The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
May 10, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #4,771 of 5,760
Pardon me sir, I forgot to mention that I was not a person in favour of warm sound signature (thanks for letting me know). Before considering TAZ, I wanted to purchase a dac (Audio-GD) and an amp (Phonitor) and my WM1A would be the source. The beauty of TAZ, to me, is a compact and a hassle-free setup.
Yes, the form and the s-master are the unique features from TAZ. It is my pleasure

May 10, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #4,773 of 5,760
This Information is new to me. According to Sony Japan and e-earphone, the TA-ZH1ES not discontinued and in stock
I just bought mine a week ago, it is in stock in the USA, if any announcements are made this year, it might be around IFA, usually late summer, thats when the 2016 Taz was unveiledl; I fully agree with Whitigir, the next gen TAZ will be way more expensive.

May 10, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #4,774 of 5,760
How do you say the sound of DMP-Z1? I have listened it in the Sony Store and am fond its clarity. Does TAZ sound like Z1?

One funny thing is that I have already purchased the cradle for my WM1A in anticipation of TAZ; haha.
They’re very close, down to the T. And adding the carbon cable with the Cradle makes the sound that much closer to the DMP-Z1. The DMP can boost power hungry headphones, but both offer wonderful performance

May 10, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #4,775 of 5,760
Interesting. You are right; I have just checked out the webpage of Sony Japan & TAZ is still available for order.

However, Sony Australia says that it was discontinued.

https://store.sony.com.au/archived-headphones-amplifiers/TAZH1ES.html
It's the same for Sony Germany.

Here, you can't buy pretty much anything right now.

Everything is either out of stock or discontinued.

A lot of Japanese companies did give up on non Japanese markets.

Earphones like the ones from Acoustune never got released and even the IER-M7/9 or the XBA-Z5 did not get a release here

Surprisingly, Europe (especially Germany) is the only market, beside Japan, where Sony is focusing on their Smartphones.

It's an confusing mess so I just gave up to understand this and accept it the way it is.

Walkman have the volume cap, so the only thing you can buy here is crap :frowning2:

May 11, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #4,776 of 5,760
May 13, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #4,777 of 5,760
I just bought mine a week ago, it is in stock in the USA, if any announcements are made this year, it might be around IFA, usually late summer, thats when the 2016 Taz was unveiledl; I fully agree with Whitigir, the next gen TAZ will be way more expensive.
Interesting thing happened to me Thursday/Friday: the TA-ZH1ES which was listed as out of stock on the online Sony Store for the longest time (as well as their distributors) suddenly reappeared with a modest 10% discount (which is about as much discount you’d get from their retailers cos of the strict control Sony maintains here). I asked one of the retailers to enquire from Sony but they were told that there was not any stock for wholesale. So, I pulled the trigger and ordered on the Sony store. :)

Fast forward to yesterday evening and I had a call from Sony Singapore. The staff wanted to let me know that because it has to be pre-ordered from overseas, it will not be delivered overnight as with their other stock. It will take about a week for the stock to be delivered to me. Which is fine. Fingers crossed.

May 13, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #4,778 of 5,760
Interesting thing happened to me Thursday/Friday: the TA-ZH1ES which was listed as out of stock on the online Sony Store for the longest time (as well as their distributors) suddenly reappeared with a modest 10% discount (which is about as much discount you’d get from their retailers cos of the strict control Sony maintains here). I asked one of the retailers to enquire from Sony but they were told that there was not any stock for wholesale. So, I pulled the trigger and ordered on the Sony store. :)

Fast forward to yesterday evening and I had a call from Sony Singapore. The staff wanted to let me know that because it has to be pre-ordered from overseas, it will not be delivered overnight as with their other stock. It will take about a week for the stock to be delivered to me. Which is fine. Fingers crossed.
So you're soon diving into the probably best sound quality that exists in this planet (imho of course^^)

May 13, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #4,779 of 5,760
So you're soon diving into the probably best sound quality that exists in this planet (imho of course^^)
Hahah! Thank you! Well, I do enjoy the Sony sound signature. Funny thing was the lady asked me: do you have our other Sony products? I just went and listed what I had… 😆

May 15, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #4,780 of 5,760
Do any of you plug the Taz directly to the wall or to a surge protector? I would like to reduce the changes of degrading the sound quality, I heard surge protectors can reduce SQ. Any thoughts?

May 15, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #4,781 of 5,760
Do any of you plug the Taz directly to the wall or to a surge protector? I would like to reduce the changes of degrading the sound quality, I heard surge protectors can reduce SQ. Any thoughts?
That is correct, the best is to hook it to a dedicated circuit for itself. Just ask any electrician and install a new outlet that has it own breaker to your panel. That is the best way to spend your money

May 15, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #4,783 of 5,760
May 15, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #4,784 of 5,760
Not sure if any of you came across this article, a nice read:

https://www.sony.jp/audio/special/interview/ZH1ES/
7B458792-7EF2-4657-A5B1-97FC1D5F4A4C.jpeg

That’s some cool stuff, thank-you! Not that I understand it or anything! Lol

May 15, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #4,785 of 5,760
7B458792-7EF2-4657-A5B1-97FC1D5F4A4C.jpeg

That’s some cool stuff, thank-you! Not that I understand it or anything! Lol
Thanks! I am really looking forward to Sony Singapore sending me one of the last TA-ZH1ES. If it needs a week or so, I suspect it will be stock from Sony Japan itself. I am just glad that I managed to secure one. Fingers crossed until it arrives. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back