The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2,761 of 3,640
Mine works just fine and has for a while now.  I also have the extension cable at is is very good, too.

Only comment I have ever seen on it was that it was too thick and stiff for protable use for some individuals taste.  I have had no issues in that respect.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #2,762 of 3,640
They're is nothing ''junkie'' about the Grado adapter, i use mine everyday as an extension since i'm short a few inches to get from the amp to my listening chair, and just in case you're wondering, no, i can't move the chair a few inches.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #2,763 of 3,640
I've used the Grado adapter for a few years now when I've needed one and it works perfectly fine and doesn't put as much pressure on the jack as the solid one piece adapters. I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your music!

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #2,764 of 3,640
I don't remember where I read it, but someone made a comment about the Grado adapters not being good. I was surprised because they look pretty nice. Maybe their problem was like you said about them being stiff.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #2,765 of 3,640
Quote:
I don't remember where I read it, but someone made a comment about the Grado adapters not being good. I was surprised because they look pretty nice. Maybe their problem was like you said about them being stiff.

It might just be because it says Grado on it, some peoples really love to hate on Grado. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #2,766 of 3,640
I mean as with all Grado cabling it is really heavy cable. But the quality is outstanding. I question any claims of sound quality improvement over other, decent adapters but it is nice to use a Grado adapter with Grado headphones...

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #2,767 of 3,640
Quote:
... but it is nice to use a Grado adapter with Grado headphones...

Exactly - it looks more like it belongs there. I ordered one off B&H.

So far loving the new sound. The difference in clarity in the mids and mid-highs is amazing.
Going back to the SR80s, the 80s have a warmer sound with more mid-bass. The 325is have a deeper, cleaner bass and crystal clear upper range. I think that's my word for the 325is - clean. No issues with highs being "harsh" as I have often read. I'm finding nothing but exceptional, clean detail. Curious to see how the sound develops as they break in.

Something I haven't seen mentioned much in reviews is the difference in how the 325s feel compared to the 60/80s. The extra weight and leather headband gives them a much greater feel of quality in your hands and on your head. I tried the L-Cush pads on my SR80s and didn't care for them much, but on the heavier SR325is, they feel great.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #2,768 of 3,640
I just received my first ever amp/DAC, Fiio Andes and I am just amazed how the sound got better, no harsh highs, bass part got more body, just the thing I wanted to have completely. Wonder what some expensive amp would do to them..

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,769 of 3,640
I'm sure an expensive amp will be nice, but I'm using a relatively inexpensive FiiO E7 and it does a very nice job driving these. I've read some comments about the 325is responding well to tube amps/preamps.

Even coming straight off my phone or computer headphone jack, I don't find the 325is to have harsh highs. Apparently this depends entirely on your source equipment. These are very revealing headphones. If you're putting out harsh highs these phones aren't going to "fix" them. I've noticed artifacts in some of my compressed MP3/WMA files that I had previous thought were done at a high enough bitrate to eliminate.

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,770 of 3,640
I haven't seen any comments on how the 325is sound with the Schiit Valhalla but mine should be arriving today so I'll plug the 325is in and let you guys know what I think.  

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,771 of 3,640
Quote:
I'm sure an expensive amp will be nice, but I'm using a relatively inexpensive FiiO E7 and it does a very nice job driving these. I've read some comments about the 325is responding well to tube amps/preamps.

Even coming straight off my phone or computer headphone jack, I don't find the 325is to have harsh highs. Apparently this depends entirely on your source equipment. These are very revealing headphones. If you're putting out harsh highs these phones aren't going to "fix" them. I've noticed artifacts in some of my compressed MP3/WMA files that I had previous thought were done at a high enough bitrate to eliminate.

yes you are right about equipment. it's just when i listened some smooth music like bill withers they sounded really nice but when i have put some stuff like some Albini's noise they just didn't deliver sound i wanted. i mean, i could hear much more than on any headphone i tried, but it wasn't until i bought fiio e07k and switched to foobar with WASAPI that they sounded much, much better. no more harsh highs... and more pronounced bass.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #2,772 of 3,640
Quote:
I haven't seen any comments on how the 325is sound with the Schiit Valhalla but mine should be arriving today so I'll plug the 325is in and let you guys know what I think.  

I would be very interested in how this combo sounds. I have the 225's (not 325) but I am seriously considering this very same amp and I am pretty sure  that if it sounds good with the 325's it will sound good with the 225's too.

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2,773 of 3,640
Quote:
I would be very interested in how this combo sounds. I have the 225's (not 325) but I am seriously considering this very same amp and I am pretty sure  that if it sounds good with the 325's it will sound good with the 225's too.

I actually remember reading a review of the Valhalla that noted it was a sweet combo with the 225's. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #2,774 of 3,640
Just got my Grado 325 cans a week ago, and they simply destroy my Shure SRH440. The only complaint I have is that I didn't by the Grado cans sooner! I listen heavily to classic rock, heavy metal, and some classical. It all sounds great! I guess some people just hate greatness.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #2,775 of 3,640
Quote:
Just got my Grado 325 cans a week ago, and they simply destroy my Shure SRH440. The only complaint I have is that I didn't by the Grado cans sooner! I listen heavily to classic rock, heavy metal, and some classical. It all sounds great! I guess some people just hate greatness.

Yeah...Grado's and classic rock is epic!

Enjoy your new cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back