The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2,611 of 3,640
Quote:
 Just received my first pair of Grado brand cans! Got them on ebay for $220. They were gently used. Serial #2364. No box though.

I believe these have the truest sound of all the cans I own. Ultrasone Pro750; Ultrasone 2900(currently being repaired); Sony MDR-1; and Audio-Technica AD900's(bought from another Head-fier).

The soundstage is a bit lacking but they're definitely not colored in any way. I really dig this sound! 
I believe as I use each of my cans I will be able to figure out which pair sounds best for each genre of music I own. I think so far that these will be really good for rock and prog rock. I found that the female vocals are a bit recessed for my taste. Male vocals sound perfect though. Guitars really crunch! Nice bass also...again true not colored.

I'm not sure how many hours burn in they have had so not sure if the sound will change much. So far so good!

Congrats! I wouldn't worry so much about burn in for these. According to Grado, it doesn't need much time nor effort for the sound to settle so just enjoy.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #2,612 of 3,640
Quote:
Congrats! I wouldn't worry so much about burn in for these. According to Grado, it doesn't need much time nor effort for the sound to settle so just enjoy.

I wish this were true but in reality there is a decent amount of burn-in for the entire Grado line.  I have most of them and I found this to be true, especially on the RS-1i and 325is.

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #2,613 of 3,640
I just got my Grado's 325is and I'm truly happy. They sound amazing. I'm still burning them in, but so far so good. 
These are my first Grado :D. (I'm sure it won't be the last one)

I'm still debating wether to get an amp or not. If so, what kind of tube would you guys recommend? I mainly listen to TripHop, and Rock. 

Check my last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/vfxnirvana

Thank you all

SN: 13310

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #2,614 of 3,640
Quote:
I just got my Grado's 325is and I'm truly happy. They sound amazing. I'm still burning them in, but so far so good. 
These are my first Grado :D. (I'm sure it won't be the last one)

I'm still debating wether to get an amp or not. If so, what kind of tube would you guys recommend? I mainly listen to TripHop, and Rock. 

Check my last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/vfxnirvana

Thank you all

SN: 13310

I always thought that a powerful solid state was the best with SR325i. The L3 or the ALO RXMKIII would probably sound great with these. I had the ols Lisa III and it was a great match with 325i.

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #2,617 of 3,640
just got a pair of hifiman he 500s after reading all the great reviews, but i'm not that impressed. my 325s sound better in a lot of ways. mids are silky, but the upper mids, and  highs are not as defined as the grados which were my first set of real cans. i see what people mean by the "grado sound" don't think they are worth $700. they weigh a ton. can't even feel the grados after having these on for a while. their most likely going back.

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2,619 of 3,640
I recently posted a question regarding variances in the stock ear cushions / ear pads that come with the 325is but I didn't receive any responses, so I'm posting the link to my post here, in the hopes that some of you would be willing to will read it and get back to me with your thoughts. 

In a nutshell, I've found that some come with ear pads that are slightly narrower and softer in the middle, meaning they "squish" easier; other sets come with pads that are slightly but noticeably darker, larger/wider and firmer. I'm not sure if one is "new and improved" or preferred over the other and would really appreciate some feedback.

Here's a link to my post, including pictures, etc.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637314/grado-sr325i-ear-pad-cushion-variations

MANY thanks,

John

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #2,620 of 3,640
I want in :) I am now the proud owner of a brand new 325is serial number 13512.  I have a question, my set did not come with the usual Grado limited warranty letter -- box was sealed.  Has anybody experienced this?

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #2,621 of 3,640
Quote:
I want in :) I am now the proud owner of a brand new 325is serial number 13512.  I have a question, my set did not come with the usual Grado limited warranty letter -- box was sealed.  Has anybody experienced this?

Did you order from an authorized reseller? Regardless, I'd imagine they would all have the letter included (which also includes some 'burn-in' and safe listening recommendations).

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #2,622 of 3,640
Yes, I got them from Crutchfield.  Sloppy boxing probably? But they are great so far -- I have a 225i and out of the box these have much more bass and treble. I can use my EQs to make it sound close to the 225i but I can increase both bass and treble up to where the 225 can't go.  Now I'm confused about how they should sound because they respond so well to my settings.  The bass is particularly powerful and I am amazed at how low tones can get without distorting -- you even get a sense of vibration  like you were in a room with a good subwoofer.

Anyway about the missing sheet -- anybody ever had this and will it affect getting service under warranty?

Thanks.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #2,623 of 3,640
soon il be an official  owner of 325 grado cups lol...need to decide if i should use them with my sr225i or sr60i.
Wish i could afford a pair of sr325s...although the new chrome look is rather ugly

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #2,624 of 3,640
Why not sell the 225i, part out and sell the 60 then take the money you'll be using for cups.  Add everything up and you'll have some amount close to purchasing a 325i?  You could even get them on credit -- you'll end up with 325i cups with everything else you need :)  I don't think you'll be using the other two once  the 325 arrives anyway :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #2,625 of 3,640
Generally speaking, the seller's receipt is what's important to have and keep in the event of needing warranty-covered repair work done. Also, I'm certain a quick call or E-mail to Grado will set things right in terms of receiving that info sheet.

(Just broke out my stepladder to pull the box that my 325is cans came in off a shelf, since I couldn't recall if mine came with that info sheet included; they did.)

Enjoy those Grados, and welcome to the "club."

- Barrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back