The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 10, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #226 of 1,101
Damn it, this density and micro-sonic energies variation is already too good on Zx2, if they make it a further improvement, wow. That means 1A already sound much better than Zx2, and 1Z does it even better ? My ghost.....

This isn't possible and perhaps it's only a placebo affect?

With all that extra shine, and Maybe they got rid of the floor noise, but I can't believe it could get much better than the zx2 sound experience, and high end iem's combination (solar).

I'm already amazed by zx2. How can you make it even more amazing, really, are there levels of amazing in good audio, or I guess once you hear better, (and your brain perceives it as better) your old thoughts of amazing fly out the window. LOL

If the 1z is this good, I'm buying it. As soon as I win the lotto.

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #227 of 1,101
This isn't possible and perhaps it's only a placebo affect?

With all that extra shine, and Maybe they got rid of the floor noise, but I can't believe it could get much better than the zx2 sound experience, and high end iem's combination (solar).

I'm already amazed by zx2. How can you make it even more amazing, really, are there levels of amazing in good audio, or I guess once you hear better, (and your brain perceives it as better) your old thoughts of amazing fly out the window. LOL

If the 1z is this good, I'm buying it. As soon as I win the lotto.

I'm really quite interested in RMAA'ing these two.  For me though, it will be the MDR-Z1R that comes first.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #229 of 1,101
If it's anything like the ZX2 RMAA test results, then it will score really badly, but give you a great musical experience every time you use it. Which to me means we need a new testing procedure.

Interesting.  While I don't think I'll be ignoring the results, if it is indeed like the ZX2 I will definitely try to spend more time reconciling the poorer measurements with a perceived "good sound".  I'm curious to see how all the Sony circuitry and S-Master stuff does too.

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #237 of 1,101
Oh wow, really Sony?

Gold-plated Oxygen-Free Copper Chassis (Purity 99.96%)... what's it gonna do?

Sony
 The NW-WM1Z is fully encased in a high-grade gold-plated oxygen-free copper chassis. Widely used in instrument manufacturing, the copper lends the player its unique natural, acoustic sound. Its conductivity and raw strength reinforce the Walkman® with unrivalled audio performance

Riiiiight. Because a conductive chassis doesn't sound like a disaster waiting to happen... There's a reason why circuitry are mounted on standoffs/spacers. Nuh uh, not buying snake oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back