The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jul 3, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #3,526 of 3,640
I've owned a pair for nearly ten years now and they sound as amazing as ever... though the older I get the more intolerable I am with the comfort factor. There I said it. They are uncomfortable. I'm constantly having to adjust the slippage of the height adjustment, the weight of the band isn't really heavy just irritating after 30 minutes (makes my head itch), and the thick wires (that don't twist well) come out of both cups are always in the way when I am writing. I think I'm beginning to understand why so many people customize them. The sound is great though.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #3,527 of 3,640
I must be one of the lucky few. Not only do I absolutely love the sound (through a Burson Conductor SL 1793), I have no problem with comfort. I can happily listen for hours with no discomfort at all.

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #3,529 of 3,640
well,
from all HiFi component, headphones are more subjectiv. When I tested Senn HD650, my reson to give up of them is that they are (please, don't laugh) small for me (better to say, my head).
They build from metal which is not flexibile. 

When I bought 325, in first time I have problem that headphones driver pressed my ear. In short time, I bought G cush. There are changed sound to betther, more musicaly (my opinion).
With that coush, I no have any problem to "wear" then min 5 hour per day, almost every day

but (again must to say, my opinion), problem with Grado is not conform, problem is with quality
on my former Grado (80) on one driver has been fallen down, may friend have 125 and their driver suddenly stoped wih work (they have interruption in one driver. On my 325, litlle metal stick turn out from plastic (semi) ring that hold driver. On both side!!!!

after all, don't judge headphones on their conform, because, every man (or woman :)) have diferent ear, head, or something third. 
I love Grado very much. My plan is to by one of wooden. But, I must to say, after sound, big job is to create a good quality and Grado company must to change od that field

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #3,530 of 3,640
Just got a Grado SR325is from someone that had them since 2011. Fabulous number 1119. They sound incredible, got a nice cable to 3.5mm and am waiting for G-cush and S-cush. Probably I will also get a new set of L-cush at some point since these are quite used. 
smily_headphones1.gif

This is also my first post on Head-Fi 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #3,531 of 3,640
  Just got a Grado SR325is from someone that had them since 2011. Fabulous number 1119. They sound incredible, got a nice cable to 3.5mm and am waiting for G-cush and S-cush. Probably I will also get a new set of L-cush at some point since these are quite used. 
smily_headphones1.gif

This is also my first post on Head-Fi 
bigsmile_face.gif

Welcome and congratulations!  I've had mine about that long and I still enjoy them a lot.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #3,532 of 3,640
I briefly had a gold anniversary 325i, but the silver 325iS sounded better, so I sold it. I'm in the process of selling my 325iS also - I find that the uncomfortable weight of the headphones defeats its purpose to me.

I mostly use my MS-1000 (for listening to my MacBook), my Stax (for listening to CDs) and my ZennJazzGrado (for listening to my iPad). All the others are either sold or for sale.

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #3,533 of 3,640
I have my 325 for years now. It is the first version of these cans, meaning no i and no s after 325. But still they sound really good. In order to get better sound I will have to go for Senn HD800 and likes, which cost several times more. Even when I do it I will never give my 325 away. They are simply one of those rare timeless products that will remain remembered in the history of HiFi.

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #3,534 of 3,640
  I have my 325 for years now. It is the first version of these cans, meaning no i and no s after 325. But still they sound really good. In order to get better sound I will have to go for Senn HD800 and likes, which cost several times more. Even when I do it I will never give my 325 away. They are simply one of those rare timeless products that will remain remembered in the history of HiFi.

I couldn't sell the HD800 quick enough

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #3,535 of 3,640
I heard Senn HD800 in several occasions and I think these are very good cans. Probably you had an issue with pairing between the cans and headphone amp ... or maybe you simply do not like the sound of them.

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #3,536 of 3,640
  I heard Senn HD800 in several occasions and I think these are very good cans. Probably you had an issue with pairing between the cans and headphone amp ... or maybe you simply do not like the sound of them.

Nah, I used them with the woo wa7, they were just too bright in the treble, quite bass light too. Just not worth the money for me.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,537 of 3,640
I'm sorry, but I have to leave the 325 owners club.

I sold my 325iS for 325 euro to someone who came from listening to Urbanears. My 325iS is his first outing into audiophile country, so he's off to a good start!.

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #3,539 of 3,640
  That's definitely a good price to sell your 325is. 

New 325e are 399 euro here, but yes, it's a good price.

I hardly used my 325iS anymore - I have the others in my signature to take its place. And I don't collect headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back