The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Aug 9, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #226 of 615
Now following this thread with interest. Was originally looking at the Noble Sage and Dunu DK3001. From my research I'm not sure the Sage has enough sparkle in the treble and airy separation, it may be a little too warm and smooth (although eq might sort that out), and the Dunu potentially has some issues with fit and comfort - and although the Oriveti is quite a bit cheaper than these two - the reports I'm reading here suggest it might stand up well to these two.
I will be playing my iem through the Chord Mojo. Hopefully the Oriveti will respond well to the Mojo.

Aug 9, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #227 of 615
Now following this thread with interest. Was originally looking at the Noble Sage and Dunu DK3001. From my research I'm not sure the Sage has enough sparkle in the treble and airy separation, it may be a little too warm and smooth (although eq might sort that out), and the Dunu potentially has some issues with fit and comfort - and although the Oriveti is quite a bit cheaper than these two - the reports I'm reading here suggest it might stand up well to these two.
I will be playing my iem through the Chord Mojo. Hopefully the Oriveti will respond well to the Mojo.

I have both DK-3001 and New Primacy.

It really depends on your tastes, they have different signatures:darthsmile:

Both are quite good sounding, New Primacy gets too little attention from what I think, and I think that you can't really go wrong with either.

You could say that they compliment each other, if that makes sense. It will be a while until I manage to write my review about New Primacy, but the one for DK-3001 is ready :smile_phones:

What type of sound are you looking for? Maybe I can help you somehow.

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #228 of 615
I have both DK-3001 and New Primacy.

It really depends on your tastes, they have different signatures:darthsmile:

Both are quite good sounding, New Primacy gets too little attention from what I think, and I think that you can't really go wrong with either.

You could say that they compliment each other, if that makes sense. It will be a while until I manage to write my review about New Primacy, but the one for DK-3001 is ready :smile_phones:

What type of sound are you looking for? Maybe I can help you somehow.
I have PM-1 Headphones which have a fairly dark smooth relaxed signature and I'm about to get some DT1990 Pro to counter balance that with a more airy neutral sound. Ideally I'd like some iem (about £500 budget) that have the best of both of these. Really don't want a muddy sound, with a bass that just bleeds into everything nor do I want a cold clinical treble.
Needs to be musical, energetic treble, smoother mids and a tight punchy precise bass. I'm open to any suggestions. And hopefully match well with a Chord Mojo.
Hope this helps, thanks :)

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #229 of 615
I have PM-1 Headphones which have a fairly dark smooth relaxed signature and I'm about to get some DT1990 Pro to counter balance that with a more airy neutral sound. Ideally I'd like some iem (about £500 budget) that have the best of both of these. Really don't want a muddy sound, with a bass that just bleeds into everything nor do I want a cold clinical treble.
Needs to be musical, energetic treble, smoother mids and a tight punchy precise bass. I'm open to any suggestions. And hopefully match well with a Chord Mojo.
Hope this helps, thanks :)

Woah, that helps a bit!

Your tastes are somewhat similar to mine :darthsmile:

DK-3001 tends to be a romantic and sweet IEM, with a smoother top end, New Primacy tends to be a bit more energetic and lively. Mids are awesome on both, and both have a very good tonality, and bass is lower in quantity on New Primacy. I am not sure how much bass you desire / need even with that description, but New Primacy is more on the neutral side of things and it is quite tight. DK-3001 has a slightly enhanced bass and it is more on the natural side of things, so longer decay.

I never experienced a clinical treble with the IEMs I tested, probably I'm really not sensitive to this.

The sound is quite musical on both, and I would recommend both for their strengths, both perform quite well. New Primacy would be a bit closer to the mids of P1, but with more treble and less bass, while DK-3001 is much more similar to HD650 and HD600, if this comparison makes sense.

I experienced great comfort with both, having large ears, but then again, I generally have great comfort with everything, only on-ears and buds are a no-go for me:smile_phones:

Hope this helps a bit.

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #231 of 615
Woah, that helps a bit!

Your tastes are somewhat similar to mine :darthsmile:

DK-3001 tends to be a romantic and sweet IEM, with a smoother top end, New Primacy tends to be a bit more energetic and lively. Mids are awesome on both, and both have a very good tonality, and bass is lower in quantity on New Primacy. I am not sure how much bass you desire / need even with that description, but New Primacy is more on the neutral side of things and it is quite tight. DK-3001 has a slightly enhanced bass and it is more on the natural side of things, so longer decay.

I never experienced a clinical treble with the IEMs I tested, probably I'm really not sensitive to this.

The sound is quite musical on both, and I would recommend both for their strengths, both perform quite well. New Primacy would be a bit closer to the mids of P1, but with more treble and less bass, while DK-3001 is much more similar to HD650 and HD600, if this comparison makes sense.

I experienced great comfort with both, having large ears, but then again, I generally have great comfort with everything, only on-ears and buds are a no-go for me:smile_phones:

Hope this helps a bit.
I don't want to derail this thread by talking too much about other iems - but what about the Senn ie800? I do need some life in the bass as I listen to a lot of bass oriented music, just don't want it to overshadow any clarity.
(Based on your description the Dunu sound more like what I'm after.)

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #232 of 615
I don't want to derail this thread by talking too much about other iems - but what about the Senn ie800? I do need some life in the bass as I listen to a lot of bass oriented music, just don't want it to overshadow any clarity.

ie800 is more V-shaped, much more sparkle in the treble and much more sub-bass. Sweet mids. Also a bit above your original price range, around 700$ or so new.

New Primacy is more neutral in the bass, more neutral in the mids, more neutral in the treble. ie800 is not neutral, it is a V/U shaped IEM with a ton of sub-bass and a very sparkly treble. I like it as well actually. What I really love about New Primacy is the mids, which they get just so right, like PM1 had a midrange that was just so right.

You might not believe me, but I love them all, but for very different reasons.

ie800 is also more expensive than either DK-3001 or New Primacy, at their price New Primacy are a killer deal.

Oh yes, ie800 is slightly polarising, some folks really love it, some don't. Very few neutral opinions about them.

It really depends on your budget at this moment, if you have around 300$ and if you want a little PM-1 with more treble and less bass, New Primacy would be aweomse. It might be better than PM-1 even, depending on your tastes, the mids are even better tuned. If you have 700$, ie800 is a good deal, I mean, they are more than double the price :darthsmile:

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #233 of 615
I can help you out with this, if you are going to be using the NewPrimacy with the Mojo you definitely are in for a treat, I personaly love the NewPrimacy over some more expensive iems such as the IE800 and Shure Se846. I noticed the New Primacy scales very very well with a clean source and a little bit more of power. The NP have a very nice close to neutral sound. To my ears I feel that they have a slight bass emphasis but it is no where near basshead. But instead the bass is amazing quality than quantity, but definitely bass isnt lacking to my ears. The texture these iems can pull out though is spectacular and definitely havent heard bass this detailed and controlled in a very good while. Mids are crystal and nor are they recessed or to up front, I love how the mids are presented kinda sound like its floating and very lush. Detail retrieval is awesome, very clear and you will hear things you haven't heard before, treble is nicely extended, there is a lil bit of roll off but its nothing serious and the treble has very nice sparkle. I can definitely say, you can not go wrong with the New Primacy :). I keep on getting impressed with what this little iem can do, I truly haven't found a iem that sounds this good while being small, comfortable and with a price that I truly feel is low for what this iem can do. It's an awesome bargain. 100000% recommend. Imagine a audiophile sound with a fun twist, the New Primacy is no where near bass shy and it can really hit when called for, I haven't used open backs in a damn good while, yes soundstage isnt going to be the biggest but it defs is bigger than average with very good imaging and instrument separation. Yes firstly I do recommend that if you can try it first, do it, but I wholeheartedly can say, you will not be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #234 of 615
I can help you out with this, if you are going to be using the NewPrimacy with the Mojo you definitely are in for a treat, I personaly love the NewPrimacy over some more expensive iems such as the IE800 and Shure Se846. I noticed the New Primacy scales very very well with a clean source and a little bit more of power. The NP have a very nice close to neutral sound. To my ears I feel that they have a slight bass emphasis but it is no where near basshead. But instead the bass is amazing quality than quantity, but definitely bass isnt lacking to my ears. The texture these iems can pull out though is spectacular and definitely havent heard bass this detailed and controlled in a very good while. Mids are crystal and nor are they recessed or to up front, I love how the mids are presented kinda sound like its floating and very lush. Detail retrieval is awesome, very clear and you will hear things you haven't heard before, treble is nicely extended, there is a lil bit of roll off but its nothing serious and the treble has very nice sparkle. I can definitely say, you can not go wrong with the New Primacy :). I keep on getting impressed with what this little iem can do, I truly haven't found a iem that sounds this good while being small, comfortable and with a price that I truly feel is low for what this iem can do. It's an awesome bargain. 100000% recommend. Imagine a audiophile sound with a fun twist, the New Primacy is no where near bass shy and it can really hit when called for, I haven't used open backs in a damn good while, yes soundstage isnt going to be the biggest but it defs is bigger than average with very good imaging and instrument separation. Yes firstly I do recommend that if you can try it first, do it, but I wholeheartedly can say, you will not be dissapointed.

Agreed about textures and mids :darthsmile:

I'm still listening to them, it has been too little to make this detailed of an impression, but I am quite surprised by the textures they are able to pull off.

Maybe with Mojo they get a bit more bass, but as you stated, not a basshead IEM, rather, they have a very nice quality to their bass.

One cannot go wrong with New Primacy, especially at 300$, this one I can totally agree with :smile_phones:

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #235 of 615
Wow!! Thanks for that. I think that may well have helped make my mind up. Especially as they are considerably cheaper than so many other well respected iems. That is definitely a plus as a lot of funds have gone on other equipment recently. The sound as you describe it...sounds ideal.

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #236 of 615
Gotta add to this conversation, like George, I have the ie800, DK3001 and New Primacy, I also have the Mojo and X7 II. The NP is a great iem for the price, fit and build are really sensational and sound, especially bass texture and lower mids are fabulous. I also don't find bad anemic in any sense, they are immediately fuller than earphones like the RE600 and their deep bass focus is really well done. I would like to provide a more critical outlook here, because compared to other best in class earphones, the NP's upper midrange could be a little sweeter and their treble response is quite smooth and polite, perhaps overly so for a lot. They're definitely south of neutral when compared to other earphones, especially middle treble so they don't have huge sparkle or air and while detail retrieval is fantastic, they aren't lack some bite to their lower treble. However, extension is good and they sound super clean for lack of better terminology.

The Dunu's will give you that treble aggression and crispness without over stepping any boundaries, they also have a more robust bass response and mids are a little clearer with more soundstage space. I really like the way the Dunu sounds but the fit and comfort for me were just passable.

The ie800 is still better than both on a technical level (of course, it is also more expensive) but it has some tonal issues that make it so very polarising. And since its tonal niggles are it's main downfall, it makes it really hard for users to find a direct upgrade because its strengths are inherently tied to its perceived weaknesses. And while comfort is great on the ie800, fit and stability in the ear are only really adequate when sitting down, maybe walking if you're lucky, but then you have to contend with wind noise due to their rear vents. The NP by comparison, disappears in the ear and can even be slept on while the Dunu has the stability but lacks on comfort.

I would also like to throw the Cardas A8 and Rose BR5 MKII in the running, the Cardas has a super organic, full bodied low end with a more laid back high end like the NP, it is similarly comfortable and stable. The A8 is one of the most spacious, dynamic earphones I've heard around this price. The Rose is the leanest and lacks sub bass, it is somewhat mid forward but is by far the most detailed earphone of the bunch and their midrange trades blows with the Oriveti. The Rose also has the deepest fit and the best isolation.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #237 of 615

If you were down south you could have come by and tested the New Primacy back to back with the DK3001 :D

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #238 of 615
Gotta add to this conversation, like George, I have the ie800, DK3001 and New Primacy, I also have the Mojo and X7 II. The NP is a great iem for the price, fit and build are really sensational and sound, especially bass texture and lower mids are fabulous. I also don't find bad anemic in any sense, they are immediately fuller than earphones like the RE600 and their deep bass focus is really well done. I would like to provide a more critical outlook here, because compared to other best in class earphones, the NP's upper midrange could be a little sweeter and their treble response is quite smooth and polite, perhaps overly so for a lot. They're definitely south of neutral when compared to other earphones, especially middle treble so they don't have huge sparkle or air and while detail retrieval is fantastic, they aren't lack some bite to their lower treble. However, extension is good and they sound super clean for lack of better terminology.

The Dunu's will give you that treble aggression and crispness without over stepping any boundaries, they also have a more robust bass response and mids are a little clearer with more soundstage space. I really like the way the Dunu sounds but the fit and comfort for me were just passable.

The ie800 is still better than both on a technical level (of course, it is also more expensive) but it has some tonal issues that make it so very polarising. And since its tonal niggles are it's main downfall, it makes it really hard for users to find a direct upgrade because its strengths are inherently tied to its perceived weaknesses. And while comfort is great on the ie800, fit and stability in the ear are only really adequate when sitting down, maybe walking if you're lucky, but then you have to contend with wind noise due to their rear vents. The NP by comparison, disappears in the ear and can even be slept on while the Dunu has the stability but lacks on comfort.

I would also like to throw the Cardas A8 and Rose BR5 MKII in the running, the Cardas has a super organic, full bodied low end with a more laid back high end like the NP, it is similarly comfortable and stable. The A8 is one of the most spacious, dynamic earphones I've heard around this price. The Rose is the leanest and lacks sub bass, it is somewhat mid forward but is by far the most detailed earphone of the bunch and their midrange trades blows with the Oriveti. The Rose also has the deepest fit and the best isolation.
It's never ending!!! My sanity....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back