The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Jul 14, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #856 of 2,630
Yeah, looking forward to the Monolord. It's also been a good month for my favorite eccentric heavy bands, Circle and now Boris, both great, heavy releases that rank pretty high on their huge discographies.

Both bands have great promo photos floating about right now.

Boris formed in 1992 in Tokyo, Japan, named themselves after an influential Melvins album. They've explored everything from stoner rock to doom to avant garde, noise rock and drones. And pop.

boris-promo.jpg

Circle emerged the year before in Pori, Satakunta, Finland, and range from psychedelic, Kosmische to NWOFHM (new wave of Finnish Heavy Metal).

circle-promo.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #857 of 2,630
Holy riffage Batman! Im a sucker for Super Chunk!

(Emancipate yourself from)Mental Slavery
Russia
Trash Metal

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #858 of 2,630
Sabbath meets Miles Davis meets Rammstein=?

Jul 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #859 of 2,630
Circle who I mentioned above, while they do all kinds of styles, they were most metal with side project Pharaoh Overlord and Aktor. I love the new album though.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #860 of 2,630
Hollywood,mid-80s....

im dating a girl in the blue movie industry and staying at her apartment.
Crashing on her couch is a cool dude named Tracii Guns.He asks me to sing for his new band,L.A. Guns.
We discuss it and I toss it around for several days before declining.Ultimately I didnt want to dye my blond hair black and get all tatted up(which was the top priority)
They eventually get a cat from the UK,and the rest as they say is history.
Rock on Tracii!

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #862 of 2,630
I did,but lacked parental support,so I was homeless on the streets of Hollywood before my 18th birthday...I was just trying to survive and the chances came and went.
I used to be tight with Steven Adler and he wanted me to start a band with his buddy who was a decent guitar player...Only problem is his buddy looked silly in his tophat and afro-puffs...Still kick myself in the arse for that one.

Not Traci Lords...but if youre a fan of the industry from back in the day you def know of her.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #863 of 2,630
I did,but lacked parental support,so I was homeless on the streets of Hollywood before my 18th birthday...I was just trying to survive and the chances came and went.
I used to be tight with Steven Adler and he wanted me to start a band with his buddy who was a decent guitar player...Only problem is his buddy looked silly in his tophat and afro-puffs...Still kick myself in the arse for that one.

Not Traci Lords...but if youre a fan of the industry from back in the day you def know of her.

Dude, we need way more stories from you!!!!

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #864 of 2,630
Heavy Psych at it's best. These guys are the whole package!!!!

Jul 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #865 of 2,630
I've seen some classic "blue" movies from the 70s, and 90s, but not that familiar with who was big in the 80s. Very interesting though, feel free to tell more! I heard G'n'R are looking for a singer lately... :)

I have a digital subscription to Terrorizer, great mag, and saw an ad from Noise Records of some deluxe reissues of Voivod's Rrröööaaarrr, Dimension Hatröss and Killing Technology. There was a Pledge Music campaign for it that I missed out on, but they will arrived Tuesday! The label also has some from Kreator coming too.

voivod-reissues.jpg

Jul 16, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #866 of 2,630
Dude, we need way more stories from you!!!!
I have lived enough for several lifetimes...referenced another chapter in my life in the original metal thread and someone reported it for being "inappropriate" and the mods deleted it....

QUOTE="swspiers, post: 13603124, member: 129864"]Heavy Psych at it's best. These guys are the whole package!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ive actually had this album for awhile now...it is a good one!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #867 of 2,630
eu6f5dhealhcec6a.jpg
I've seen some classic "blue" movies from the 70s, and 90s, but not that familiar with who was big in the 80s. Very interesting though, feel free to tell more! I heard G'n'R are looking for a singer lately... :)

Apparently the illustrious Ms.Lois Ayres ran a boarding home for displaced L.A. rockers

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #868 of 2,630
I have lived enough for several lifetimes...referenced another chapter in my life in the original metal thread and someone reported it for being "inappropriate" and the mods deleted it....

So much for sex, drugs & rock 'n' roll!

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #869 of 2,630

Users who are viewing this thread

Back