The Official Cigar Thread
Apr 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #391 of 1,369
Well folks, I'm gonna give a stogie a shot this afternoon before class. I think the cold is receding enough for me to enjoy it as the sinuses are clear and the cough is tapering off. Nub Connecticut, here I come!

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #392 of 1,369
Ordered these yesterday got them today:
DSC00818.jpg

pipesandcigars.com is where I got them. Really good site.

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #393 of 1,369
Yeah, I've pretty much turned green with envy here. lol.

Excellent acquisition there Darkninja.

I got the chance to enjoy both a NUB Habano and an Oliva Serie V Robusto that I've been saving. Both were great, I just wish I would remember to eat before I smoke a V, my nic tolerance isn't the highest out there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and in somewhat related news, grocery stores in central PA have started selling craft brewed beer! Now I won't be so limited as to my beer selections with smokes.

Cheers!

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #394 of 1,369
I smoked an Oliva V double robo yesterday and it was very good. Oliva has the burn and draw down pat. I find myself REALLY enjoying the Oliva O maduros. Something about them rings my bell.

As for full flavored kick your ass smokes, try the JdN Antano line. They are very good.

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #395 of 1,369
Had a Sancho Panza Double Maduro robusto, a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte toro, then a San Cristobal Clasico, and finished with an Oliva MB3 robusto. I might sacrifice an Anejo 50 later on tonight. The weather is gorgeous in Boston today.

Oh I like the LADC Especial Edicion more than the San Cristobal.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #396 of 1,369
My former roommates and I decided to have a cookout today. I took a Padron 3000 out with me and gave my roommate a JM's Dominican (maybe a house blend for my local B&M). I was given the opportunity to finish a Short Story (my friend went to play volleyball) and a La Flor Dominicana (other friend joined in). The nicotine kicked me in the ass after a while. Anyway, it was a good night for cigar smoking in PA. Beautiful weather, like you had up there in Boston I'm sure. The east coast got lucky today.

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #397 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My former roommates and I decided to have a cookout today. I took a Padron 3000 out with me and gave my roommate a JM's Dominican (maybe a house blend for my local B&M). I was given the opportunity to finish a Short Story (my friend went to play volleyball) and a La Flor Dominicana (other friend joined in). The nicotine kicked me in the ass after a while. Anyway, it was a good night for cigar smoking in PA. Beautiful weather, like you had up there in Boston I'm sure. The east coast got lucky today.

The Short Story may be the most popular stick out there. They are out of stock at a lot of places online. I like em a lot.

For some reason I have not had a Padron in a long time. I have none in my humidors either. Must be something from my past smoking history.

Enjoy the weekend BOTLs.

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #398 of 1,369
Just ordered a 10er of PSP2's. I may have to wait awhile but they will be worth it.

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #399 of 1,369
Well took a trip to the valley and went to Casa Petrides. A great cigar shop. At 6'3" I was barely able to reach the top row of singles in the humidor. Amazing selection a bar, lounge and food. Can't be beat and managed to bring these home.

casapetradles.jpg

Shot at 2009-04-26

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #400 of 1,369
Very nice selection there. I've been meaning to try some 601's for a long time, but never remember when I'm in the shop.

Enjoy them!

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #401 of 1,369
Nice scores. I have been wanting to try the 601 as well but do not know which one to grab. I guess I have to get a sampler sometime.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #402 of 1,369
I'm back to smoking cigars after a long hiatus and tight wallet.
I had a La Aurora Preferido camaroon wrapper in robusto size last week,
it was very nice. (but at that price I'd rather have a relative send me some other stuff which was what I was doing before)
I smoke them during the down time when my mother get's her full day chemo.
I just bought a couple sticks of La aroma de cuba also in robusto,
will try these as they're half the price of the preferido's.
my ultimate cheap cigar was some A. Turrent's I had during a promo sale
at davidoff's. (buy 2 get 1 free) can't seem to find them locally,
perhaps they're too cheap.
I may try the AF short story next.

May 1, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #403 of 1,369
BlindTiger, try the LADC Edicion Especial line. It is much better than the regular LADC line.

I had a Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Pyramid #9 today. Was very good for a sun grown stick.

Also got these today:

party_dn67.jpg

Partagas Serie P #2 torpedos.

Ordered on Sunday, shipped Monday, got them on a Thursday. Great prices too. PM if you want more info.

May 1, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #404 of 1,369
those look beautiful darkN. enjoy them.
I will look them up. already made a list for the next trip to the store.

edit, the laDC and Cuesta Reys. but I will put the partagas on the list for overseas relatives.
they really look nice. I can see that lovely oily sheen.

May 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #405 of 1,369
A good friend of mine is having her parents (who live in Germany) send me a fiver of Partagas CC's (not sure which one's at the moment). I've never had the money or the cahones to order ISOM's, simply because I know a few guys who ran into some slight legal trouble when they did.

In any case, Graduating tomorrow! Today I'll be smoking a CAO Criollo, and hopefully tomorrow I'll get to try my first Padron 26 40th!

Cheers on the excellent score!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back