The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
Dec 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #646 of 666
  Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aww. Come on. Lets run together.
biggrin.gif

x3. and let's not forget the best...
The SA-5000: Quote:

Super wide frequency range (6-110kHz reproduction)

I hear they are very popular with bats.

LOL XD hahahahahahahaha

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #649 of 666
The JVC HA-S400 are the most overrated headphone I've ever experienced. They are just barely worth their asking price and one can do so much better for less money (Koss Portapro/Sportapro/KSC75, JVC FX67, Sennheiser PX100 etc.)

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #650 of 666
Imo Beyerdynamic 880/990

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #652 of 666
I'd say Sennheiser are the most broadly overrated headphones, especially in the audiophile community. I liken the brand to Ducati in a way, they have been very effective at a building a brand name targeted at a specific group of people, but I think people generally exaggerated and overrate pretty much all their products.

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #653 of 666
i dont know about headphones, but eddie current, ray samuels and cavalli audio are overrated 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #654 of 666
ATH-M50 still, MrSpeakers, HE400 recently.

M50 and MrSpeakers are good but not very good, and HE400 is very good but not excellent.

Dec 10, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #655 of 666
All Monster Beats.
Horrible rough and unnatural sound.
Massive and annoying advertisement all over the f*king world.
The company just brainwashing young people's minds...

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #657 of 666
For me the Beyerdynamic T50p and the DT880. The DT880 is good but I always wonder that I hardly want to listen to them...the T50p was disappointing throughout, whatever amp I threw at it and how long I burned them in, it always left me wanting. Should have gone for the 1350 instead I guess. Anyhow for the money I paid these were the most disappointing, sold the t50p still kept the DT880

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #658 of 666
For me the Beyerdynamic T50p and ....

What do you think about its successors, Beyerdynamic BT 1350?
They are almost shines for me: jazz, electronical, light rock and classical performs great and VERY detailed.
Though, not too suitable for heavy genres... dry sounding... bass isn't strong and not too consolidated.
From the other side, being EQalised, the basses become quite decent (4+/5).
So, I want to hear - whether they differs a lot from "first version" - T50p, or not?

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #659 of 666
Have not heard the DT1350 but from everything I heard they are much much better than the T50p. It's almost as they used the Shortcomings and made everything better. Especially the clarity and bass. So the DT1350 I probably would have liked. There is also just the new T51p released. If I can find it somewhere I will give it a listen.

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #660 of 666
I guess that has a lot to do with Marketing.Sennheiser probably spend millions on Marketing, but most of their "cheap" ranges are made in China. German brand Teufel also produces his headphones in China, but they are truly fab in Price/ Quality Balance. Their Titan in ears for example, come at 100 Euro, but other more "famous" brands would ask the double and more for this product, and reviewers seem to be very influenced by the pricetag,thinking that more exoensive is better.I would advice to Review a headphone/ in ear only on it´s Sound merits rather that it´s pricetag. Why? simply because and EU / US made product is not better than an Asian produced product. This said , brings us to the question why Grado n ears are outragious priced  as the are produced in China and Japan. In Japan the labour Standards might be the same or even better than in the West and workers get decent payment. This could be one explaination, but material wise the Grado GR 8 and 10 are just in plastic, and if you see what Ultrasone Pyco and Yamaha EPH-100 (same Technology) deliver at a lower pricetag than you can see the that labour circumstances don´t explain everything. The "Made in China" Grado´s come at a pricetag of 89 Euro for what Looks like a 10 Euro in ear. Most China produced in ears of big names are better and cheaper, and come in Aluminium, and even Wood.
The exellent JVC (made in Japan) HA-FX 1000 come in Wood and alu, funny enough they have the Trademarks of the upper Grado´s and did come also less expensive than the grado GR8 . I wonder why Grado didn´t think of themselves to build their typical Trademarks in an ear concept? There is nothing wrong with building in plastic as they do with the SR phones, wixh Comes at a very good Price even in Europe, but for the GR 8 , 299 Euro are simply to much, at half the Price, I might give them a Chance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back