The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #1,531 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I realy like maiden on the 325is. Admitted it can be a bit hard on the ears due to sibilance, specialy in songs like Aces High. Out of the box the 325 made that song sound real stingy on some parts but it calmed down a bit after a few hours.

Sounds like your ears acclimatized to it.
smily_headphones1.gif

The RS2i's are better for me with Maiden, but my favourites for Maiden are my modded Denon AH-D5000's.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #1,532 of 3,640
Ok, I think I might buy a pair in the next couple days
icon10.gif
. I figure if I don't like them I can always resell them and downgrade to an SR225i.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #1,534 of 3,640
Dickinson's vocals and the treble on the 325 might be a bit overpowering for some - I like the live Maiden tracks I ripped on the 325, and live Priest is absolutely outstanding (Halford probably has one of the best ranges in metal, then or now) - but its how good they sound with guitars that really does it for me. A mate put me on to DragonForce - now thats a band that isnt afraid to let the guitarists let rip on each and every track. The mighty axe solo lost favour with a lot of modern metal bands, but I'll take 'retro' over stuff like Metallica and Pantera any day of the week.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #1,535 of 3,640
Judas Priest is a lot better with the 325is, especially, their last two albums, "Nostradamus" and "Angel of Retribution". Actually, all their recordings are more 325is friendly than the Maiden ones.

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #1,539 of 3,640
But the PX100's aren't nearly as hi-fi a headphone as the SR-325is's. The latter should require your full concentration for all that it reveals to actually be appreciated. Extraneous noise will positively destroy the listening experience and introduce a lot of competing distractions. They are also waaaaay more open that the PX100's, which actually provide a small amount of isolation. Not to mention the Grado's are larger, have cumbersome cables, and scream "I'm high-profile and shiny and must be expensive! Come steal me!" I would save these for listening at home and get a pair of PortaPros or PX100's for the commute.

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #1,543 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what you need, kunalraiker, is a pair of closed cans and a measure of consideration.

I know,its just that I would love to listen to the Grado's , and the commute is my only free time to do so.

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #1,544 of 3,640
portapros aren't closed, but they won't leak as much.

why do you keep talking about other people? if they listen to very open cans in public, then they're inconsiderate too. i know people who smoke in public and spit in public and i once met this guy who pissed on the street. doesn't make it OK.

look, i can't tell you what to do. if you want to put your own interests before others', then fine, but recognize that that's what you're doing by commuting with Grados.

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #1,545 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know,its just that I would love to listen to the Grado's , and the commute is my only free time to do so.

as a suggestion have a look into the FX500, its got a grado esq sound sig that may give you the sound you want but a tad more practical and considerate to others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back