The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Oct 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #151 of 615
Last year I used SD2 and there was sibilance. Now using Primacy, details on par with SD2, depth is better, no treble peaks, much better 3D image, both iems are average on low notes. What I mean is SD2 is not an upgrade advice in my opinion, just a sidegrade. SD2 built is excellent btw, ciem level for sure.

I dont think the sd2 is a sibilant iem.
Even from reviews ive read.
May i know what source did you use sir that cause its sibilance?

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #153 of 615
I've been using these with medium SpinFit tips. Decided to try SpiralDot tips (medium-large) — definitely getting a better seal, but also seem to be getting more bass (bit too much) compared to the SpinFit tips. Ordered large SpinFit tips to try next.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #154 of 615
Hello Head-Fi'ers!

I've got Oriveti Primacy, using it with Chord Mojo DAC. Well, the output result is really great.
I think this little IEM's are really undervalued. Music is so crisp and handy, that i think they worth much more than 299,- USD.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #155 of 615
An interesting delivery came today!

This is the New Primacy that sits above Oriveti's basic single dynamic earphone and replaces the original Primacy. I've written some brief first impressions and comparisons with the Original Primacy and will have a full review out with more comparisons soon.

Accessories - 

Stock tips are of much higher quality, no longer transparent. The look when installed on the earphones is more uniform, they also won’t yellow with age. Otherwise accessories are identical.

Design - 

The housings are very slightly larger, they are the same shape but the New Primacy is slightly longer. Since the original Primacy was already quite compact, the new primacy still doesn’t contact my inner ear and actually fits slightly better. The fit is now in-between a Shure/Westone monitor and Phonak style fitment, almost the best of both worlds. Taking them for my usual 6Km run and the earphones stay put. They have a deeper fitment than the Primacy and the angle of the cable is more ergonomic.  

The finish is also different, the New Primacy has a more matte texture as opposed to the Primacy which has a smoother finish (though this could be due to usage/wear of the older model).
There is now a vent in the housings, doesn’t seem to affect isolation too much, I will have to do some more testing. 

The cable is also much improved both in build and ergonomics. The new 8-core braided cable is slightly thicker, has a smoother texture than the original and is suppler, resisting tangles much better as a result. It also terminates in a right angle plug which is much better for portable/pocket usage. 

Sound - 

Same driver setup, same FR and impedance. From brief comparison:

- Bass is more textured, the lower midrange is thinner(?)
- Soundstage is wider
- More midrange clarity
- Slightly brighter
- More treble presence

So overall, Oriveti seem to have addressed almost all complaints we had with the original Primacy, I'll have to do more listening to confirm my findings but so far, the New Primacy is shaping up to be a very competitive earphone. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #156 of 615
Nice that you already have them, @ryanjsoo!

It might be too early to ask, but are you already able to say how the NEW PRIMACY compares to the "old" one in terms of bass quality? I assume that the lows might be slightly softer due to the venting compared to the PRIMACY's really tight and fast dynamic bass driver.

/edit: Updated the thread title and first post with the NEW PRIMACY.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #157 of 615
Nice that you already have them, @ryanjsoo
!

It might be too early to ask, but are you already able to say how the NEW PRIMACY compares to the "old" one in terms of bass quality? I assume that the lows might be slightly softer due to the venting compared to the PRIMACY's really tight and fast dynamic bass driver.

[rule]
/edit: Updated the thread title and first post with the NEW PRIMACY.

Yes very lucky indeed, Oriveti aren't actually shipping them out yet, I got them early as a warranty replacement due to a nozzle issue on my Primacy.

I actually couldn't get a proper seal with the original Primacy, I could only wear them with Spinfits which were likely impacting the sound for me so it's not really a fair comparison in that regard. I felt that the Primacy was missing a bit of texture even if sub Bass was nice and tight and they weren't really muddy or boomy in any way. The New Primacy's bass is more neutral and has that texture I was looking for but sub Bass doesn't seem as snappy. I also want to try swapping the 8 core cable into the original Primacy to see how that goes. Will have to give them a few more hours before I come to any concrete conclusion, I've been busy with the HD800S review tour.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #158 of 615
I'm waiting to recieve my NEW PRIMACY in glossy blue color (yes, black will no longer be the only color of primacy IEMs).
Plus, i've ordered Oriveti BASIC IEMs. I will compare to the OLD ones just after delivery (hope in this year). 

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #159 of 615
Just posted my review of the New Primacy, I've had some more time to think on the tonality and quality of the sound. All in all, though the original Primacy is more politely tuned, the New Primacy is more balanced and very linear but also slightly mid-forward by comparison. That being said, the sound quality is quite a bit better; lower mids are less scooped, bass is hyper-textured and treble is a lot more linear so the earphones are more resolving. I'm loving the new cable and bass performance in particular, they are incredibly refined for the price.

Existing Primacy owners probably shouldn't feel too pushed to upgrade and some may even prefer the tonality of the old Primacy. On a technical level and if you are a fan of a very neutral sound, the New Primacy is a very accomplished earphone.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/oriveti-new-primacy-premium-triple-driver-hybrid-hifi-iem-headphones/reviews/17639
https://everydaylisteningblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/22/meet-the-new-primacy-from-oriveti/

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #160 of 615
If the NEW Primacy and old Primacy were brothers, and speaking in relation to sound:

The NEW Primacy gained some weight. It's good though, comparing the two, it sounds like the NEW Primacy put on twenty pounds of muscle...

New Primacy is looking at the old Primacy saying stuff like "Do you even lift, bro?"

True story

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #161 of 615
I just got the new Primacy and I'm enjoying the new tuning vs the older one.  More accurate, less boomy bass, mids not as in your face as before and better presence on the highs. same comfortable fit though.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #162 of 615
Jan 4, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #163 of 615
Now it's official, NEW Primacy is released and already available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2iHVmrL and also its single DD sidekick BASIC is available now as well: http://amzn.to/2iHQMd7

Is the seller an authorized reseller or just a random third party seller? In the Oriveti website it says that Amazon is an authorized reseller but the only seller I see there is a third party.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #164 of 615
Is the seller an authorized reseller or just a random third party seller? In the Oriveti website it says that Amazon is an authorized reseller but the only seller I see there is a third party.

Oriveti contacted me too, it should be first party since no-one else has them yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back