The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!
Apr 30, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #1,233 of 1,278
Had the same issue with IE800 when one of the sides stopped working even though the cable was visibly fine and I handled them with extreme care for the duration of their lifetime. I sent them to Sennheiser for inspection and repair. Their reply was that they can't fix it. Instead they offered to buy a new pair from them at a discount.

IE800 sounds great but they are unreliable for such cost and can't be repaired due to how they are assembled if something happens after the warranty period expires. I'll refrain from further upgrades in this category with Sennheiser any time in the future.

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #1,237 of 1,278
@Sennheiser

I enjoyed watching this video but unfortunately was not able to catch it live. I liked the information on how the IE-800 / IE-800S semi-automated process differs from the automated IE-600 / IE-900 process.

As an IE-800 and IE-800S owner, I would have liked to ask... how outclassed are these pervious flagships by the new ones? You said the distortion is significantly improved, but I suppose often a lot of that is inaudible. What about it terms of tuning? What is the difference between the IE-800S and the new IE-600 or IE-900?

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #1,239 of 1,278
I bought the Labkable Silver Galaxy balanced cable for the Sennheiser IE 800S. It was specifically designed for the IE 800 / IE 800S. I liked it better than the original cables, both in sound and comfort. This is a great cable.

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #1,240 of 1,278
After some time with the IE800S, I started to feel that they had somewhat recessed highs compared to, say, a pair of HD580. They sound great, but it seemed like a bit of sparkle was missing. I found that replacing the original Comply Isolation Plus tips, which have the earwax guard, with a pair of regular Comply Isolation with no guard did the trick to unveil the highs enough to sound balanced across the entire range. Might be worth the experiment if anyone else feels that the bass can sometimes overwhelm the mids and highs.

Jan 19, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #1,242 of 1,278
I bought these foam tips from Comply. They're not the stock tips that come with the IE800 when new (you want the Isolation Plus if you want the stock tips with the earwax guard), but I found these to sound better in the midrange and treble. Not sure about rubber tips, as I have liked foam the best with my other IEMs.

Feb 19, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #1,244 of 1,278
Does anyone know if an IE-600 vs IE-800S frequency graph exists somewhere? Just curious to see the comparison. Thanks.

Believe Crinacle.com has them? Just look in the comparison tool.

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,245 of 1,278
Can anyone help me? I am looking for foam tips for my ie800s. Do you know which ones I can buy?
And also rubber/silicon tips?
Thanks
Spinfits should be able to click in as well, but I couldn't get them to sit in my ears properly. I also have a set of older narrow-bore Symbio tips, but they've been discontinued. I think the Symbio Wn with the insert should work, but I haven't confirmed.

They toned down the bass, filled out the midrange, and calmed down the treble... thereby stealing all the magic of the IE800S. Be careful what you wish for!!

I bought these foam tips from Comply. They're not the stock tips that come with the IE800 when new (you want the Isolation Plus if you want the stock tips with the earwax guard), but I found these to sound better in the midrange and treble. Not sure about rubber tips, as I have liked foam the best with my other IEMs.
I currently have a set of Comply TWS tips on mine, and love them. However, I am not sure precisely which TWS tips they were!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back