The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Aug 10, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #243 of 615
I'm very curious about these as an alternative / future replacement to my aging Westone W-30's.. But I have a few questions.

#1 Will the NP have more or less bass than the W-30's?

#2 Wondering if anyone has tried any Comply's on the NP? I can't use the usual silicon or Westone tips because my earbuds pop out from sweat during exercising. Comply doesn't list any foam tips for this brand...

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #244 of 615
We're in Lancing, right next to Worthing, unfortunately still a good 2hrs away.
No problem. I think I'm going to order the Oriveti from you. They appear to scale up well with the Mojo and are considerably cheaper than the others I was looking at - especially as I am also saving up for the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #245 of 615
No problem. I think I'm going to order the Oriveti from you. They appear to scale up well with the Mojo and are considerably cheaper than the others I was looking at - especially as I am also saving up for the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro.

That's a great choice!

Plus, you can always upgrade along the way. The road is more than half the fun in this hobby:darthsmile:

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #246 of 615
Gotta add to this conversation, like George, I have the ie800, DK3001 and New Primacy, I also have the Mojo and X7 II. The NP is a great iem for the price, fit and build are really sensational and sound, especially bass texture and lower mids are fabulous. I also don't find bad anemic in any sense, they are immediately fuller than earphones like the RE600 and their deep bass focus is really well done. I would like to provide a more critical outlook here, because compared to other best in class earphones, the NP's upper midrange could be a little sweeter and their treble response is quite smooth and polite, perhaps overly so for a lot. They're definitely south of neutral when compared to other earphones, especially middle treble so they don't have huge sparkle or air and while detail retrieval is fantastic, they aren't lack some bite to their lower treble. However, extension is good and they sound super clean for lack of better terminology.

The Dunu's will give you that treble aggression and crispness without over stepping any boundaries, they also have a more robust bass response and mids are a little clearer with more soundstage space. I really like the way the Dunu sounds but the fit and comfort for me were just passable.

The ie800 is still better than both on a technical level (of course, it is also more expensive) but it has some tonal issues that make it so very polarising. And since its tonal niggles are it's main downfall, it makes it really hard for users to find a direct upgrade because its strengths are inherently tied to its perceived weaknesses. And while comfort is great on the ie800, fit and stability in the ear are only really adequate when sitting down, maybe walking if you're lucky, but then you have to contend with wind noise due to their rear vents. The NP by comparison, disappears in the ear and can even be slept on while the Dunu has the stability but lacks on comfort.

I would also like to throw the Cardas A8 and Rose BR5 MKII in the running, the Cardas has a super organic, full bodied low end with a more laid back high end like the NP, it is similarly comfortable and stable. The A8 is one of the most spacious, dynamic earphones I've heard around this price. The Rose is the leanest and lacks sub bass, it is somewhat mid forward but is by far the most detailed earphone of the bunch and their midrange trades blows with the Oriveti. The Rose also has the deepest fit and the best isolation.
I can add into this but I do agree that yes highet tier iems will technically have advantages. I don't use the Mojo as my daily amp/dac as I am impressed with my HTC 10, my set up is simple, HTC 10 with no extra dac or amp, but when I am at home I hook it up to my Elemental Watson hybrid tube amp. I also messed with the HTC audio settings, I left the bass how it is on 3, but the mids and highs are on 4 so it gives the treble a lil more bite. On poweramp alpha I have the eq set on flat but the bass and treble dials are set on 5% while the stereo expand dial is on 20%. Now what the Watson does is a dramatic change and this is where the NP impressed me because with iems like the Andromeda, Ie800, Westone W40, Shure Se846 etc I only noticed a slight difference. The NP really got more energetic in the overall sound but yet it was smoother than straight out of the HTC, details improved a lot more and the sound was much more airy, the bass became very controlled and it would hit when called for, it had this room filling effect but it was much tighter and quicker with very impressive extension, the mids just felt like they were floating I honestly don't know how to explain it. Yes it's not a portable set up. But it's one of the reasons why I love this little iem. I found that it can actually be very picky with the amps, dac or player that is being used and with the Watson I admittedly do say there was a lot of hiss but I got a dunu 75Ohm impendence adapter, I thought this may alter the sound but nope, no effect as I used it straight out the 10 and sounded exactly the same, bass wasnt as hard hitting and definitely had to increase the volume but that is to be expected. So I use the impedance adapter with the Watson and hiss is completely gone, dead silent, maybe some slight EMI noise because how open the amp is but only the noise is heard for 1 second 2 secs max. Now I also tested it with the Mojo and I was very impressed, the sound was overall flatter and not as expansive to me as the Watson but also it is much much much more portable than the Watson, with Watson you are stuck at home. The Mojo to me felt nicely clear though with very quick bass, clear mids and good extension in the treble. Truly a awesome combo, but to me, the Np & Watson was love at first sight and blew me away. I have two settings on my HTC 10 now, so a completely flat Eq and the eq with just a slight lift in mids and treble. I honestly feel that with the right source and matching, the NP shines and really can outclass iems much higher than its price, but this is also my opinion and from what I hear with my ears, everybody has different tastes and preferred sound signatures. But I honestly haven't been this impressed with a headphone or iem in a good while, last time I said wow was with the Etymotic ER4XR, CA Andromeda, Focal Elear & Audeze Sine DX, all are different iems and headphones for different crowds but they all are spectacular for what they are, the NP are high up there with them. When I look for headphones or iems, I look at how much they can deliver for the price, it's what got me into this hobby and it's what going to keep me in this hobby for a very very long time :). The journey never finishes when it comes to audio, for me the next big thing is the Chinese headphone and iem industry and what spectacular iems we all have seen... now the next question is, what iem is or headphone is next thats going to wow me? And what can Oriveti do next for us? Can they blow our minds....

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #247 of 615
I'm very curious about these as an alternative / future replacement to my aging Westone W-30's.. But I have a few questions.

#1 Will the NP have more or less bass than the W-30's?

#2 Wondering if anyone has tried any Comply's on the NP? I can't use the usual silicon or Westone tips because my earbuds pop out from sweat during exercising. Comply doesn't list any foam tips for this brand...
From my experience, compared to the W30, the NP has about the same bass fell as the W30, but quality to me is much better, for your other question, I only have used the foam tips that came included with the NP but I can say they are very comfortable and of good quality.

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #248 of 615
:kissing:
headfi.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #249 of 615
I can add into this but I do agree that yes highet tier iems will technically have advantages. I don't use the Mojo as my daily amp/dac as I am impressed with my HTC 10, my set up is simple, HTC 10 with no extra dac or amp, but when I am at home I hook it up to my Elemental Watson hybrid tube amp. I also messed with the HTC audio settings, I left the bass how it is on 3, but the mids and highs are on 4 so it gives the treble a lil more bite. On poweramp alpha I have the eq set on flat but the bass and treble dials are set on 5% while the stereo expand dial is on 20%. Now what the Watson does is a dramatic change and this is where the NP impressed me because with iems like the Andromeda, Ie800, Westone W40, Shure Se846 etc I only noticed a slight difference. The NP really got more energetic in the overall sound but yet it was smoother than straight out of the HTC, details improved a lot more and the sound was much more airy, the bass became very controlled and it would hit when called for, it had this room filling effect but it was much tighter and quicker with very impressive extension, the mids just felt like they were floating I honestly don't know how to explain it. Yes it's not a portable set up. But it's one of the reasons why I love this little iem. I found that it can actually be very picky with the amps, dac or player that is being used and with the Watson I admittedly do say there was a lot of hiss but I got a dunu 75Ohm impendence adapter, I thought this may alter the sound but nope, no effect as I used it straight out the 10 and sounded exactly the same, bass wasnt as hard hitting and definitely had to increase the volume but that is to be expected. So I use the impedance adapter with the Watson and hiss is completely gone, dead silent, maybe some slight EMI noise because how open the amp is but only the noise is heard for 1 second 2 secs max. Now I also tested it with the Mojo and I was very impressed, the sound was overall flatter and not as expansive to me as the Watson but also it is much much much more portable than the Watson, with Watson you are stuck at home. The Mojo to me felt nicely clear though with very quick bass, clear mids and good extension in the treble. Truly a awesome combo, but to me, the Np & Watson was love at first sight and blew me away. I have two settings on my HTC 10 now, so a completely flat Eq and the eq with just a slight lift in mids and treble. I honestly feel that with the right source and matching, the NP shines and really can outclass iems much higher than its price, but this is also my opinion and from what I hear with my ears, everybody has different tastes and preferred sound signatures. But I honestly haven't been this impressed with a headphone or iem in a good while, last time I said wow was with the Etymotic ER4XR, CA Andromeda, Focal Elear & Audeze Sine DX, all are different iems and headphones for different crowds but they all are spectacular for what they are, the NP are high up there with them. When I look for headphones or iems, I look at how much they can deliver for the price, it's what got me into this hobby and it's what going to keep me in this hobby for a very very long time :). The journey never finishes when it comes to audio, for me the next big thing is the Chinese headphone and iem industry and what spectacular iems we all have seen... now the next question is, what iem is or headphone is next thats going to wow me? And what can Oriveti do next for us? Can they blow our minds....

I use the HTC 10 too, brilliant phone and not a shabby audio source I must say! Have you tried the iFi Black? It has a kinda energetic, almost u-shaped sound that really energizes smoother earphones like the New Primacy and midrange Noble iems, I agree that the New Primacy is truly addictive when driven from the right source and still really nice from portable devices too. It used to be my go to recommendation, but a few people I've suggested the Oriveti to made some comments about the treble response so I think recommendations should always factor that in. I also had the Westone W30, it's a good earphone, but I would take the New Primacy any day, to be honest, perhaps the Westone images slightly better and it does have more mid-bass fullness and treble bite but otherwise, the New Primacy is just a better earphone.

Aug 11, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #251 of 615
From my experience, compared to the W30, the NP has about the same bass fell as the W30, but quality to me is much better, for your other question, I only have used the foam tips that came included with the NP but I can say they are very comfortable and of good quality.

Thanks.... I'm running my W-30's out of my LG V10 for the majority of the time.. I listen to a lot of acoustic guitar type music.. So Bass isn't a priority for me... However, I do tend to boost the mids slightly via my EQ to overcome some of the flatness of the W-30. I'm definitely interested in the NP's..Love the discussion of the sound and comfort of the cables... I absolutely hate any earphones with memory ear. I've got the NP's saved in Amazon waiting for me to accumulate the needed funds. Once I get them, I'll try out the foams supplied and try out various Comply's in my stock to see if any of them work on the NP. THANKS!!

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #253 of 615
Out of stock ☹️. When will you be getting more in?

Posting from home, as its the weekend :D

Not sure when we'll get the matte black back in stock, they've been selling really well.

Available in Mocha and shiny black though

Aug 12, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #255 of 615
Posting from home, as its the weekend :D

Not sure when we'll get the matte black back in stock, they've been selling really well.

Available in Mocha and shiny black though
Phew - panic over. Think I'll order the Mocha next week. Bit different but looks okay in that colour. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back