the outside temperature
Dec 15, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #91 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I guess that means where you're at, you have some cold blooded b*tch taking over your life then.
biggrin.gif

i ***had***.

well, maybe still does a little.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #92 of 137
1°F
Feels Like
-13°F

And it's not even winter yet
mad.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #96 of 137
The worst night I had was last winter. It got down to -36 F, and my room has no insulation. I had a space heater, was wearing a pair of regular socks, a pair of wool socks, thermal pants, two fleece pants, a tee-shirt, a thermal shirt, a sweatshirt, a fleece jacket, and a hat. I had two fleece blankets and a comforter.

And I still had trouble falling asleep because the air was so cold in the room that my throat was chilled!

EDIT: That's -36 F with windchill factored in. So maybe I'm just a pansy.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #99 of 137
I'm very diligently working on my 14-page research paper due later today, and to keep focused, I've periodically been taking walks outside. It's a brisk 5 Fahrenheit out there. I was having trouble singing because my jaw was shivering!

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #100 of 137
Currently -3°C, but it certainly is getting colder...

85092640.jpg

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #102 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That "meteogram" is very cool, is that available in other areas/countries, such as where I live (or is there a local counterpart)?

EDIT: Navigated to "Red Deer" on the website, very neat website, albeit very slow to me, I assume because the server is in Norway.

Sure: Hourly forecast for Red Deer in Alberta (Canada) - yr.no
It covers ~7 million weather forecasts worldwide.

Quote:

Can you translate this for me?

translatepng

* Light precipitation
* Moderate precipitation
* Heavy precipitation

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #104 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The worst night I had was last winter. It got down to -36 F, and my room has no insulation. I had a space heater, was wearing a pair of regular socks, a pair of wool socks, thermal pants, two fleece pants, a tee-shirt, a thermal shirt, a sweatshirt, a fleece jacket, and a hat. I had two fleece blankets and a comforter.

And I still had trouble falling asleep because the air was so cold in the room that my throat was chilled!

EDIT: That's -36 F with windchill factored in. So maybe I'm just a pansy.

Dang Pop, if that doesn't remind me of the winter I spent at Great Lakes (77-78). The windchill off of Lake Michigan never got above -33 F daily for the entire month of January. The CO wouldn't let us Navy students wear foul weather gear, so as a Class Leader I spent the first 20 minutes of class each morning looking for signs of frostbite. All we could wear was our typical winter blue (black) uniform with a peacoat and "garbage-can lid" cover (hat). It was colder there than Alaska and Iceland, where I lived later in my Navy days. You can't get warm in that kind of cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back