The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Jun 23, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #107 of 615
With the stock silicone tips, there is a narrow upper treble peak (doing a sine sweep easily reveals it) but as the area below (around 5 kHz) is quite smooth and in the background, it is not really noticeable in 90%+ of the time when listening to music. Just when a single note exactly hits this frequency, it can be perceived as a little bright/harsh. But as I said, a single note really needs to hit exactly that narrow peak frequency which does not happen most of the time.

Thanks! It is quite informative for me. I do not measure any audio items but just using my ear to test out so it will be quite subjective. I only had to tune down eq a bit on freq near 7khz to avoid some sibilance for me. Jupiter high freq is smooth but i feel too smooth that do not have some bite in high pitch freq like Oriveti which i like. It sounds more real like some instruments that have high pitch which oriveti can produce that bite a bit unlike Jupiter too smooth but easy on ear.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #111 of 615
I had try cayin i5 at Jaben. At first listening, i like it as it sounds very airy and spacious. After that, i try on my cowon p1 with the preset eq and found the sound is quite similar to Cayin i5. So i suspect it is more of eq sound. N5 is not bad which is warm but i am looking for more airy with warm dap. Just tried QR1P yesterday and love it and bought it immediately at AV One.

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #112 of 615
Yesterday, I went on a (...n admittedly short) run, taking the Oriveti Primacy in-ears with me. Using them outside, they fit in really nicely to what I desire on the go - good midrange details and speech intelligibility at low listening levels, fatigue-free sound but without a subdued treble or too little/too much lower-end impact, no unnecessary thickness and warmth, a really clean and tight, arid dynamic bass and a perfectly fine "average" soundstage (not meant in a negative way though) that is however very circular and has got good depth. Pretty pretty nice indeed and really good mid-priced (well, probably less than "mid-priced" these days going by the trend of the market) go-to IEMs. I should really take them outside more often.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #113 of 615
Yes, these are really good, and I'd suggest people also look into FLC8S which sounds similar but can be fine-tuned to fit your preference. That said, Primacy definitely has some positive attributes that edge out FLC8S, like even more ergonomic shells, more common connectors, less microphonic and more supple cable, and sibilance is less prominent.

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #115 of 615
True. Nonetheless on the pure sound side, the FLC8s is ahead in most categories (imho).

Agreed, Chris. It's all a balancing act, right? With FLC8S, you get improved sound that you can find the to your liking. With Primacy, you get a really nice mix of good, smooth sound and great ergonomics. Personally, I'm sticking with FLC8S, but I do wish FLC adopted the ergonomics of Primacy.

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #116 of 615
Agreed, Chris. It's all a balancing act, right? With FLC8S, you get improved sound that you can find the to your liking. With Primacy, you get a really nice mix of good, smooth sound and great ergonomics. Personally, I'm sticking with FLC8S, but I do wish FLC adopted the ergonomics of Primacy.

Stop it! I just bought a HEM8 to compare to the A8 and HEM2's, now you guys are really making me want to try the FLC8S and the Primacy.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #118 of 615
LOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You've got some nice IEM there. Don't be jealous, be happy!

But yes, go try some FLC8S..

Heh, they're both on my list of IEM's I want to try, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it while I have all the others here. Ultimately a few of the ones I've bought over the last little while are going to have to go but so far I've really liked all of them so I want to give them all a good audition before making any final decisions.

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #119 of 615
True. Nonetheless on the pure sound side, the FLC8s is ahead in most categories (imho).

[...], but I do wish FLC adopted the ergonomics of Primacy.

Interesting how impressions and ear anatomy can differ - I personally perceive both IEMs to fit equally good and to be very close to the ergonomics of Shure IEMs which I find to be the most comfortable and easiest to insert IEMs around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back