch that wow awesome guy. I bought my PA2V2 secondhand and worked straight out the box only I didn't get a charger so I have to go about removing the nihm battery's. But still on the first charge and loving every second

[/IMG]

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #685 of 752
Glad you liked it! I must be the only person on this planet that had a really awful experience with the PA2v2 :/ Gary is one hell of a guy though! Return was absolutely no problem.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #689 of 752
Hold up :) 
unless I just screwed up 127.2 grams.

I was actually coming back in here to say how happy I am with this thing still.  Using it it Colorfly C3 mainly at the moment, and with all sorts of vintage orthodynamics, and iems also. Channel gains adjusted up.

If I could only remember when the last time I charged it was. I forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back