The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jun 28, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #2,119 of 2,481
You trying to get my hopes up again?

JK - I know, it's possible that the unit shipped and the tracking number mysteriously disappeared...it's just the absurdity of this whole journey that's blowing my mind.

Can EB at least confirm that they made your unit and it was taken to the shipping facility? edit: I see they are investigating.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #2,120 of 2,481
This is from DHL's tracking FAQ, can you track if you don't have a tracking number. Maybe it might be of help.

"Yes, under certain conditions. We strongly advise you to make a record of your tracking number however, if you have the shipper's reference number, you can use our online Shipper’s Reference Tracking service."

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,121 of 2,481
This is from DHL's tracking FAQ, can you track if you don't have a tracking number. Maybe it might be of help.

"Yes, under certain conditions. We strongly advise you to make a record of your tracking number however, if you have the shipper's reference number, you can use our online Shipper’s Reference Tracking service."
Thanks, @dlayman. I suggested this to EB and am awaiting their response.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,122 of 2,481
Hoping it's just a DHL / admin issue and not related to the fact that some of the original 40-something have been unexpectedly receiving their replacement units.

I'm a natural optimist so sure it will be the former, but working as an analyst for a living makes me pathologically allergic to coincidences these days! Looking forward to some good news from EB shortly (or just a mystery unit arriving on my desk in the next few days). :wink:

Edit: just received an update email from EB saying they are investigating.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #2,123 of 2,481
Hoping it's just a DHL / admin issue and not related to the fact that some of the original 40-something have been unexpectedly receiving their replacement units.

I'm a natural optimist so sure it will be the former, but working as an analyst for a living makes me pathologically allergic to coincidences these days! Looking forward to some good news from EB shortly (or just a mystery unit arriving on my desk in the next few days). :wink:

I was wondering the same thing about the unexpected replacement units, but didn't want to say anything without their investigation.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #2,124 of 2,481
I was wondering the same thing about the unexpected replacement units, but didn't want to say anything without their investigation.

That's fair - it's not an accusation, just a scenario that popped into mind. Like I said, coincidence is a bad thing in my line of work, so just thinking out loud. Happy with the speed of reply and transparency so far on this one, so hoping they turn up some good news shortly.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #2,125 of 2,481
Got a tracking number this morning. I was in the first 45 group. I did request a new unit.

It just left Hong Kong sort facility. ..estimated delivery is July 3rd. For now...

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #2,126 of 2,481
That's fair - it's not an accusation, just a scenario that popped into mind. Like I said, coincidence is a bad thing in my line of work, so just thinking out loud. Happy with the speed of reply and transparency so far on this one, so hoping they turn up some good news shortly.

Its a reasonable scenario. I found it strange that the first forty five started getting notifications, after the lengthy discussion about them being satisfied after the retail production run. There was a lot of support for the original 45 getting fulfilled first, and I would have though EB would have been quite public about being able to get them all done now as it would have been good news for everybody.

EB should be immediately able to tell if the number of tracking numbers they got matches the number of units produced, unless they don't know how many units the contracted factory and engineers produced. When they said about 20 numbers were missing, that made me think the number of tracking numbers was short of the number of units made, but now I don't know.

By all rights, I should be one who hasn't gotten a notification because I'm looking forward to receiving the unit probably less than any other buyer.

I guess everybody will have to wait and see what EB comes up with.

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,127 of 2,481
WHAT?!?

Waybill: 1862549334
With delivery courier
Area:SACRAMENTO - MATHER, CA - NAPA - USA
Scheduled Delivery:Today by End of Day
1 Piece

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 Location Time Piece
14 With delivery courier SACRAMENTO - MATHER, CA - USA 10:57
1 Piece

13 Arrived at Delivery Facility in SACRAMENTO - MATHER - USA SACRAMENTO - MATHER, CA - USA 09:01
1 Piece

12 Departed Facility in SAN FRANCISCO GATEWAY - USA SAN FRANCISCO GATEWAY, CA - USA 06:55
1 Piece

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,128 of 2,481
Got it this morning, Import duty to Denmark 38$ that okay..

690535b69dd5deacfab14c0138d1edec.jpg

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #2,129 of 2,481
DHL Express delivers REALLY quickly, especially in the US, where we usually slide right through customs. I think everybody in the USA that's getting one will have it by Friday at the latest, and almost everybody by the end of tomorrow, unless your local post office messes tings up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back