The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
Oct 20, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #2,386 of 2,640
Shark Island was the house band at Gazzari's on Sunset for a few years. My ex wife used to date the drummer, Walt(?) In fact I met her at a Shark Island show the first time I ever went to Gazzari's. In retrospect, I should've skipped thsat show. lol.
Axl Rose borrowed his stage moves from Richard Black.

Regardless, Paris Calling is a catchy tune.
Oh wow, interesting co-incidence. Gazzari's - legendary. So your ex met the drummer after you split? If so, yeah, hindsight is 20-20....!

Yes, I read that Axl Rose had a VHS of Richard Black doing the original snake move at his apartment. There's a long interview he gave to Dean Delray where he goes into some of this. Great band, indeed. Probably super close to making it big, but never happened.

Same with Fifth Angel. The singer is now a dentist...🦷🪥

Oct 20, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #2,387 of 2,640
She was with the drummer pre-me. We met outside. She walked past me and insulted my shirt, and I insulted her hair. Shouldve known right then it was not going to end well. :wink:

Oct 20, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #2,388 of 2,640
She was with the drummer pre-me. We met outside. She walked past me and insulted my shirt, and I insulted her hair. Shouldve known right then it was not going to end well. :wink:
I think the kids call that "negging" :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back