The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #1,576 of 3,640
Yup.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #1,577 of 3,640
I don't even know how this could be possible if the cup rim is touching the outer back ridge of your pinna (helix, anti-helical fold and anti-helix, specifically). I guess if the external auditory meatus and tragus are unusually large, this could be a problem?

http://www.virtualmedicalcentre.com/...utside_300.jpg

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #1,578 of 3,640
Tragus and meatus? No, it is the antihelix that sticks out slightly towards the bottom, approaching the antitragus. This part touches the screens.

I find that the 'phones sound better if they sit a couple of millimeters farther back so part of the helix are within the bowls; either way, the antihelix is what is touching the drivers.

I hope that made sense, lol.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #1,579 of 3,640
Yeah... hear you loud and clear. I'm not really one for anatomy, but I just did a quick search for the linked diagram so that we knew what we are talking about. I understand now!

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #1,580 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow - with zany guys like yourself on Head-Fi, I can see that I have to get creative on my next shopping trip:

Plan was : RS-1
New Plan : HD600

Sure, it will be boring as hell, but then I can post in the RS-1 appreciation thread.

See what I did there ?

I think you kind of missed my pun, haha. The 225i's are considered darker 'phones than the 325i's, hence the "dark side".
Well, at least I thought it was witty
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #1,581 of 3,640
Er, no, I *got* that part, but wouldn't you be happier in the SR225 Appreciation thread ? I know its dark in there, and often pretty lonely, but you've made your choice.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #1,582 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new sr325is's are 2173. Anyone else receive there's with scratches on the cup?

edit: My cable seems short, maybe 6 feet or less.

I have had mine for a little bit over a month now. They have less than an hour on them. Hopefully once I get my littledot I+ I will finally give these the atttention they deserve. All I can do right now is stare at them and there black jmoney sheepskin headband with black quarter modded hd414 pads.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #1,583 of 3,640
V2 or V3 for the headband, deltaspirit? I just ordered a V2 and also have a V3 on the way. Can't wait to try them both out and see exactly what the differences are. That said... if you ever want to sell me your stock 325 leather band, let me know.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #1,584 of 3,640
Quote:

I have had mine for a little bit over a month now. They have less than an hour on them. Hopefully once I get my littledot I+ I will finally give these the atttention they deserve. All I can do right now is stare at them and there black jmoney sheepskin headband with black quarter modded hd414 pads.

Pictures please.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #1,586 of 3,640
Quote:

I'am awaiting for more then a month now, its taking so long. I wonder how they will sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #1,587 of 3,640
the JMoney V3 headbands add a really nice touch to the SR325i's. very classy and exquisite. i chose dark brown to go with the 325i and think they match up really nicely with the aluminum. i also have a couple of the stock leather bands if anyone wants.
happy_face1.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #1,588 of 3,640
Why stare? Just Enjoy them anyway, then you'll enjoy them even more with a nice amp =]

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #1,589 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'am awaiting for more then a month now, its taking so long. I wonder how they will sound
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm guessing 'wet' would be one possibility ! Seriously, where are these being shipped from - Santa's factory at the North Pole ?

(hot tip: if you have friends who annoy you, tell them that the honour of hearing your new Grados straight out of the box belongs to them. Crank up some 128K Mariah mp3s from a Nano and hand them their 'prize' .... )

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #1,590 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing 'wet' would be one possibility ! Seriously, where are these being shipped from - Santa's factory at the North Pole ?

(hot tip: if you have friends who annoy you, tell them that the honour of hearing your new Grados straight out of the box belongs to them. Crank up some 128K Mariah mp3s from a Nano and hand them their 'prize' .... )

ouch, thats just mean

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back