The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #2,148 of 2,481
I got my Explorer in NC just a little bit ago. I'm trying to sideload Google Play Music (which I do pay for) and no luck there as it requires Google Play Services which cannot be downloaded. Bummer there but maybe a switch to Spotify will work.

Haven't even plugged headphones in yet and already hearing a clicking noise when the screen is off. Strange.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #2,149 of 2,481
I got my Explorer in NC just a little bit ago. I'm trying to sideload Google Play Music (which I do pay for) and no luck there as it requires Google Play Services which cannot be downloaded. Bummer there but maybe a switch to Spotify will work.

Haven't even plugged headphones in yet and already hearing a clicking noise when the screen is off. Strange.
The first version used to do that quite a bit thought it was on the fixed list.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #2,152 of 2,481
EB, any word on the untraceable twenty?

I think you'll have to contact them privately, I don't think they'll comment publicly. I'm not sure EB has even publicly acknowledged the issue, although I may have missed it. I know at least a couple others are continuing to try to get an answer and as far as I know, no answer yet. I think if they actually had shipped the missing units, at least one of them would have been delivered by now.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,153 of 2,481

Yes, any paid Google app won't work,because there is no way to verify your license for the app. Spotify should work. As for the phantom clicking, sigh.....

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2,154 of 2,481
I think you'll have to contact them privately, I don't think they'll comment publicly. I'm not sure EB has even publicly acknowledged the issue, although I may have missed it. I know at least a couple others are continuing to try to get an answer and as far as I know, no answer yet. I think if they actually had shipped the missing units, at least one of them would have been delivered by now.

I spoke privately via email yesterday, but that was over 24 hours now, their response was once they knew any information this would be communicated via the same medium, however, for whatever reasons I've not always received communication.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2,155 of 2,481
I spoke privately via email yesterday, but that was over 24 hours now, their response was once they knew any information this would be communicated via the same medium, however, for whatever reasons I've not always received communication.
I got the same response yesterday. No update since then, so I followed-up nearly three hours ago - no reply.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,158 of 2,481
Who on earth spends money on a DAP to listen to music when you could be playing Final Fantasy 4?

http://imgur.com/a/3IyYR

(Can install emulators on a DAP but can't figure out how to embed an Imgur image -_- )
3IyYR

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #2,160 of 2,481
A working flawless unit on its way for delivery?

Spooky, interesting to see if it's actually there on your return.

Then, IMO, no news isn't good news. Neither are most of the reports on how many of the problems have been fixed. There seems to be at least one well-functioning unit though, hopefully there will be more.

Its probably sitting on my front porch, weird that it says signed for though. To be honest, I wouldn't be too upset if it isn't there. Interestingly, my Finders got delivered to the wrong address, a delivery error, not even close to my house. The guy emailed me that he had my package and had opened it before realizing it wasn't for him. Which was fine, that's how he knew the email address. Maybe it happened again.

On the DHL site, I can view a letter that says it is proof that it was delivered to the customer, I guess because they say so. I like DHL, but that isn't right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back