The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2,476 of 3,640

Quote:
What's the difference between the 325is with the chrome and brushed finish?  Anything?

Good point , i have the gold type ends, which came out for the 50th ann......dont think there is much between them to be honest......But i expect in the threads there is more info....mart

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,477 of 3,640
Nothing other than looks, as far as I know. I've read that the brushed metal look was a little expensive and time taking, so they went for the shiny chrome look, which is apparently easier to get.

Quote:
What's the difference between the 325is with the chrome and brushed finish?  Anything?

Good point , i have the gold type ends, which came out for the 50th ann......dont think there is much between them to be honest......But i expect in the threads there is more info....mart

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #2,478 of 3,640
I can't get these for the time being due to lack of funds/not sure if the price is justifiable. But have been sorely missing the liquid midrange/openness of my Alessandro MS-1's for nearly a year. Considering the Grado SR-80 or 125....can anyone describe to me how they compare considering my MS-1s were the best headphones I ever heard/owned? Thanks in advance guys. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #2,479 of 3,640
I have just parted with some of my hard earned cash in return for a set of 325is of Ebay.I am extremely excited and cannot wait for these to turn up. At the moment i am using my HD650 , which are a fantastic headphone but they are not cutting the mustard with a lot of the rock music i listen to  (SOAD,Scars on broadway,Led zeppelin ETC) I live in the UK and the headphones will be coming from United States so i have a long tedious wait for the next week or two.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #2,480 of 3,640
Anybody ever try these lovely sounding 'phones with a Matrix M Stage? 
Just want to know if they work very well together.
thx

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #2,484 of 3,640

Quote:
Looks like you got one with the new finish.  Is it a powder coat type finish?  I haven't seen that finish in person yet.  I think it's the same finish as the new PS500 has.

Wow this is incredibly cool, another finish for their headphone metal... why are they so unsteady, collectors have to buy new headphones every time, kind of annoying.

Does that means the PS1000 will also become powdered like the PS500 and now the SR325iscp ( i, silver, chrome, powder )?

Frankly I don't know which I would like to own anymore...

Ultra-fine matte: 

Wet / satin metal:

Chrome, only one in gold as far as I know (which I would choose any day, lol).

I posted the picture of the golden ones on Grado Labs' wall on Facebook and it has been liked by many people, including Grado Labs themselves lol.

Oh yeah and that thing I don't know what it is... wood finish:

J/K, just an weird over-polished (repolished?) GS1000...

Was there ever a brushed PS1000?

Is the powder finish on the PS500 durable?

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #2,487 of 3,640

the foam pads irritate my ears a lot, I have bumps on my ears for some odd reason 
confused_face(1).gif
. Anyways they sound are great. Can't wait to get new foams

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #2,488 of 3,640
So I've now got about 80 or so hours on these bad boys... running them with nuForce icon mobile atm... it's pretty good with WASAPI/Foobar/Flac but... I'm looking for a replacement DAC/USB/Amp combo... I listen almost exclusively to hard rock/metal... any recommendations? I'm looking for something that's warmer and wider sounding. I'd get the Little Dot +1 but I'm trying to avoid it since I would need to supplement it with a separate DAC... that is unless someone can point me toward a relatively cheap and decent DAC to combine it with. :p

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #2,489 of 3,640
i thought they just returned to the ugly ps1000 finish. i want chrome if i ever buy them.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #2,490 of 3,640

Quote:
the foam pads irritate my ears a lot, I have bumps on my ears for some odd reason 
confused_face(1).gif

Same thing happened to me, but above my ears on my scalp. I had these quarter sized rubbed raw spots, like skin-scabs. If I scrubbed them lightly with my fingertips, they'd bleed. Nasty! But, that was only the first six months! Now I got delightful head calluses, so no more worry!  :\

Originally posted by Dubstep Girl

i thought they just returned to the ugly ps1000 finish. i want chrome if i ever buy them.

I was lucky enough to get chrome 325is (last xmas) and chrome PS1000s (this xmas). I hated the chrome when I first got it, but like it a lot more than the new PS500 finish. And I am with you, DS Girl, I thought that the PS500  finish was going to be across all of the metal Grado models. I'm hearing conflicting stories though. But now, I really dig the chrome. It has a good feel to it - strong. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back