The Official Cigar Thread
May 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #466 of 1,369
Yeah Zach, I need to replenish my stock just a bit.
When is your birthday?

Today I had a Fuente Sun Grown Chateau, a Party Short and an AB Tempus Terra Nova so far today. Good smokes all around. I am debating something really good before I head out to work tonight. Have a safe Memorial Day people.

May 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #467 of 1,369
Just thought I'd throw it out there. My dad smoke cigars now and then. Has a few humidifiers in the house. He also likes to smuggle Cubans back into the US when he goes away on business
biggrin.gif
although I'm not sure that that's illegal anymore.

May 26, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #469 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you don't smoke cigars, but you like implicating your dad in a felony? Nice

That's a rather harsh way of putting it
icon10.gif
And I wouldn't say I like it so much as I get a kick out of the lengths he'll go through to get some quality stogies.

May 26, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #470 of 1,369
Oh man, I haven't had a cigar since freshman year. I remember sitting outside our dorm enjoying a couple cigars at the end of the year. I ought to try a couple sticks when I get back down there where we have a cigar ship since I'll have some internship money after this summer.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #471 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksween93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a rather harsh way of putting it
icon10.gif
And I wouldn't say I like it so much as I get a kick out of the lengths he'll go through to get some quality stogies.

There are easier ways to get Habanos than smuggling them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you don't smoke cigars, but you like implicating your dad in a felony? Nice

They (customs) will usually just confiscate the smokes. Definitely breaking the law bringing in Cubans like that but it is not illegal to have them at home.

May 26, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #473 of 1,369
Smoked a Montecristo #2, Rocky Patel Decade, Perdomo Patriarch and Punch Double Corona over the course of the weekend along with a ton of fajitas.

Loving the immense floral aroma from the Double Corona and might look into getting a box down the road right now.

May 26, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #474 of 1,369
Keep an eye out for Opus X and Anejos around Father's day.
great time of the year for cigar smokers.

I know a site that has good prices on both and once they are in stock I will post it here.

May 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #477 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawai_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im gonna smuggle some cubans this weeken when i com back from tijuana

Are you really going down to Tijuana? That place is a warzone right now or at least it had been.

Hope you come back with your head still attached.

May 26, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #479 of 1,369
Best bet is to find someone you know in a European country to send them to you. That or Canada. There are other ways, but I've not gotten the courage (or the funds) up yet to try my hand.

Bill, its the 26th of June, but you should expect something from me if you have the audacity to bomb me again.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Btw, do you still have an affinity for craft brews? If so, let me know and I'll hook you up with some of the wares from Appalachian Brewing Company. Not the best, but not a bad beer either, well worth a try.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back