The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Jul 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #872 of 2,630
they have potential but i find they just get too boring. half a song is more than enough for me :)
Ha! I'm crazy enough to think they're too short, lol.

The riff should last FOREVER!!!

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #874 of 2,630
i did enjoy the new Boris.

Gawd. I haven't had time to even listen to it. Looks like I'm going to form my own biz by the end of the year, and my time is BOOKED.

I feel like such a poseur...

Jul 21, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #875 of 2,630
I saw The Last In Line tonight, they were great! I'd only seen DIO do Sabbath songs with Heaven & Hell so it's cool to hear his songs live even if he's not around. Cool to see Vivian Campbell a few feet from my face in a small room when he recently played a sold out stadium show with Def Leppard. And Vinny Appice! Legendary!

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #876 of 2,630
Lemmy spoke about this prior to his death,saying they were going to do an all-covers CD and just never got around to happening...Wonder what else wouldve made it if he hadnt passed :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #877 of 2,630
Lemmy had already done a tribute to the Ramones previously. I reckon he would have made more Motorhead albums, put on some solid shows, and hung out more at the Rainbow playing his favorite video game, perhaps on a hot day even rock his f-ed up daisy dukes! I think he accomplished what he set out to do, and lived much longer most others would with the kind of abuse he put himself through.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #878 of 2,630
I knew the Doomcharts were (are) giving away their latest opus, but I went ahead and bought it. Life is good, and someone else should get it for free.

In the meantime, one of the GREAT albums from 2014...

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #879 of 2,630
One can only study and work so much, so I'm taking a brief break with the Doom Charts, working my way from the top to the bottom. I did not expect Vokonis to have such impact. It's kind of what I expected Mastodon to sound like with all the hype (I might be the only dude I know who really does not like Mastodon)

Anyway, this is fantastic!

Jul 24, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #880 of 2,630
It's kind of what I expected Mastodon to sound like with all the hype (I might be the only dude I know who really does not like Mastodon)

I thought I was the only person who did not like Mastodon.....

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #882 of 2,630
Crack the Skye, Emperor of Sand and Leviathan are great in my opinion.

I don't hate the other stuff but I don't have the patience to give them enough listens. They are basically Rush both musically, personality wise and the way they approach music.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #883 of 2,630
I knew the Doomcharts were (are) giving away their latest opus, but I went ahead and bought it. Life is good, and someone else should get it for free.

In the meantime, one of the GREAT albums from 2014...

I havent had a chance to give it a proper listen,but I like their previous 2 albums

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #884 of 2,630

Flying Dutchman
Greece
NWOTHM

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #885 of 2,630
Today's release is the third album from Venomous Maximus of Houston, TX. It seems like just yesterday (it was 2011) when I heard their first EP of garage doom laced with occult horror.

Shadow Kingdom is doing a couple interesting teasers, with a new Maryland doom band and this. I'm not sure who this is. Any ideas?

Friends, this is one of the most CULT METAL albums to ever exist - one of the HOLY GRAIL releases of ALL-TIME! We're just allowing these songs to be heard to gauge the interest levels and we'll be delivering more information on this Surprise Release soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back