The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #10,261 of 11,341
I completely agree with you that the Z1R is not worth its asking prize but that goes with most headphones above 500-600 usd. Way too many headphones are overpriced including the Utopia in my opinion, but people are buying them anyway so I don't think we will see a price drop, probably more the opposite.

But I don't think you can find a closed-back headphone for less than 1000 usd with approximately the same signature and quality. If so please let me know :) The aeon do not have the Z1Rs bass and the warm natural tone as far as I know. I don't know any.
Given the quality of the workmanship, its components and its sound signature, I would say it's worth the asking price.
To me, its not just a pair of headphones, it exudes the care and dedication of the craftsman as I can see from the build quality. It's a piece of art by itself.

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #10,263 of 11,341
Does anyone recommend putting a conditioner of some sort to put under the headband mine is beggning to crack alot (probably from using it so much lol). I wonder if there is a way to preserve it.

Cracking? Dude you must be wearing them many hours a day (which is great). I'm still surprised it is cracking. Given the age I would actually try and see if you can get any type of warranty consideration from Sony. That seems to be way too early for any cracking. Is your home very dry?

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #10,264 of 11,341
20170612_190936.jpg

My homw actually pretty cold I live by the bay, mine just began cracking a bit in the middle I almost wonder if a leather solution would help with it

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #10,265 of 11,341

My homw actually pretty cold I live by the bay, mine just began cracking a bit in the middle I almost wonder if a leather solution would help with it
Come on.

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #10,271 of 11,341
Oh..

you must swet alot.

I'm not sure what material they use under headband.

if it is pleather. they not like humid condition and start to crack easily.
Oh..

you must swet alot.

I'm not sure what material they use under headband.

if it is pleather. they not like humid condition and start to crack easily.

Yeah i think it is pleather but who knows.

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #10,272 of 11,341
Yeah i think it is pleather but who knows.
Take it to a dry cleaner or a shoe maker and ask them. Then post your findings. Thanks.

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #10,273 of 11,341
These are the only headphones I've had that make me sweat each time I use them (after 45 minutes or so) no matter what the ambient temperature is, and I'm not much of a sweater to begin with. Rchandra, do you leave sweat on them after using them? I wipe the sweat off with a soft rag each time I use them and so far so good.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #10,275 of 11,341
These are the only headphones I've had that make me sweat each time I use them (after 45 minutes or so) no matter what the ambient temperature is, and I'm not much of a sweater to begin with. Rchandra, do you leave sweat on them after using them? I wipe the sweat off with a soft rag each time I use them and so far so good.

Yes the headband i do wipe down but keep in mind its sitting on your head and your head does sweat it doesnt effect much to be honest its just the cracks that it leaves behind thats bothersome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• domi
Back