The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Mar 20, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #5,746 of 5,761
Anyone here use their TAZ for gaming and experience this..

Idk what happened but my audio was legit reversed. I was playing Overwatch and things were in front of me sounded like they were behind me, and left sounded like it was right, etc. Overwatch doesn't have a lot of audio settings so it's not like I had changed a setting on accident.

Turning the amp off and back on fixed it but it was extremely strange.
I know that. I had this issue quite a few times that L/R was suddenly switched. But as the TA-ZH1ES inducts delay into the audio, i stopped using it anyway. Also the sound quality of some games is insanely bad and you can hear that way too good which kinda destroys the fun too.

There are some games with good soundtracks that also have high sound quality and where the delay doesn't matter, but in the end, its rather an hassle for me so i stopped using it.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #5,748 of 5,761
I know that. I had this issue quite a few times that L/R was suddenly switched. But as the TA-ZH1ES inducts delay into the audio, i stopped using it anyway. Also the sound quality of some games is insanely bad and you can hear that way too good which kinda destroys the fun too.

There are some games with good soundtracks that also have high sound quality and where the delay doesn't matter, but in the end, its rather an hassle for me so i stopped using it.
Inducts delay into audio? Where did you get that from? I have not noticed any kind of delayed audio when gaming...

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #5,750 of 5,761
I bought the Tazzy, and kept using the Tazzy, for one reason and one reason only, it's multitudes of port options make it easy for me to swap cans on the fly. Whenever I'm in the mood for one can is just pick it up where I put it last, Useful as I usually only turn it on when it became late, daytime is for the KEF to sing.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #5,751 of 5,761
I am using the Tazzy mainly as a dedicated DAC in my HT, so many sources benefit from the upmixing to DSD or DSEE. I am looking at getting a set of cans and of course the MDR Z1R are on my radar. If I have a budget of $500 max any other ones I should add to the audition list?

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #5,753 of 5,761
I am using the Tazzy mainly as a dedicated DAC in my HT, so many sources benefit from the upmixing to DSD or DSEE. I am looking at getting a set of cans and of course the MDR Z1R are on my radar. If I have a budget of $500 max any other ones I should add to the audition list?
If possible Z1R's, they're Tailor made for one another.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #5,754 of 5,761
MDR MV1

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #5,755 of 5,761
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #5,756 of 5,761
Personally it's the closest one to a Z1R without breaking the bank, it's a straight upgrade from 1AM2, and IMO way better than the original Z7. It's more comfortable, smaller and easier to find parts for than the Z1R/Z7 line too.
The caveat is packaging and included accessory is minimalist, as it's really a studio made cans, but you can easily find a 4.4 balanced cable for it as it's the same cable used for 1A series, both cheap and expensive ones are available.

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #5,757 of 5,761
Le Sony MDR-MV1 (câble kimber ou câble 4.4 de 1AM2) se marie très bien avec le Sony TA-ZH1ES, (mais aussi avec d'autres choix Sony, Shanling...).
C'est un très bon casque, qui m'a surpris par sa légèreté, son équilibre, la séparation et le placement des instruments, je peux l'écouter pendant des heures....

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #5,758 of 5,761
oups - english now !
The Sony MDR-MV1 (kimber cable or 4.4 1AM2 cable) goes very well with the Sony TA-ZH1ES, (but also with other choices Sony, Shanling...).
It's a very good headphone, which surprised me with its lightness, its balance, the separation and the placement of the instruments, I can listen to it for hours....

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #5,760 of 5,761
I am tempted to add the MV1 to the collection, but I figure might as well save up for a Sony signature line open back which surely will come out this decade. :)
... very difficult to say, for the moment nothing seen, perhaps we will have to wait for the next hi-fi shows?? nothing is certain, (I prefer to live day by day)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back