The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #2,853 of 5,761
Has anyone played with these settings ? *setting i guess.
Also apparently my update to 1.0.3 didn't work,doing it again now.Not sure if it affects sound quality or it's just that bug fixing mentioned in the patch notes.
1591898491372.png

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #2,854 of 5,761
Has anyone played with these settings ? *setting i guess
@morgenstern09 has. Didn't do much for him. He was trying to decrese the audio delay with his wm1a, as far as I remember.
After playing around with inputs it seems the pc doesn't recognize the dac anymore,when connected to it,both leds are on,any ideas?
Can you give more details?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #2,855 of 5,761
@morgenstern09 has. Didn't do much for him. He was trying to decrese the audio delay with his wm1a, as far as I remember.

Can you give more details?
Switched a bit between usb inputs and optical cable while playing music to do a/b tests.Seems to have bugged out not only the Tidal app,but also Windows.Tried restarting and etc but still won't detect the TA when connected via the igalvanic.I know a lot of reviewers had problems when testing since you need to set it up a certain way.Read about it but don't remember.Worked fine in the start though until windows/tidal bugged out.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #2,856 of 5,761
Switched a bit between usb inputs and optical cable while playing music to do a/b tests.Seems to have bugged out not only the Tidal app,but also Windows.Tried restarting and etc but still won't detect the TA when connected via the igalvanic.I know a lot of reviewers had problems when testing since you need to set it up a certain way.Read about it but don't remember.Worked fine in the start though until windows/tidal bugged out.
Does it detect it without the ifi?

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #2,858 of 5,761
yes but device manager keeps refreshing every second when i connect the Igalvanic ,like in only detects it for a split second
Sounds like the igalvanic is the one that got messed up.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,860 of 5,761
yes but device manager keeps refreshing every second when i connect the Igalvanic ,like in only detects it for a split second

I have tried iGalvanic with TA and it flat out does not work. Neither the iGalvanic or TA are malfunctioning but the combination is a no-go. I also don't expect iFi or Sony to figure out what the problem is.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,861 of 5,761
yeah,too much hassle,tried switching usb ports,restarting,unplugging,different ground connection settings,nothing worked.And there are a ton of other people that had problems.Too expensive for this kinda hassle.Comparing optical and usb today though...couldn't tell one apart from the other,and i tried testing a lot.Optical might have had an ever so slightly cleaner sound in some parts of some tracks (mostly with highs).but 99%+ identical,if not 100.
The igalvanic ,while it worked,did actually seem to change the sound a bit,very slightly warmer ,bass had a tiny bit less boom. But very marginal.Overall i noticed some of the same changes as i did with the mains filtering,only that was far more noticeable in all areas.This was like..3% vs 15% improvement or more with the isotek sirius and cable.I was curious how much of the changes would be retained if i removed the mains filter out of the equation but...no such luck.
The isotek stuff is the only worthwhile upgrade i can see that actually benefits the TA considerably.Returning the Igalvanic , and i would've returned the (not very cheap nor very expensive ) usb cable and gone straight for this 20 euro optical cable if i had thought to get it earlier.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #2,862 of 5,761
I have tried iGalvanic with TA and it flat out does not work. Neither the iGalvanic or TA are malfunctioning but the combination is a no-go. I also don't expect iFi or Sony to figure out what the problem is.
it worked for me for a few songs,was more of an improvement than the Jitterbug which i'm starting to doubt the effects of.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #2,863 of 5,761
For those connecting their Mac (or PC) computers to the TA via USB B, What're you using for software? I'm trying out Amarre Luxe, and really like it. Just wish it wasn't $100 though.
Audirvana has the best features and sound to me.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #2,864 of 5,761
it worked for me for a few songs,was more of an improvement than the Jitterbug which i'm starting to doubt the effects of.

Same experience for me - works sometimes, sometimes only hear static, sometimes won't even connect. I now use a Matrix Element H which a PCI-e card solution for audio and it works perfectly. For sure the TA USB input needs power because if I shut off USB power on my Element H, TA will not connect. I'm guessing the problem with iGalvanic has to do with power. Maybe adding an iDefender will resolve it, but that is more expense and complexity on a possible solution. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with iGalvanic until trying with the TA. All my DAPs, dongles, and numerous DACs I've had in the past worked fine with iGalvanic.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,865 of 5,761
For me it seems like the Igalvanic is the problem,since even when i connect the igalvanic alone to my pc (No TA) my windows goes crazy and device manager gets spammed with connections on and off every second.Adding the TA,it sometimes detects it for half a second ,then it's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back