THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
May 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #76 of 776
Perhaps I should tour my pair to a few fellas that have the 06 so we can get some additional comparisons. Or just seasoned ears. It would have to be US only, at least semi-veteran Head-fiers, and no more than 3 guys.

I've had to learn a few lessons with my X1 cable tour.

May 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #77 of 776
Perhaps I should tour my pair to a few fellas that have the 06 so we can get some additional comparisons. Or just seasoned ears. It would have to be US only, at least semi-veteran Head-fiers, and no more than 3 guys.

Thanks, I'd love to read some more comparisons!

May 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #79 of 776

I'd be certainly up for it. After I get my t-peos, it'd be an interesting comparison.

May 15, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #80 of 776

^
you know who to hit up. hoho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Pretty please. T_T

May 15, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #86 of 776
  Got my KC06A last week and been using them for more than 100 hours already. Without any hesitation, I say yes they are better sounding overall than DN1K. IMHO the only area that DN1K were not beaten by KC06A is in 3D imaging, soundstage and treble quantity. Everything else is taken by KC06A. Although the Dunus are slightly better in clarity but thinner in mids presentation. I prefer the thicker and fuller mids of the Ostrys.

They blew the GR07 BEs out of the water. IMO, they are an upgrade if you're coming from the BEs. They have better bass response, texture, more rumble and can go deeper. BEs mids sound veiled compared to the Ostrys. The BEs have more treble quantity and well extended but prone to sibilance while I can not detect any sibilance to the Ostrys, they also have good treble extension. If KC06 made the BEs sound boring to me, the KC06A made them lifeless in comparison. Of  course, YMMV.

...these are some bold statements. though "3D imaging, soundstage and treble quantity" are what separates high-end from the not so high.
I would like to hear more though, i just got the kc06 and i think they are a friendlier dn1k.

May 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #90 of 776
I may sound like a ignorant but how does this compare to the xiaomi pistons? Just found out about ostry and the kc06a. Btw I will be using my fiio x3.

Using the X3 with both of them. I have the IF pistons (unmodded).
The KCO6A runs circles around the Pistons and doesn't even break a sweat. It's also more comfortable and you can easily lay on your side with them in and not even notice it.
The KC06A is not without its faults, but it still out classes the Pistons in every way that I can perceive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back