The Official Cigar Thread
May 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #481 of 1,369
There are so many great cigars legally obtained that I have found no need to use sites like Cuban Cigars to obtain them. I am quite pleased with Oliva Serie V torpedos, Rocky Patel Decade and Camacho 1962s on the less expensive side and Padron 1964 and 1926, Fuente God Of Fire on the more expensive side.

May 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #482 of 1,369
I started out smoking Cuban cigars. I was given a humidor and some RyJ churchills. then I went into a three way box purchase trying different cuban brands.
it did get to be expensive but I've gotten to try quite a few brands.
now that I'm broke, I'm trying to get the feel between DR, NIC and HON cigars.
it's just that the B&M stores here can get expensive buying singles.

May 27, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #483 of 1,369
I tend to agree with you dmk005. I'm a huge fan of the Nicaraguan and Dominican makers of cigars. I was impressed with some cuban cigars, but they aren't in my opinion worth it to go all out for. I like having them, but they certainly aren't a necessity.

Cheers.

Zach

May 27, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #484 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are easier ways to get Habanos than smuggling them.

They (customs) will usually just confiscate the smokes. Definitely breaking the law bringing in Cubans like that but it is not illegal to have them at home.

Actually. It is illegal for any US Citizen to buy, sell, trade or possess any Cuban goods. The only people who can have them are Cuban refugees that have obtained permission to bring back a certain amount of Cuban goods but they must keep those goods and not give them to other US Citizens.

May 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #485 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best bet is to find someone you know in a European country to send them to you. That or Canada. There are other ways, but I've not gotten the courage (or the funds) up yet to try my hand.

Bill, its the 26th of June, but you should expect something from me if you have the audacity to bomb me again.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Btw, do you still have an affinity for craft brews? If so, let me know and I'll hook you up with some of the wares from Appalachian Brewing Company. Not the best, but not a bad beer either, well worth a try.

Cheers!

Zach, I rarely drink anything now. I still have a ton of beer in my fridge that I have not touched. Thanks for the offer though.

As for Cubans, anyone that wants a legit cheap CC site PM me.

May 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #486 of 1,369
I just ordered a box of Partagas Culebras and Cuaba Divinos.

May 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #488 of 1,369
Smoking a Habano in the tobacco fields near your home?
smile.gif

I need to add some of those to my box.

May 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #490 of 1,369
I was joking with you grawk. lol

Here are some updated pics:

DSC00833.jpg

Partagas Black toro

DSC00827.jpg

Perdomo Habano Corojo toro

DSC00837.jpg

top shelf of my desk top humi

DSC00838.jpg

drawer in my Aristocrat

DSC00839.jpg

my Aristocrat Mini

May 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #491 of 1,369
Got 5 coffins of 2005 Camacho Liberty in last night:

DSC00840.jpg

Probably smoke one on the Fourth of July.

May 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #492 of 1,369
Thats definitely a proper celebratory cigar, Bill.

I just started smoking a Camacho Select, which I believe you sent, unless I've gotten my bombs mixed up. So far I'm really pleased with the flavor profile. Its woody, but aromatic at the same time. I'm only about half an inch in, but its looking like it will be a good smoke before work. I'm saving the Opus X for my birthday, when I'll pair it with a big bottle of Three Philosophers I've been aging for a few months.

Cheers and happy smoking!

May 29, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #493 of 1,369
Glad you are enjoying the Camacho. It is one of my favorite Cameroon smokes.

The Opus would make a good birthday cigar if you have never had one. I think the one I gave you had some age on it as well.

I will burn the ESG for my birthday.

Tomorrow should be a good day too. Will post pics if all goes well.

May 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #494 of 1,369
A wonderful Friday night during a thunderstorm with a light show that would rival a Pink Floyd concert gave a great time to enjoy a great San Cristobal.

Saturday was hotter and I smoked a quick LA Leoninos. Not a great nor bad smoke. Something to keep for yard work or give out to the non-cigar smokers who want to join you. IE it won't turn them away for being a dog rocket.
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #495 of 1,369
Got bombed today by a member at Cigar Asylum:
DSC00841.jpg

Torano Exodus Gold, Litto Gomez, Anejos 50s, Padron, AF Sun Growns, Illusione 88, La Riqueza. All in time for my birthday. BOTLs are truly generous.

Just in time for my birthday too.
smily_headphones1.gif

no bombs please as I am out of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back