THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
May 15, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #61 of 776
^
Sounds like you're describing those JVC woodies of yours. hoho :veryevil:

Dat woodie flings don't last THAT long meng, just ask OP himself. :)

You could be right. The JVCs are girlfriend material, maybe not wifey though. Only time will tell.

After 1.5 hours of the KC06A, I was ready to get them out of my ears. After 3 days filled with 850 head time, I was still liking the more and more.

I'd consider keeping these birds, but only for EDM, dubstep, pop, and maybe J-rock. The bass thump and rumble is nice, and the sub-bass extension is impressive.

I probably come off sounding overly critical of these. They are still great, but I can't really see myself giving them enough head time to justify keeping them.

May 15, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #62 of 776
DAYUM... I'll wait for more impressions. Do you have a iPhone 4 mate?

I do have my wife's old iPhone 4 hanging around here somewhere. I'll try and get to it after the 50 hours are complete.
These were initial impressions. Most of the time they remain similar. I'm thinking the C&C BH out2 will likely impact them in a significant way. We'll see.

May 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #63 of 776
You could be right. The JVCs are girlfriend material, maybe not wifey though. Only time will tell.

After 1.5 hours of the KC06A, I was ready to get them out of my ears. After 3 days filled with 850 head time, I was still liking the more and more.

I'd consider keeping these birds, but only for EDM, dubstep, pop, and maybe J-rock. The bass thump and rumble is nice, and the sub-bass extension is impressive.

I probably come off sounding overly critical of these. They are still great, but I can't really see myself giving them enough head time to justify keeping them.

^
give them mo' tyme to mentally burn-in as well as physically for sure, no rush. Stuff can change on ya' on a dime somethings so....

Not like these are $400 and up sets that you need to flip quick if they don't live up to their hype. Give them more tyme and ear time and most importantly give us mo' impressions along the way cuz being critical is GREAT!!!

Keep it up and see how they will grow or not grow on ya'.
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #64 of 776
Absolutely. I've had earphones surprise me after finding an optimal setup.

Right now my brain/ears are freaking on on how forward the high hat sounds. It's distracting. Mochill loves his Highs to be sharp and sizzzzle. I can see why he'd enjoy these. They are very present in the 2-7ish range. Yet they don't suffer from sibilance which is very nice. I tried them on some go-to sibilant tracks and these passed with flying colors. Maybe because the lack of upper extension?

Either way. I'll be giving them their due time and diligence before making my final decision on them.

May 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #69 of 776
I have a hard time believing someone would say these are comparable to $300 IEMs and another would say they're a great deal at $80. One argument was something about synergy and sq preference.

If it really is "up to preference" then how can we justify spending $300+ on iems if we're just looking for a sound signature? Just eq the schiit, so easy. Sound signature should really not be one of the deciding factors unless you plan on recording (or if it's beats with their irreparable +20db mid bass boost).

Also, burn in is ridiculous, yes it makes the signature more "consistent", and it may permanently change the db level of certain frequencies, but it's not going to make it more clear.

Either these are comparable to $80 IEMs or they're comparable to $300 IEMs, they can't be both.

May 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #70 of 776
Was going to keep burning but curiosity got the best of me and I had to try the line-out to the C&C. Definitely pairs better than the headphone out.
The mid range took a step forward. Makes it a more balanced sound than before.

Mid detail was already solid but now more prominent.

Bass is still as punchy and rumbles like a motherf...:yum::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Bit heavy but very enjoyable.

I was going to do a comparison to the pistons but I don't think I'm going to even bother. These crush the pistons in every way possible.

Maybe these were just really tight out of the box and pair badly with the HF out on the X3. Interesting. Something to look forward to now.

May 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #71 of 776
I have a hard time believing someone would say these are comparable to $300 IEMs and another would say they're a great deal at $80. One argument was something about synergy and sq preference.

If it really is "up to preference" then how can we justify spending $300+ on iems if we're just looking for a sound signature? Just eq the schiit, so easy. Sound signature should really not be one of the deciding factors unless you plan on recording (or if it's beats with their irreparable +20db mid bass boost).

Also, burn in is ridiculous, yes it makes the signature more "consistent", and it may permanently change the db level of certain frequencies, but it's not going to make it more clear.

Either these are comparable to $80 IEMs or they're comparable to $300 IEMs, they can't be both.

Maybe the following thread would interest you?

This all rather simple if FR is the end all. What cheapo's do I buy and what are the eq parameters to make it sound like my incoming UERM. Put up or shut up I say. I have no price bias, as I love my $35 Tenor (stunningly fantastic and no eq required), $15 HPM78 (with eq) and $20 MH1 (with eq) better than most things in the market. But I also find iems like the UERM, JH13 and K3003 pretty special too and capable of things my beloved dynamics just don't do.

While FR is overwhelmingly important, eq can't fix resonance, ringing, decay/speed, distortion, tube length and diameter, driver mounting angle (dynamics), venting and inherent crappiness of cross over design. But hey, I'm a big proponent of simple but concise eq, so I'm willing to try.

May 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #75 of 776
arrrghhh.....the lack of depth seems to be a trait for both the bigbirds? 
i need to hear the samurais shooting arrows out of the woods...
not smelling their armpits :p
Faint hope the depth will stretch out...unfold after 200hourszzz
Lets wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back