The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jul 20, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #316 of 3,640
Proud owner of 325i here. Enjoyed it so much except one annoying thing - CABLE

Due to the way the drivers are attached to the headband, both drivers are turnable and the result --> cable heavily twisted
mad.gif

My cable is so bad that the cable is no longer straight. No matter how careful i am when storing it, the cable will always be twisted the next time when i use it..

Anyone knows how to fix this issue ?

Here is the pic to show how bad my cable is.

845260599_edb6fc9e00_o.jpg

Thanks

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #317 of 3,640
#5170 - got em 2 weeks ago, in a long term relationship with them from now on methinks. i am too terrified to start 'modding' them, maybe when they are well used and tired looking, many years from now....but they are too gold and shiny looking at the moment, and did i mention costly,
basshead.gif

p.s. yeah i too have those twisted cables, annoying to say the least, mine are twisted not at the cups but at the y-joiner.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #318 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#5170 - got em 2 weeks ago, in a long term relationship with them from now on methinks. i am too terrified to start 'modding' them, maybe when they are well used and tired looking, many years from now....but they are too gold and shiny looking at the moment, and did i mention costly,
basshead.gif

p.s. yeah i too have those twisted cables, annoying to say the least, mine are twisted not at the cups but at the y-joiner.

Mine are twisted at the cups and the y-joint. I can actually feel that its badly twisted inside, which is very annoying because i just cant straighten it
mad.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #319 of 3,640
I'm sure you've tried this but I've had a fair amount of success holding the phones from the cable (dangling the phones in the air) and twisting each cup straight. Do this over something soft in case you drop them.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #320 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who out there in 325i Land has had their phones recabled? Who did the work? What brand of cable was used? describe the performance change? A photo of the finished product would be nice.

I had mine cabled with Cardas by cantsleep, and I think they sounded fantastic.

Unfortunately I've just sold them, due to a forced downgrade
mad.gif

I honestly thought the SR325i were the perfect rock cans for my need (budget vinyl set up, millet hybrid amp, almost all rock vinyl).

here is a pic of em, I'm not very good a impressions, so maybe the person who bought them from me will write something up for ya guys

IMG_1960.jpg

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #322 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful. Sound comparison between stock and cardas? Man, those are killer.

I only listened to the stock cable for about a week, so I don't really have much of a comparison.

But last i listened to them, they had ~250 hours on the drivers, and maybe 200 on the cable and I felt that the cable gave you "more" of the 325i sound than the stock cable.

i know that might not make much sense
blink.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #324 of 3,640
After only a few days of light usage the right driver housing fell off the connecting rod as i i took it off my head, i just pushed the rod back into its hole and it seems ok.

I wasnt sure whether to glue it in or not i thought i'd ask you guys before i do anything drastic to them.

Is this typical of grado build quality?

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #325 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After only a few days of light usage the right driver housing fell off the connecting rod as i i took it off my head, i just pushed the rod back into its hole and it seems ok.

I wasnt sure whether to glue it in or not i thought i'd ask you guys before i do anything drastic to them.

Is this typical of grado build quality?

That happened to my MS-2. It happened to my left housing.
Pushing the rod back for me is of no use, as clearly the hole has become too large.

I glued it back with some epoxy, as its quite effective as a filler.

Typical Grado quality? Ya sadly.

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #326 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That happened to my MS-2. It happened to my left housing.
Pushing the rod back for me is of no use, as clearly the hole has become too large.

I glued it back with some epoxy, as its quite effective as a filler.

Typical Grado quality? Ya sadly.

Thats a shame as they sound really great
eggosmile.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #328 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you could send them back to Grado and have them fixed/replaced.

I was thinking that and have sent an email to grado to see what they say.

Has anyone here sent a pair from the uk to them, whats the turnaround time?

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #329 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking that and have sent an email to grado to see what they say.

Has anyone here sent a pair from the uk to them, whats the turnaround time?

Its a very simple repair you can try yourself...
I'm not sure about the turn around time, but I'm quite sure it won't be fast.

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #330 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a very simple repair you can try yourself...
I'm not sure about the turn around time, but I'm quite sure it won't be fast.

I dont fancy being without them for a week or 2 (might suffer withdrawal symptoms
cool.gif
) if all they are going to do is put a bit of glue on them. if it happens again i'll do what you said and stick it back together with some epoxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back