The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #211 of 615
I only use my smartphone Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, since I dont want to carry that much around and dont have the spare money for professional gear.

I liked the T20 sound signature very very very much, was nearly perfect for me, but the memory wire was a big negative point for me..
So jeah, will see how much more burn in achieves, and how good the IT03 is.
Maybe the LZ A4 are also a good option, they seem very promising :)
Try tip rolling and let them burn in for a good while, when I first tried them out of the box I remember the sound a little sibilant and harsh on the highs but this was with the medium tips and normally with all iems medium tips fit me perfectly. I went onto the large and bang a huge sound improvement, the highs were more smooth and the bass was a tad softer but when it called for it it would really deliver. The highs on the RHA T10 with the treble filter are much more bothersome to me. So give it time and let your brain adjust, hopefully all goes well :)

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #212 of 615
So the New Primacy has gone past 150hrs maybe more I don't remember. From what I am hearing, micro details are present but a tad more in the background but definitely still audible. But the main details that I do hear sound so much more textured. I truly haven't heard anything this good in a long long time. Comparing the NP to the Audeze Sine, the NP still has finer main detail compared to the Sine. It's addictive. I've been listening to The Prodigy Experience and the Sub bass and Mid bass are perfect to my ears on all tracks. The New Primacy takes time to adjust and I do understand what people mean that they might find the highs and mids to be more upfront than the bass. But after more listening, it's actually very nicely balanced and to me it delivers what the song should sound like. With some songs like Zebra Katz Hunter the bass hits seriously hard without any distortion. I wouldn't call the New Primacy a basshead iem because it is no where near it. But would I call it a audiophile masterfull piece of gear? Hell yes! :grin:. I am truly tempted to sell my headphones but if I do I know some day i'll miss them. But the New Primacy is that good. Take your time, try tip rolling but also try to find a balanced source or use eq to balance out the sound. It's funny but the sound coming from these iems reminds me of a LCD-2 or 3. Yes the soundstage and instrument separation is no where near what the big boys can give. But the balance and natural detail is simply superb yet while still being warm and lush. My new king in my headphone and Iem collection. :grin::grin::grin:

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #213 of 615
Try tip rolling and let them burn in for a good while, when I first tried them out of the box I remember the sound a little sibilant and harsh on the highs but this was with the medium tips and normally with all iems medium tips fit me perfectly. I went onto the large and bang a huge sound improvement, the highs were more smooth and the bass was a tad softer but when it called for it it would really deliver. The highs on the RHA T10 with the treble filter are much more bothersome to me. So give it time and let your brain adjust, hopefully all goes well
smily_headphones1.gif

What is tip rolling?
I use INAIR Foam Tips

Had the T10 and T20, loved the T20, but hated the memory wire

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #214 of 615
What is tip rolling?

I use INAIR Foam Tips

Had the T10 and T20, loved the T20, but hated the memory wire
Well there is two definitions.... But in the audio world, tip rolling is simply trying different sorts of ear tips untill you find the one that fits you best :). And I always wanted to get the T20 but am stuck with the New Primacy. I am addicted to them.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #215 of 615
Well there is two definitions.... But in the audio world, tip rolling is simply trying different sorts of ear tips untill you find the one that fits you best
smily_headphones1.gif
. And I always wanted to get the T20 but am stuck with the New Primacy. I am addicted to them.

Soundwise, I would always pick the T20 over the nPrimacy, but thats another story.
Generally I found that the people in their threads always would pick their item over the others.
Espescially for the LZ-A4, IT03 and newPrimacy

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #216 of 615
Soundwise, I would always pick the T20 over the nPrimacy, but thats another story.
Generally I found that the people in their threads always would pick their item over the others.

Espescially for the LZ-A4, IT03 and newPrimacy

That's pretty much head fi for you... Very few times will you find critique for a certain product. It is best to find out yourself first hand

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #217 of 615
I realised my old Primacy has a severe connection issue - the MMCX female connectors are beginning to detach from the body, and its giving me annoying intermittent cut offs. Anyone with any advice? I can't go back to warranty cos this was an ex-demo set, and I'm prolly too far down the line of owners, no receipt or invoice :/

May 3, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #218 of 615
Update on my situation! A little late cos I avoided this new website like the plague, it is such a pain to navigate around.

Anyway, I shot Oriveti an email, and got a prompt reply within a day, and they sent over a pair of New Primacy's (with tips!) within 5 days! All I had to do was send back my old Primacy drivers, and everything was resolved in the span of a week. Fantastic customer service by Marco, and a huge thanks Oriveti

May 22, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #220 of 615
I only use my smartphone Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, since I dont want to carry that much around and dont have the spare money for professional gear.

I liked the T20 sound signature very very very much, was nearly perfect for me, but the memory wire was a big negative point for me..
So jeah, will see how much more burn in achieves, and how good the IT03 is.
Maybe the LZ A4 are also a good option, they seem very promising :)

A little off-topic but owner of a Sony Z5 here. Unless you're using Campfire Audio-tier IEMs (e.g. Andromeda) don't expect great music out of your smartphone. Even investing a bit of money into a entry-level FiiO X3 or Cayin N5 will do your IEMs more justice.

May 25, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #221 of 615
Well I am using my Oriveti New Primacy hooked up to my HTC 10 using power amp alpha and Elemental Watson. I do have to use a 70ohm impedance adapter but luckily it is working perfectly and I hear no bad changes in sound. What I do hear is a huge massively insane improvement in detail retrieval. The whole over all sound sounds more upfront, nothing is shy especially the mids. Mids become so lush and crystal clear, I can even hear saliva when singers are taking breathes or talking. Guitar strings become beautifuly detailed and the treble becomes more sparkly but at the same time more lush. Sound stage has improved and instrument separation is perfect. Bass has become quicker and snappier but also hits a tad harder and digs deeper. Listening to Motorhead Sympathy for the devil, vocals sounded a bit muted but now they are perfectly at the front while cymbals, guitars and drums are perfectly in place. Truly sounding like a top tier flagship iem.

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #222 of 615
Jul 2, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #225 of 615
Gentleman, could anyone of you advise me if the Oriveti Primacy Japan limited edition is the New Primacy Version or the older, respective first one ?
Also as I figured out the only difference from the standard Version is the cable, right ?

Thanks very much for your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back