The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #2,071 of 3,640
Yeah, I saw your post on your other thread.  I think the good result might be caused by getting the driver even farther away from your ears.  Who did the woodie mod?

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #2,073 of 3,640
Big Yawn ..(wakes up from a 16 month hibernation)   .. time for a members club update this weekend me thinks ! 
o2smile.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #2,075 of 3,640

Quote:
Big Yawn ..(wakes up from a 16 month hibernation)   .. time for a members club update this weekend me thinks ! 
o2smile.gif

Great news! Welcome back. I thought the owners club was gone to sleep for good.... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #2,076 of 3,640
I know it's not cool to care about these things, but did anyone else notice that HeadRoom quietly upgraded the SR325is to four and half stars? It's nice to see they no longer view it as the stepchild of the Grado line. Sorry if there's already been a post about this.

Dec 5, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #2,077 of 3,640

Quote:
I know it's not cool to care about these things, but did anyone else notice that HeadRoom quietly upgraded the SR325is to four and half stars? It's nice to see they no longer view it as the stepchild of the Grado line. Sorry if there's already been a post about this.

And a well deserved 4.5 stars if you ask me.  They seem to just keep getting better the more I listen to them.  And they're not even "properly amped" yet. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #2,079 of 3,640

Quote:
Amping solutions with a laptop?  Nuforce uDAC2  vs Litttledot 1+?

One thing I have noticed is that the Nuforce uDAC has outstanding synergy with my SR325i. 
The resolution is extremely high and the sound very punchy. I really like that combination. I do not know the Littledot 1+ though...

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #2,080 of 3,640

Quote:

If you get either/both, I sure would be interested in your impressions.  Maybe it's just the amp/dac I got (FiiO E7/E9), but I don't notice much of a difference.  Slightly clearer, a little more punch across the freq range, but I could of lived with the sound out of my laptop headphone jack, at least for music and an extra $199 in my pocket.  Most notable improvement has been that Dolby encoded movies no longer clip on loud noises.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #2,081 of 3,640

Quote:
Quote:

If you get either/both, I sure would be interested in your impressions.  Maybe it's just the amp/dac I got (FiiO E7/E9), but I don't notice much of a difference.  Slightly clearer, a little more punch across the freq range, but I could of lived with the sound out of my laptop headphone jack, at least for music and an extra $199 in my pocket.  Most notable improvement has been that Dolby encoded movies no longer clip on loud noises.

Hmm, that's discouraging :p

All I really want to do is tame the highs a little and pump the volume more.  I think it sounds great out of the laptop, it's just a little quiet heh

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #2,082 of 3,640

Quote:
DivergeUnify said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif [EDIT]

All I really want to do is tame the highs a little and pump the volume more

FiiO will do the volume pump no problem, but not tame the highs.  Come on, bite the bullet on the your combo and let's compare and/or swap.
wink_face.gif
  The Littledot's gotta do some tubey things to the Grado, probably, hopefully, i dunno?  Also, my ears could be a bit defective.

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #2,084 of 3,640

Quote:
Quote:

One thing I have noticed is that the Nuforce uDAC has outstanding synergy with my SR325i. 
The resolution is extremely high and the sound very punchy. I really like that combination. I do not know the Littledot 1+ though...

Hmm this is the first really positive post of a amp/DAC that's solid state with the 325i.  I heard tube amps are great with Grado cans.  

In the coming weeks I'll bite the bullet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back