The Official Cigar Thread
May 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #421 of 1,369
Been sick so not smoking at all.

I am seriously thinking about grabbing a cabinet or box of Partagas Shorts. They are supposed to be smoking great fresh.

May 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #423 of 1,369
Upgraded to an Edgestar wine cooler for my humidor because it was too hot in the house and I didn't want a $500 electric bill. Only problem is it is full and I need another one.
biggrin.gif

05132009576.jpg

05132009577.jpg

May 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #424 of 1,369
You could put your "to be aged" cigars in a paymate cooler with a block of florist foam soaked in 50/50 PG and distilled water...rotate boxes out when they've aged long enough.

May 14, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #425 of 1,369
Where did you order the Edgestar from? I am thinking of grabbing one soon as well. They go $199 shipped IIRC. Nice addition though.

May 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #427 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could put your "to be aged" cigars in a paymate cooler with a block of florist foam soaked in 50/50 PG and distilled water...rotate boxes out when they've aged long enough.

I was doing the coolidor thing. But even the coolidor was reaching 80 degrees internal temp. At that range mold in the florist foam is guaranteed and I did indeed have quite a bit. I have a thread on cigarasylum that shows the mold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you order the Edgestar from? I am thinking of grabbing one soon as well. They go $199 shipped IIRC. Nice addition though.

Errr, someone on Amazon. At work and cannot remember. Check my thread at the Asylum in accesories. I put the info there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d(((--)))b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow kydsid.... nice collection

Thank You.

May 14, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #428 of 1,369
Kydsid, Thanks very much for your congratulations. I had a week to enjoy before the summer work began, so that should be enough for now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice addition with the cooler, btw. I'm still only on a 25 stick desktop, and not able to fill it yet either!

May 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #430 of 1,369
i wish i had some cigar buying options. Living where i do there isnt really any tobacco stores, and canadian law prohibits mailing of tobacco between provences and all the main cigar places are out west :/

May 14, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #432 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technokat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wish i had some cigar buying options. Living where i do there isnt really any tobacco stores, and canadian law prohibits mailing of tobacco between provences and all the main cigar places are out west :/

Dude I would kill to live where you do. Two hours down the road to Detroit for all my Non-Cuban desires (has to be one good shop in Detroit, right?). Two hours up the road to Toronto to fullfill all my Cuban desires. You have it made just need to get the will power.
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #433 of 1,369
I'm pretty happy with things in the US. Cubanos available overnight cheaper than buying them in canada, J&R and Holt's to supply my dominican and nicaraguan choices...

May 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #434 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty happy with things in the US. Cubanos available overnight cheaper than buying them in canada, J&R and Holt's to supply my dominican and nicaraguan choices...

Well I stay away from the Cubans. Cigars that is, the ladies are just fine.
biggrin.gif
You'd think by knowing people in OFAC it would be the other way around, but noooooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back