The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Sep 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #766 of 3,640
So, I just purchased these, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something.

I really like the headphones, I love the way they sound, but they feel super uncomfortable to me. Is there anything I can do? I know of people changing the foam, but I'm really not sure what I should switch to.

If anybody has input or recommendations they would be more than welcome.

Oh, also, Serial number is #8026. Highest so far, I think?

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #767 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobsterkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I just purchased these, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something.

I really like the headphones, I love the way they sound, but they feel super uncomfortable to me. Is there anything I can do? I know of people changing the foam, but I'm really not sure what I should switch to.

If anybody has input or recommendations they would be more than welcome.

Oh, also, Serial number is #8026. Highest so far, I think?

Wash your pads and gently stretch out the headband a bit. They hurt my ears when I first got them too.
smily_headphones1.gif
No pain, no gain.
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #768 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wash your pads and gently stretch out the headband a bit. They hurt my ears when I first got them too.
smily_headphones1.gif
No pain, no gain.
wink.gif

Wash them, no kidding? I'll give that a shot I guess, riiiiight after this album finishes (I've been saying that for a while now.
o2smile.gif
). Should I let them soak, use soap, hot or cold water,...anything important like that?

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #771 of 3,640
Hmm, glad to hear the d2 boa isn't so bad. It was really the best looking thing in my price range, I should hopefully be getting it today.

There is one problem with the 325i so far, the cables!

Holy crap- these cables seem to get bend stress marks whenever you store the headphones.

Is this going to damage anything, or should I just get used to it as one of the "Grado Quirks" you get when buying something from a small company? I don't know how much a recable job would cost, but I don't think it'll be worth it for me honestly unless it'll seriously extend the life of the headphones.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #773 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by walrusmonger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, glad to hear the d2 boa isn't so bad. It was really the best looking thing in my price range, I should hopefully be getting it today.

There is one problem with the 325i so far, the cables!

Holy crap- these cables seem to get bend stress marks whenever you store the headphones.

Is this going to damage anything, or should I just get used to it as one of the "Grado Quirks" you get when buying something from a small company? I don't know how much a recable job would cost, but I don't think it'll be worth it for me honestly unless it'll seriously extend the life of the headphones.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

If you're folding the cables, or letting the earcups spin, then yes, it's a Grado quirk. I store mine placed on my "headphone stand" (bed headboard, as it's the right height, thickness and distance from my computer/amp), with the cord draping naturally and never had that sort of problem.

Sep 20, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #774 of 3,640
I just wanted to come back to this thread and let you guys know washing the foam worked great. Still a little uncomfortable but way more tolerable, I'm sure I can get used to this despite having sensitive ears.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #775 of 3,640
I don't think I've ever posted in this thread. I've got a pair of 325i as well, although I've got to admit that I really don't listen to them all that often.

My pair is gold, so it's quite heavy! I know what you're thinking: they're all gold, right? No, I'm not kidding! Mine are made of real, solid 24 karat gold! I kid you not.

Ok, so maybe I was kidding.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #777 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pair is gold, so it's quite heavy! I know what you're thinking: they're all gold, right? No, I'm not kidding! Mine are made of real, solid 24 karat gold! I kid you not.

might be a little too heavy
ph34r.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #778 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a pair of 325i as well, although I've got to admit that I really don't listen to them all that often.

Want to sell them to me then?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to get on the band wagon.

Sep 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #779 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobsterkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to come back to this thread and let you guys know washing the foam worked great. Still a little uncomfortable but way more tolerable, I'm sure I can get used to this despite having sensitive ears.

Good to hear! As well, as you wear them the headband will naturally reform to fit your head, becoming much more comfy over time. I can wear mine for hours.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #780 of 3,640
Did I mention I use my balanced SR-325i more than my single ended RS-1 lately? They're not as rich and full, but the attack and speed and response is great. And sound-stage is pretty wide listening balanced through my Single Power Square Wave XL 2008 model with Blackgates upgrade (sounds just like a Melos SHA Gold with Grados and HD600).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back