The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Aug 10, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #121 of 615
Just got these. Tremendously impressed on first listen, but they seem somewhat harsh and fatiguing a day later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all hear things different, for me it's the opposite. I've had them for several months and still like them. I actually prefer them over flc 8s. I just wish they had a little more bass.

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #122 of 615
I stumbled onto these on Amazon while looking for a V-Moda replacement (have the M-100, test driving the Zn). Read through the thread, pausing here and there to look up some of the DAPs you guys were talking about and the JVC IEMs. I'm very small-fish in comparison to you guys, (my most expensive phones are Westone W3 and I'm still powered by a Cowon J3 until budget makes more sense) the build of these headphones caught my eye right away and brought me right back to head-fi where I always end up spending money I shouldn't and regretting it zero (ok maybe sometimes when the credit card payments have to be made lol).

Anyway, small talk aside... I'm taking back the Zn's tomorrow to free up $195 (hate NYC tax) and grabbing these bad boys on Amazon (no tax and you guys got me antsy to get em... So 1 day Prime shipping it is). I know this is low scale comparison... But how blown away will I be in comparison to my W3's and these Zn's that I'm having a love hate relationship with?

Gonna keep my V-Moda M-100 on deck when I'm feeling for more bass punch, but if these completelyyyy blow away my W3's I do believe they will find themselves sold. Feels good to be back... Great thread guys!

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #123 of 615
We all hear things different, for me it's the opposite. I've had them for several months and still like them. I actually prefer them over flc 8s. I just wish they had a little more bass.

Of course, we ask hear a bit differently, but fatiguing isn't something that comes to mind with Primacy for me. They're on the verge of being too smooth for my tastes.

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #124 of 615
Of course, we ask hear a bit differently, but fatiguing isn't something that comes to mind with Primacy for me. They're on the verge of being too smooth for my tastes.

I understand what you mean about being too smooth. I think for me it's the hole package, signature, ergonomic and fit. If I want bass or more fun I use different iems.

No doubt that flc 8s is technically better, but to many filter options and that cable :hushed:. I know you are a big fan of flc 8s :grin:.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #126 of 615
What aftermarket mic cable would be the best (yet affordable) to use with these headphones?

We offer different cables with in-line mic for this IEM:
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Aug 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #128 of 615
Just received my pair... Like another user mentioned, I seem to have received an open box/used pair (which I don't necessarily mind as the tips are all clean)... Spoke to the merchant and asked if he would consider a discount as I don't see why I should be paying new price for used. Will see what's up.

Put on my comply tips (all tips that came with are kept clean in case I send em back) and have to say... Wow, you guys were so right, these things sound CLEAN. Less bass pound than the V-moda Zn but that's no complaint at all as I found the bass on those overbearing and muddy. Fit is so much better too, can't even feel em in my ears. There is less Soundstage than my Westone W3 but not to the point that it's a detractor. I'm pleased.

Update: Even though the open box sent was at the fault of Amazon's fulfillment... Oriveti's customer service would not allow for any form of customer dissatisfaction. Offered either their next model or the upgraded cable to make up for Amazon's shortcomings. I am very impressed and pleased. This is a top notch company.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #134 of 615
The Pinnacle is bassier, more forward in the treble, has got the more engaging and addictive soundstage, is similarly well built but delivers the even more impressive unboxing experience, but from what I perceive, the MEE's bass isn't as tight and controlled and the overall detail retrieval in the mids and treble is also below the Primacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back