The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #2,491 of 3,640
the chrome really shows that blend of modern and vintage, and it looks really shiny! 

well i'm out of the 325 owner club for now since i sold my 325. serial no 5119 chrome. member fleasbaby is the new owner of the 325is.

would love to return one day though, awesome headphones, great times with them. one of the best headphones for the price, the detail and tone they have is just amazing, i almost like them as much as my T1. except since i own the T1 and RS1, i have no reason to own them at the time 

the 325 have more pronounced highs than the t1 which made them amazing for rock/metal. however, they lack the bass and soundstage of the t1. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #2,493 of 3,640
wow those look fantastic, definitely one of the best i've ever seen.

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #2,494 of 3,640
Thanks!  Just finished them today, they look much better than I thought they would come out 
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #2,495 of 3,640

Quote:

Same thing happened to me, but above my ears on my scalp. I had these quarter sized rubbed raw spots, like skin-scabs. If I scrubbed them lightly with my fingertips, they'd bleed. Nasty! But, that was only the first six months! Now I got delightful head calluses, so no more worry!  :\

someone said it's an allergy... but I am not sure

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #2,500 of 3,640
I've had my 325is headphones (#7966) for about two weeks now and I love, love, LOVE them. In fact, I plan to get some GS1000i's next week to complement my 325is's!

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,501 of 3,640
I'd be interested to hear people's stories about break-in. 

I'm from the US, living in Kuala Lumpur, and spend most of my time (60-80 hour weeks) working. While I am working at home, I usually have my headphones on. You can imagine the number of hours I put on my 325is. I believe that I noticed changes in the sound signature for the first 8 months. Yah, year. Most people say 100-200-300 hours. If my first 8 month thing is remotely accurate, we are talking roughly 800 hours or so.

Through that time, they grew richer, clearer and the soundstage more precise. 

Anyone else have any break-in experiences they'd like to share?

[[Aside: and I'd rather not have this degrade into a "there is no such thing as break-in". For things like drivers and parts where physical motion is part of the system, there is definitely is break-in. I'm trying to stay away from burn-in (wires, electronics), although they may be a part of the Grado break-in process since there are cables and wires involved.]]

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #2,502 of 3,640
I thought that my SR325is sounded better than ever at 400 hours, although still congested.  It is at 500 hours that the congestion that they had goes away completely.

Then Dyanamt Xtreme on the backs of the drivers improves the sound more. 
basshead.gif

basshead.gif

basshead.gif

Anyone compared Cardas 4x24, Kimber TCSS, and/or Moon Audio Blue Dragon on SR325?

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #2,503 of 3,640
In which ways does it improve the sound if I may ask?

I've seen several mentions of this mod but nobody have posted a tutorial yet. Is it reversible? Does it requires any soldering?

Would be nice if someone post up a detail guide on how to do this mod 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I thought that my SR325is sounded better than ever at 400 hours, although still congested.  It is at 500 hours that the congestion that they had goes away completely.

Then Dyanamt Xtreme on the backs of the drivers improves the sound more. 
basshead.gif

basshead.gif

basshead.gif

Anyone compared Cardas 4x24, Kimber TCSS, and/or Moon Audio Blue Dragon on SR325?

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #2,504 of 3,640

Quote:
In which ways does it improve the sound if I may ask?

I've seen several mentions of this mod but nobody have posted a tutorial yet. Is it reversible? Does it requires any soldering?

Would be nice if someone post up a detail guide on how to do this mod 
rolleyes.gif

There are guides and tutorials on how to take your Grados apart.  You add a lump of Dynamat Xtreme on the back of each driver (metal part only), don't cover the two ventilation holes.  Almost everything about about the sound improves, even low bass extension and bass impact, and the only things that you sacrifice are most of the treble harshness and shrillness.  RS2 and higher models all have dampening material on the backs of the drivers already, so this is really for Prestige Series Grados.
But hey, for all I know, the Grado dampening material may not be as good as Dynamat, so the higher models may still benefit a bit.

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2,505 of 3,640
Threads on the Dynamat mods, pictures, and some analysis of the impact on sound:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/183338/grado-driver-mod

http://www.head-fi.org/t/280211/fs-grado-modders-bits-of-dynamat-for-driver-modding

Enjoy! Seems to be the real deal, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back