The Official Cigar Thread
May 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #436 of 1,369
Well everyone, I'm not sure who it was, but I've been bombed.

0514091328.jpg

I'm pretty much dumbstruck at this generosity. Included in this massive a-bomb are numerous stogies I've never had the pleasure of trying including a San Cristobal, a 5 Vegas, a CAO Britalia (!), and several others I'm very excited about.

The return address is a P.O. box in Plano TX, and from what I can tell I don't know for sure of any members' location there. The name was Head-fi Cigar Club, so I assume it to be someone who at least frequents this particular thread (though my detective skills are not quite up to par).

In any case reveal yourself and take credit or, in the words of Liam Neeson, "I will find you, and I will (bomb) you."

Cheers everyone, and thanks again!

Zach

May 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #437 of 1,369
Nice bomb whoever sent it. I spy a La Aroma and a La Aurora. Very nice indeed. Enjoy it dude.

It was not me as I am in Boston.

May 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #439 of 1,369
The Oliva family owns a lot of tobacco farm land in Nic. They'd be good ones to get, some Serie V. I believe Opus X is made in Nicaragua as well, but I'm not certain. Lots of good sticks are made down there, its actually my favorite type.

Nice score having a friend down there to pick them up straight off the farm. Depending on what you get, make sure to age them for a few weeks or months so they aren't too harsh

Cheers!

May 14, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #440 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm mainly a pipe smoker, but I do enjoy an occasional cigar from time to time.

My roommate is currently in Nicaragua filming a documentary. Any recommendations for cigars he should bring back?

Anything and everything Padron. The Joya de Nicaragua Anatano is a great cigar he should be able to find that isn't the easiest to find up here. If he can get to the Perdomo factory they roll cigars for a whole lot of top tier brands and should be good cigars whatever he finds. Nestor also has a factory down their and should have some good cigars.

May 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #441 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well everyone, I'm not sure who it was, but I've been bombed. snip......
Zach

Looks like some great help filling that humidor of yours up. Might need another one if you don't get smokin.
ksc75smile.gif

Oh and the CAO Bratalia you have their is the limited edition released and sold only by Old Virginia Tobacco Company, a B&M chain in the DC area. It has a little in common with the Bratalia issued later in a limited edition humidor or 5 pack. Most agree the OTVC version is the better smoke. Hope that helps your info out didn't know if you meant a ! or a ? in your post.

And I spy a ManOWar, I think blended and made by Pepin, and two different Sancho Panza's.

May 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #443 of 1,369
Quote:

The Oliva family owns a lot of tobacco farm land in Nic. They'd be good ones to get, some Serie V. I believe Opus X is made in Nicaragua as well, but I'm not certain. Lots of good sticks are made down there, its actually my favorite type.

Nice score having a friend down there to pick them up straight off the farm. Depending on what you get, make sure to age them for a few weeks or months so they aren't too harsh

Cheers!

Opus X is a Dominican puro.
Definitely check out Perdomo, Oliva and JdN.

damn jealous of you guys too, still sick with the flu. 3 days no smoking so I may celebrate huge once I clear up.

May 15, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #444 of 1,369
Don't be too jealous, I'm coming down with something in the throat as I type, so the bomb will have some time to age, lol.

Oh and btw kydsid, it was a ! because I've heard good things about the bratalia, but hadn't been able to find any.

May 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #445 of 1,369
Quote:

Don't be too jealous, I'm coming down with something in the throat as I type, so the bomb will have some time to age, lol.

Oh and btw kydsid, it was a ! because I've heard good things about the bratalia, but hadn't been able to find any.

Just go to OVTC's webpage. They have them for sale per cigar and the giant 50 count box.
beerchug.gif

But ya, most people only know them from the limited edition humidor release they did and aren't aware they were originally a OVTC only item. I was actually at OVTC on release day with Tim Ozgener from CAO. Great guy. Was giving away a cubist ashtray with every box purchase. And OVTC is one of the best B&M's in this country as far as I am concerned so happy to throw them a bone.

May 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #446 of 1,369
Well I picked up an extra shift this week so I thought I would buy my birthday box, went with Partagas Shorts. I was thinking about the La Aroma de Cuba Especial Edicions but wanted to add more CCs to my inventory.

May 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #447 of 1,369
Its all fine and dandy if you have reliable transport, but i dont. I dont get out too much unfortunately. Which is why i was really hoping for a mail order option available to me. Oh well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude I would kill to live where you do. Two hours down the road to Detroit for all my Non-Cuban desires (has to be one good shop in Detroit, right?). Two hours up the road to Toronto to fullfill all my Cuban desires. You have it made just need to get the will power.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #448 of 1,369
This weekend I was smiled upon by the heavens. Saturday saw our first real rainstorm in 6 months. On Saturday I managed to smoke a CAO Bratalia on the back porch while the rain was coming down and enjoying a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Sunday was nice and topped out at 85 which is amazing since Friday was 102. Enjoyed a lovely Fuente Don Carlos with a nice sunset and a german lager.

May 18, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #449 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This weekend I was smiled upon by the heavens. Saturday saw our first real rainstorm in 6 months. On Saturday I managed to smoke a CAO Bratalia on the back porch while the rain was coming down and enjoying a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Sunday was nice and topped out at 85 which is amazing since Friday was 102. Enjoyed a lovely Fuente Don Carlos with a nice sunset and a german lager.

Which Don Carlos?
I have one in the box but want to grab some more.

May 18, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #450 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which Don Carlos?
I have one in the box but want to grab some more.

*starts clicking finger symbols* Ellllll Presssssiiiiiidenteeeee

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back