The Official Bose Bashing Thread
Feb 13, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #61 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see guys? threads like this bring out the worst in us.

and by "threads like this" i mean threads that mention Bose, of course. it's like saying freaking "Maud'dib" or something!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice DUNE analogy...one of my favorites!
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #62 of 85
I can't comment on Bose headphones, but I'm just going to say 3-2-1 systems, Lifestyle and Accoustimas products by Bose are poor. Yes they may sound decent, but not for the price stores dare to ask for it.

I've sold a few 3-2-1 systems in the store I work at, and the markup is ridiculous. I haven't looked at the Lifestyle systems, as those hardly get sold, but I can only imagine that profits on those systems is even a lot more.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #63 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see guys? threads like this bring out the worst in us.

and by "threads like this" i mean threads that mention Bose, of course. it's like saying freaking "Maud'dib" or something!
smily_headphones1.gif

Weirding Module - LOL
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #64 of 85
I just been to the Bose store in West Edmonton Mall, and wow their sales tactics are so awesome. I have to say, they have the most professional sales people I've ever seen in this industry. It's the complete opposite to International Stereo in regards to salesmanship. The guy who greeted us was extremely nice and it was like he was reciting off the Bose propaganda sheet, in a complete natural way.

Their presentation is quite persuading too. A really neat showroom with the lights dimmed, and you see a big reciever and speakers that look quite real, and I was like "dude that's not Bose!" After around 5 minutes of 90dB+ movie watching, he took those speaker cover things off and out came little jewel speakers. Wow that's so impressive!

If I was ignorant of headphonia and real speakers, I would not have hesitated to spend $5k in an impressively small system like the Bose lifestyle series.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #66 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow 4 pages already. why dont we just let the public buy what they think its good. its not hurting us is it?

Exactly what I said in my last post.

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #69 of 85
yeah, stuff like that i don't mind. if it keeps Angelina Jolie in touch with her wingmen so she doesn't die in the skies, i'm all for it.

Jolie "took advantage of Cirrus's Tailwind program, a package of discounted services like oil changes (expensive for aircraft) and four Bose Aviation X headsets, nornally retailing for $16,450 but package priced for $12,500."
4215668466723191.JPG

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #70 of 85
I think Bose makes the best products in the world..only not really, and this thread should die..let people buy/research what they want to

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #71 of 85
I agree, we should just let this thread die.
Whether Bose's sound quality is deficient or whether their SQ is good for the money is of no moment for the readers of this forum. For people visiting this forum, one can assume SQ is, at least to some degree, relevant in their buying decision, and thus its for the good of 'this public' that we keep our forum member informed about Bose's deteriorating quality and steer members, who may have doubts about the SQ of Bose, away from Bose.

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #72 of 85
I was working in a audio store when the cubes first came out in the early 80's. The way they were demonstrated were they were set on stands with a shroud over a piece of wood and the sub was positioned behind the listener. The shroud gave the appearence of a tall speaker maybe 10" wide by 3 or 4 feet tall. Once the demo started the salesman then dropped the shroud and revealed the small cubes...needless to say people were astonished that the sound was coming from such a small speaker. This was not the first sattelite system to be made but it was the first one that had a wow factor built into the demo. In addition bose gave a nice "spin" or sales bonus for each sale, if I remember correctly the price was ~$600 for the set. Last year I managed to piece together a set from ebay for ~$200 and thought they were great for home theater....my wife didn't mind the small size"insert joke here"and they sounded fine. I have since upgraded my mains to Mission 760i's and found much better detail. The cubes are now my rears. I agree that bose charges quite a bit for what you get...but is a buisness and they market well.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #73 of 85
WHAT A SHAME ! Take a look at this eBay auction description for a pair of Grado SR60 (BTW he has a lot of them a low prices):

Grado SR60 Headphones in AS NEW / never used Condition. These headphones were OEM equipment in my companies new Corporate Aircraft. We replaced all 13 pairs with BOSE Quiet Comfort Headphones, they were never used. The headphones come with a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. If you are viewing this ad, you know their reputation as being the best headphones under $150.00.

I just can't stand that they actually replaced the Grados with the QCs.
frown.gif

Julien

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #74 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Bose makes the best products in the world..only not really, and this thread should die..let people buy/research what they want to

Yeah informing the public about better/cheaper headphones & speakers is a bad thing.. Forums help to educate.. & yes, there is bashing & Bose fan boys, & Bose haters.. But really thats besides the point.. 4 grand for Bose top of the line HTIB is pathetic.. Probally made for under 200.00.. When you buy Bose you aren't paying the insane price for the R&D.. But the marketing cost..

Waiting to here about the hi price cable argument..
rolleyes.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #75 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said they were "low-fi".

Look around my friend, EVERYONE is overpriced.

You think Bose is overpriced? Their flagship loudspeaker, the 901 retails for $1300.00 with active EQ.

Esoteric Audio... $15,000.00+ for a CD player?!?!
Avant-Garde speaker systems... up to $131,000.00?!?!
Nordost IC, speaker and power cables... $3000.00+ for a meter?!?!
Moth Audio XANA headphone amp... $7000.00+?!?!

Yes, they are excellent products, but NONE OF THEM are worth what they are charging for them!

Who's overpriced here?
blink.gif

lol..The, everyone is overpriced excuse..A BOSE defenders favorite argument. The point is this.. What you listed are quality products, & well built.. & 15,000 for a CD player is a lot.. Replace EA with BOSE & the same product would sell for 25,000-50,000. No one is arguing that making money is a bad thing.. Everything gets marked up.. Too bad you guys have to go to extremes listing a 15,000 CD player.. I know of a 50,000 front projector from Renco..Oh the madness..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back