The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jul 29, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #2,386 of 3,640
Hi Rasmushorn,

Sorry I didn't reply right away, been away from head-fi for a while. I'm running the SR-325is off a PC with a Xonar D2 in it through a Fiio e5 that I already had. Just got paid and actually just waiting on my Little Dot I+  to turn up from the Far East. Definitely in the process of making the steps in the chain live up to the headphones!

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #2,387 of 3,640
Just got my 325i's on Monday, have nothing but praise for them. My M50's which I upgraded from are already sold!

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #2,388 of 3,640

Quote:

Have to admit that if I awoke and found the house on fire, given a short period of time to only grab one headphone -

It would be my Grado 325i's.

is that because you could use their hose pipe cable to help put out the fire?

(i really really hate the cable on these)

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #2,392 of 3,640

Quote:
is that because you could use their hose pipe cable to help put out the fire?

(i really really hate the cable on these)

Haha, the cable is a tad ridiculous on them. At least no one can complain and say that they skimped on a heavy duty cable.

It does raise a question though on whether the 325i by virtue of the heavy cable places undue stress on the connecting solder
joints in comparison to the SR80i for example?

I run my amp below the PC desk and I am always conscious of the cable's weight.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #2,393 of 3,640
Bought from Jayehs, #3019

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #2,394 of 3,640

Quote:
Haha, the cable is a tad ridiculous on them. At least no one can complain and say that they skimped on a heavy duty cable.

It does raise a question though on whether the 325i by virtue of the heavy cable places undue stress on the connecting solder
joints in comparison to the SR80i for example?

I run my amp below the PC desk and I am always conscious of the cable's weight.

no, removing the cups reveals that there are 'strain" reliefs built in (a small knot is tied preventing full stress on the solder pts)

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #2,395 of 3,640

Quote:
no, removing the cups reveals that there are 'strain" reliefs built in (a small knot is tied preventing full stress on the solder pts)

Thanks Buffalowings, I can now listen with peace of mind. Never fancied having to send them back to Grado from Australia in the future.

This makes me wonder about another thread on here where some guy from Denver found himself recabling his 325i's
every year under daily use. Re-cabled by Grado twice and now he's looking at getting them done a third time.
confused_face%281%29.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #2,396 of 3,640
I posted this on the main forum but it seems to follow well on this post: 
I just purchased Grado 325is (love the AKG701 and think the ATHAD700s are great for the price).  But wanted to see what the Grado buzz is all about.  Thinking that I need to get an amp, both for the AKG and for the Grado to really let them sing.  I've read about Dot, and Nuforce as being good choices.  Will mainly run out of an IPHONE and a Dell computer.  Would prefer portable for outdoor listening.  Anyone care to share their impressions?
many thanks,

Aug 25, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #2,397 of 3,640
Hi! I am from Costa Rica!! and i will get the Grado 325is soon! on December!!
I am really excited for that because they are going to be my first real cans! (I had Skullcandy before, they just lasted 1 month) 
I am going to get them with the G-CUSH, i like how big headphones look.
I am probably going to be the only person in Costa Rica with a Grado SR325is hahaha
I know that they don't come with the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, can you recommend me and adapter please???

Bye!

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #2,398 of 3,640

Quote:
Hi! I am from Costa Rica!! and i will get the Grado 325is soon! on December!!
I am really excited for that because they are going to be my first real cans! (I had Skullcandy before, they just lasted 1 month) 
I am going to get them with the G-CUSH, i like how big headphones look.
I am probably going to be the only person in Costa Rica with a Grado SR325is hahaha
I know that they don't come with the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, can you recommend me and adapter please???

Bye!

December?? That is a loong wait - But since it is the SR325is it is definitely worth the long wait 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #2,399 of 3,640
Goldies 2477.... almost 2 years with them. Still running strong and sounds amazing... Want to try the Sr325is but I don't want to sell the goldies, just love them too much 
beyersmile.png

Current Desktop Rig

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #2,400 of 3,640

Quote:
Goldies 2477.... almost 2 years with them. Still running strong and sounds amazing... Want to try the Sr325is but I don't want to sell the goldies, just love them too much 
beyersmile.png

Current Desktop Rig

Very nice eclipes, the Goldies are destined for vintage status I'd say given the time..

Can I ask what are those black rings around the gold cups?

Nice headband slider mod too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back