The Official Cigar Thread
May 19, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #451 of 1,369
A pipe smoker here, paying a brief visit to my second love in the world of inhaling - cigars.
smily_headphones1.gif

I should go over this thread and gain some knowledge on this - i've relatively little on the matter, even though I love it dearly.

May 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #452 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by vic1890 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A pipe smoker here, paying a brief visit to my second love in the world of inhaling - cigars.
smily_headphones1.gif

I should go over this thread and gain some knowledge on this - i've relatively little on the matter, even though I love it dearly.

Welcome. I have thought about picking up pipes many times just have yet to do so. Too many good cigars to enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #453 of 1,369
Welcome Vic,
Glad to have you here. First thing you should know if you decide to take up cigars is that you should not inhale very much. Cigars are like pipes, the flavor is why we do it, not just the nicotine buzz, and the smoke can really hurt the lungs.

Cheers, and happy discoveries!

May 19, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #454 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome Vic,
Glad to have you here. First thing you should know if you decide to take up cigars is that you should not inhale very much. Cigars are like pipes, the flavor is why we do it, not just the nicotine buzz, and the smoke can really hurt the lungs.

Cheers, and happy discoveries!

I am with this guy. Most (if not all ) cigar smokers do not inhale. Cigar smoking is more for the taste than anything else IMO.

Welcome to the HeadFi Cigar Club Vic

May 19, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #455 of 1,369
took a walk down to JR cigars on 5th ave expecting NYC boutique prices.
was pleasantly surprised to find their 5 pack prices are the same as on the Website. Broke out my homemade humidor and getting it seasoned.
need to get a digital hygrometer.

May 20, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #456 of 1,369
kydsid, I got you out a sampler of some Opus, Padron 80th, Anejos, and some CCs.

DC#
0309 0330 0001 0258 7412

May 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #457 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kydsid, I got you out a sampler of some Opus, Padron 80th, Anejos, and some CCs.

DC#
0309 0330 0001 0258 7412

Jeebus! Now that's an H-Bomb of a bomb!

May 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #458 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeebus! Now that's an H-Bomb of a bomb!

PM sent

May 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #459 of 1,369
*whistle

Wow, thats some bomb Darkninja. I had the Padron 80th for my graduation from the father, it was awesome, especially with a scotch or bourbon. I had two ISOM's come in last week from a friend, but they turned out to be duds (actually ended up finding out that they were a low ranked brand, Guantanameros or some such). Not bad, but here's to good cc's!

May 24, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #460 of 1,369
I walked into the house today after a particularly grueling day at the brewery to find not one, but three packages sitting on the kitchen table for me. I opened the first, and was pleased that it contained the soldering irons I had won on Ebay last week. Hooray for that. The second came direct from London, and contained my samples of a number of Geo F. Trumper shaving creams (for another hobby, wetshaving). Again, hooray, makes the day that much better knowing that I can look forward to a great shave after my shower. I get to the third package, which is postmarked from...Boston. Oh no. I know only three people in Boston, and the name on the return address lets me know exactly who the package is from. Bracing myself, I tear open the well-taped exterior of the box and...BOOM! The kitchen is leveled by the atomic blast from a certain Darkninja.

0523092202.jpg

(sorry about the crappy quality)

I'm floored once again by the generosity of brothers of the leaf. There are a lot of sticks in here that I've been wanting to try (or retry), but hadn't gotten around to yet. The Joya de Nicaragua's are looking very delicious. The addition of the Opus X and a Masterblends III are jawdropping. The Torano is one I've not had before, and am looking forward to with bated breath. And, there's one I've heard mention of, but never really paid much attention, the Fuente Viejo, which Looks great through the celo.

Darkninja, thanks so much for the bomb. My grandmother's kitchen doesn't appreciate it as much as I do, but you've supplied me with a lot of smoking pleasure to come through the next few weeks. I hope that I can return the favor sometime soon!

On another front, I still haven't figured out who bombed me before, though I have suspicions due to some members' comments. You will be found. Make no mistake.

Cheers all!

May 24, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #461 of 1,369
Zach enjoy them. Burn the Antano first. You are lucky I did not have a bigger box. Bill

May 24, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #462 of 1,369
Ha ha, thanks Bill, I'm sure this is just the tip of the violent unibomber aspect of your personality. Cheers!

May 24, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #463 of 1,369
Mmm yummies. Nice bomb Ninja. The only question remains now is how full is Z's humidor now?

Everyone have a good Memorial day. Make sure to smoke a good cigar or two in respect to all of our soldiers past and present.

My salute shall be via a 100 Anos.
biggrin.gif

Cheers

May 24, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #464 of 1,369
I ordered some 2005 Camacho Libertys for July 4th. Probably getting some CAO America Monuments as well.

I may fire my ESG on Monday after work.

Zach, I will smack you again. I have to hit a friend in NJ and Scott Shilala ( bead guy at CA) first.

Have a safe weekend fellow puffers.

May 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #465 of 1,369
Bill, another hit might kill me
smily_headphones1.gif
, so don't feel obligated. Your first hit and the other which preceded it were more than I could have dreamed, great smoking days.

Kydsid, the humi is about half full, but is piled up to almost three fourths height due to my cedar divider I use to keep the really low quality mexican maduro cigarillos I ordered away from the good stuff. My humi has never felt like such a glutton in its life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back