The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #181 of 615
For those who are interested, I posted a detailed review of NEW Primacy with a comparison to the original Primacy: https://twister6.com/2017/01/25/oriveti-new-primacy/ - will have it posted soon on Head-fi as well.

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #184 of 615
Got a demo set of the original Primacy, and I must say it's got fantastic detail retrieval, nothin much like it. Juicy mids, lean but impactful bass, and a nice relaxed treble quality, nowhere near sibilant yet. What's more, I got the whole set for just half the original price, so I'd say that's a bargain in my books :wink:

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #185 of 615
People should know about these amazing iems, purchased the New Primacy on friday and simply enjoy them more than the Westone W30 and Shure Se535. Currently on about 20 hours of burn in and the sound I am hearing is just magical. :grin:

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #186 of 615
subbed, still cant decide wether to go iBasso IT03 or NewPrimacy.
That some people wrote that the cable is a bit rubbery (also sticky maybe?), Im a bit afraid of that.
Also, the iBasso (as Twister wrote in his review) has a bit more impact, which I like, still im unsure due to the formfactor of the IT03, afraid they wont fit.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #187 of 615
Okay so i have the Old Primacy with an Opus #1 , A&K 70 and have had FLC 8s 

To me the primacy were good with both Ak 70 and #1 

I missed the space or airiness of the Flc8s ............

HOWEVER  i tried my collection of tips from spinfit to complys nothing seemed to sound spectacular until for me personally i tried a set of double flange RHA tips the tip with double seal and wow the bass slams hard almost as well as Oppo pm3 and Akg 7xxx and Hd650's the whole sound has been lifted by this.
The mids sound insightful and rich although the treble not as bright sounding but damn these tips have made a difference in a HUGE WAY.

so now although maybe not as spaced out sound wise as the FlC8s these hit harder have more body and detail is superb. Its all about the tip!!!

oh and i want to get a better mmcx balanced cable because the cable is soso to poor in my own opinion.

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #188 of 615
  subbed, still cant decide wether to go iBasso IT03 or NewPrimacy.
That some people wrote that the cable is a bit rubbery (also sticky maybe?), Im a bit afraid of that.
Also, the iBasso (as Twister wrote in his review) has a bit more impact, which I like, still im unsure due to the formfactor of the IT03, afraid they wont fit.

The New Primacy has a pretty rubbery cable though it won't really stick to things and it is very compliant. The IT03 is smooth like the Westone EPIC cable. In terms of sound, the IT03 has more slam, mainly sub-bass and a little mid-bass, they are a little more aggressive throughout the midrange and the high-end is more sparkly. They are pretty similarly detailed overall, it will come down to preference, the New Primacy is neutral, maybe slightly u-shaped and the IT03 is definitely more V-shaped. Personally, I couldn't see myself wearing the IT03 all day, I listened to it for about 45minutes and had ear pains though the sound was spectacular for the price. The New Primacy isn't as immediately impressive, but it is the smoother, more balanced earphone with superb ergonomics and fit, the cable is removable and replaceable should it become an issue for you.  

Quote:
  Okay so i have the Old Primacy with an Opus #1 , A&K 70 and have had FLC 8s 

To me the primacy were good with both Ak 70 and #1 

I missed the space or airiness of the Flc8s ............

HOWEVER  i tried my collection of tips from spinfit to complys nothing seemed to sound spectacular until for me personally i tried a set of double flange RHA tips the tip with double seal and wow the bass slams hard almost as well as Oppo pm3 and Akg 7xxx and Hd650's the whole sound has been lifted by this.
The mids sound insightful and rich although the treble not as bright sounding but damn these tips have made a difference in a HUGE WAY.

so now although maybe not as spaced out sound wise as the FlC8s these hit harder have more body and detail is superb. Its all about the tip!!!

oh and i want to get a better mmcx balanced cable because the cable is soso to poor in my own opinion.

You should give the JVC Spiral dots a go if you have a set or can find them economically in your area. They are renowned for increasing high-end presence, I daily them with my Primacy and New Primacy. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #189 of 615

The New Primacy has a pretty rubbery cable though it won't really stick to things and it is very compliant. The IT03 is smooth like the Westone EPIC cable. In terms of sound, the IT03 has more slam, mainly sub-bass and a little mid-bass, they are a little more aggressive throughout the midrange and the high-end is more sparkly. They are pretty similarly detailed overall, it will come down to preference, the New Primacy is neutral, maybe slightly u-shaped and the IT03 is definitely more V-shaped. Personally, I couldn't see myself wearing the IT03 all day, I listened to it for about 45minutes and had ear pains though the sound was spectacular for the price. The New Primacy isn't as immediately impressive, but it is the smoother, more balanced earphone with superb ergonomics and fit, the cable is removable and replaceable should it become an issue for you.  

The Zn (maybe you had the chance to have them in your hands) had also "rubbery" cable, which wont really stick, but sometimes hang a little onto things, espescially when wearing, hangs onto my jacket or scarf, and then the plugs themselves get a little pulled out, which is very annoying.
I couldnt even wear the cable inside my clothes, because the would pull on my ears everytime..

I would spend nearly the same for both, the IT03 and the Primacy, but if I would have to buy another (good) cable just to get rid of the rubbery, that would blow my budget sadly.. 

I will think a little about these. :)

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #190 of 615
Oriveti's stock cables are really commendable for the quality of them -- I have an Oriveti Basic and the cable is no doubt one of the better ones that come included with mid fi IEMs. In fact, I'd say that this cable is much better feeling and more 'premium' than Noble's cable ... however, this is a 4-core strand cable while the Primacy is an 8-core. The cable is soft and retains very little memory, it is rubbery but not very sticky: I would use the term 'matte'. 

In terms of comparing the IT03 and new Primacy -- I haven't had the opportunity to hear the New Primacy, but I can say for sure that I greatly preferred the old Primacy over the IT03. The IT03, in my opinion, is a bit overhyped as a "flagship killer": it has great subbass extension and rumble, but the mids and vocals sound tinny and slightly hollowed out. On the other hand, the old Primacy was just an overall solid performer with no major drawbacks other than a laid back treble -- not unnatural treble, but laid-back. 

I could only imagine that the new Primacy is better than the old Primacy in terms of treble extension. If I had $300, and had to blind pick one, I'd go with the Primacy. @teecee5

Also, the IT03 didn't fit my ear well. It was sharp and painful. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #191 of 615

Also, the IT03 didn't fit my ear well. It was sharp and painful. 

thats something I am also concerned about.

The hype train is also real for the IT03.. Its very hard to decide, will see.
Maybe I will just flip the coin and will see what fate wants me to buy :D

Some say that the Treble on the newPrimacy is softer (in comparison to IT03), and since I am very sensible to sibilance , this might be the dealbreaker. 

(And also I VERY like that the Primacy can be worn 2ways)

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #192 of 615

Some say that the Treble on the newPrimacy is softer (in comparison to IT03), and since I am very sensible to sibilance , this might be the dealbreaker. 

Yeah, my two main issues with the it03 were the vocals and a peak in the low treble (apart from fit).

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #193 of 615

Treble on the IT03 is considerably more pronounced and also sounds thinner to my ear, somewhat like the ie800. If you're sensitive to sibilance, the smooth New Primacy is a great option without sacrificing too much detail. Also, you technically can wear them cable down, but I wouldn't really recommend it. The stems are a little wierd, they're not like the Pinnacle P1 for example.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #194 of 615
How would you compare the Bass between those two? Espescially midbass wise and also how hard they slam
(maybe even with a 0-10, so I can compare it better)

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #195 of 615
How would you compare the Bass between those two? Espescially midbass wise and also how hard they slam
(maybe even with a 0-10, so I can compare it better)

Can't give an exact comparison, the New Primacy doesn't have a huge amount of slam where the IT03 has an elevated amount. If 5/10 is neutral, it's probably a 5.5-6/10 for the NP and maybe 7-7.5/10 for the IT03.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back