The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jan 28, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2,236 of 3,640
Jan 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #2,237 of 3,640
Yeah, I'd send them back and demand the proper termination.  Again, probably not that big a deal, but if they originally came with 1/4 then they should replace it with a 1/4. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #2,238 of 3,640

Quote:
Yeah, I'd send them back and demand the proper termination.  Again, probably not that big a deal, but if they originally came with 1/4 then they should replace it with a 1/4. 

well, it saves you the cost of the grado branded adapter...is the cable the same thickness as the original or did they replace it with a sr60/80i cable? not a firm believer in cables, but if you can get a possibly better cable for free, why not

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2,239 of 3,640
The Grado 1/4 to 1/8 flex adapter is nice little investment.  I absolutely love mine as it really allows for much more flexibility when plugged into my bedside player or portable source.  I also have the same 1/8 to 1/4 adapter plug shown in the pic with the goldies for my SR60.  It seems to be a nice little adapter and there's no noticeable loss of SQ.  At least not to my non-audiophile ears. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2,240 of 3,640
The cable is a little less thick. I have no complaints about this, it is actually a little more flexible and comfortable then the original. I remember a thread about a guy who had the same thing done somewhere on this board. So maybe it is a new thing Grado is doing on older models that are sent in for repair. I do not notice any change in sound quality, and am pleased with the repair.

Just posted it as reference for some reason or another
tongue_smile.gif

@ BluFalcon - Yes the little adapter is pretty neat. Nicest adapter I have ever used.

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #2,242 of 3,640
Hi everyone... don't know if this is the correct forum for this question... but here it goes...
I'm looking for a dedicated amplifier for my 325is, yes... brushed aluminum finish  :wink:
I use it mostly with a Cambridge Audio CD player and my DIY media-center, both connected to an Onkyo 607 AV Receiver.
Thinking about getting a tube amplifier, of course nothing ridiculously pricey, anyone has a suggestion? Would appreciate your inputs...
Thanks
dt880smile.png

Feb 4, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #2,243 of 3,640
Hi, my first posting.  Just acquired a pair of 325is phones serial # 6267, came in the latest chrome, look superb!  I sent an email to grado, yesterday regarding the chrome finish and for them to confirm that these were the very latest model, and they quickly replied, and thought i would share there take, on as to why they went with chrome.  The reply went .............. 
"Hi Ronnie, you have the current production issue Sr325is, we decided on the chrome anodizing, as it was more consistent, more durable, and added mass to the enclosure, which reduces resonance's.  We think a better product" 
I am sure that will spark a few differences of opinion, but that was their words.   Personally i have been listening to sennheiser 600's for the past 9 years, which i love, and my first impressions of the grado's was "WOW" that is bright and clear.  These are going to take some getting used to, especially that middle clarity, but i cant fault the quality, it is great to have 2 such superb sounding headphones, which such a different sound.  My first listening was some Beatles oldies, Paul's voice never sounded so clear, my next listening is going to be the whole back catalogue of Electric Light Orchestra, i cant wait to hear that beautiful production by Jeff Lynne, in such clarity,  ...........oh boy!

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2,244 of 3,640

Quote:
Hi, my first posting.  Just acquired a pair of 325is phones serial # 6267, came in the latest chrome, look superb!  I sent an email to grado, yesterday regarding the chrome finish and for them to confirm that these were the very latest model, and they quickly replied, and thought i would share there take, on as to why they went with chrome.  The reply went .............. 
"Hi Ronnie, you have the current production issue Sr325is, we decided on the chrome anodizing, as it was more consistent, more durable, and added mass to the enclosure, which reduces resonance's.  We think a better product" 
I am sure that will spark a few differences of opinion, but that was their words.   Personally i have been listening to sennheiser 600's for the past 9 years, which i love, and my first impressions of the grado's was "WOW" that is bright and clear.  These are going to take some getting used to, especially that middle clarity, but i cant fault the quality, it is great to have 2 such superb sounding headphones, which such a different sound.  My first listening was some Beatles oldies, Paul's voice never sounded so clear, my next listening is going to be the whole back catalogue of Electric Light Orchestra, i cant wait to hear that beautiful production by Jeff Lynne, in such clarity,  ...........oh boy!

Welcome, friend.  You've clearly been enlightened.  :wink:

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #2,245 of 3,640

Quote:
Hi everyone... don't know if this is the correct forum for this question... but here it goes...
I'm looking for a dedicated amplifier for my 325is, yes... brushed aluminum finish  :wink:
I use it mostly with a Cambridge Audio CD player and my DIY media-center, both connected to an Onkyo 607 AV Receiver.
Thinking about getting a tube amplifier, of course nothing ridiculously pricey, anyone has a suggestion? Would appreciate your inputs...
Thanks
dt880smile.png

What's rediculously pricey?  After reading so much on so many threads on here about how great the MAD EAR+ HD was with grado's I bought one - personally I thought it was rediculously priced for me but I fixed on it anyway - still dont have it but everyone says its the best combination ever.  The cheapest option is probably the little dot III.

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2,247 of 3,640

Quote:
Proud new owner of 325is (chrome, I like!), serial #5816.  Now to find the time to do some listening with the RSA SR71A/325is com

Please let me know how this matchup goes.  I have the SR71A and my 325is are on the way!

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #2,248 of 3,640
# 6541 reporting for duty.  Just got them yesterday and am loving them right out of the box.  I expected them to be uncomfortable based on all the comments...but they are not uncomfortable at all.  They actually fit perfectly and I dont feel any excess pressure on my ears.  Very nice.  I look forward to settling in with these hooked up to my SR-71A set to medium gain.  I'm also looking forward to seeing how they compare to my HD-580.  Right off the bat, they have much more detail.  Nice to be a part of this exclusive club.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2,249 of 3,640

Quote:
# 6541 reporting for duty.  Just got them yesterday and am loving them right out of the box.  I expected them to be uncomfortable based on all the comments...but they are not uncomfortable at all.  They actually fit perfectly and I dont feel any excess pressure on my ears.  Very nice.  I look forward to settling in with these hooked up to my SR-71A set to medium gain.  I'm also looking forward to seeing how they compare to my HD-580.  Right off the bat, they have much more detail.  Nice to be a part of this exclusive club.

Sir, what have now are not headphones.  What you have there is a real treasure.  Welcome to the club and happy listening. 
o2smile.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #2,250 of 3,640
thanks for the warm welcome!  I'm super excited and feel privileged to own this treasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back