The Official Bose Bashing Thread
Feb 13, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #31 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you bash a product you've never tried? You really shouldn't judge anything before you've even given them chance.

I haven heard Boses before either, but if the hatred for Bose is equally bad in Speaker circles aswell, there is definetly something fishy in their products...

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #32 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you bash a product you've never tried? You really shouldn't judge anything before you've even given them chance.

Are you a homophobe? If you are, have you actually every tried it to know if you hate it or not? (Im not a homosexual, its just that things like this bother me when it can be directed at one thing and not another). Or do you hate communism? How do you know you hate it unless you have been in a communist country?

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #33 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven heard Boses before either, but if the hatred for Bose is equally bad in Speaker circles aswell, there is definetly something fishy in their products...

Yeah, "definately", sure...
rolleyes.gif

Most people who own Bose don't want to say anything to save themselves from being bashed to a pulp.

On the other hand...

Most people who don't own Bose don't want to get bashed to a pulp by defending them.

So what do they do?

They jump on the "idiot" bandwagon and start bashing Bose along with the rest of the idiots just to be "cool" or feel accepted, or to avoid becoming one of the bashed for saying nothing (he's not saying anything, so he must like Bose), even if they have never heard Bose products or even worse, never even heard of Bose at all.

I guess it all boils down to peer pressure which I've always accociated with being weak-minded.

I for one am quite capable of making up my own mind. I don't need someone to make it up for me. I can also come up with my own conclusions. I don't need someone to tell me what's good and what's not, nor do I allow people to push me and/or influence into something.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #34 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you a homophobe? If you are, have you actually every tried it to know if you hate it or not? (Im not a homosexual, its just that things like this bother me when it can be directed at one thing and not another). Or do you hate communism? How do you know you hate it unless you have been in a communist country?

And thus, a thread that was silly to begin with sinks even further into the depths of pure nonsense.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #35 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And thus, a thread that was silly to begin with sinks even further into the depths of pure nonsense.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that garbage.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #36 of 85
Jeez, this was meant to be a light hearted ironic joke using the "Bandwagon" logical fallacy as a punchline...

Is oqvist the only one who got it?

And I'm a homophobe now? And anti-communist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #37 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would be hard to do while at work
icon10.gif
Espeically if we're doing it for Bose, Grado, or Sennheiser bashing....I'd be drunk at work after an hour!!
icon10.gif

certainly you don't do headfi whilst at work do you?
*types away furiously at the email machine...

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #38 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Christ, this was meant to be a light hearted ironic joke relaying on the Bandwagon logical fallacy...

Is oqvist the only one who got it?

And I'm a homophobe now? And anti-communist?

you got it hard mate... hard... core bose-h8r

lar

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #39 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

Most people who own Bose don't want to say anything to save themselves from being bashed to a pulp.

On the other hand...

Most people who don't own Bose don't want to get bashed to a pulp by defending them.

So what do they do?

They jump on the "idiot" bandwagon and start bashing Bose along with the rest of the idiots just to be "cool" or feel accepted, or to avoid becoming one of the bashed for saying nothing (he's not saying anything, so he must like Bose), even if they have never heard Bose products or even worse, never even heard of Bose at all.

I guess it all boils down to peer pressure which I've always accociated with being weak-minded.

I for one am quite capable of making up my own mind. I don't need someone to make it up for me. I can also come up with my own conclusions. I don't need someone to tell me what's good and what's not, nor do I allow people to push me and/or influence into something.

Have you ever heard Bose system?
Have you ever heard any mid-fi stuff?
How long have you been in this hobby?
If you have heard Bose, can you honestly say that they sound good or even ok.

There is a good reason ppl bash BOSE, albeit different ppl have different reasons, but for those who bash BOSE for the sake of the sound quality, I stand by them 100% as I have 'experienced' the 'BOSE magic' and can honestly say life is better without BOSE.

If you are really sick of these talks about how horrible BOSE products are, just bring your hornet, or whatever amp you have, along with your HD650 to any Bose store and listen to their speaker and then listen to your headphone with the same music. Unless you are tone deaf, you will 'get it' (I consider HD650 mid-fi in sound quality)

edit: I just noticed you have K701...bring that to your demo instead.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #40 of 85
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

On the other hand...

So what do they do?

Where did I say that they got to be garbage? I said that there is something fishy due to incredibly bad reputation they have in HiFi circles. Do you disagree ALL that negative feedback Bose have got?

*edit* Oh, and this is about speakers and headphones. I dont personally give a rats ass about clockradiothingamabobs and such.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #41 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard Bose, but everyone says it's bad, so it must be bad!

Incredible how so many people faied to detect the sarcasm in this sentence. Or maybe those people saw that he didn't have 500 posts and automatically thought he was an idiot.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #42 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Incredible how so many people faied to detect the sarcasm in this sentence. Or maybe those people saw that he didn't have 500 posts and automatically thought he was an idiot.

Most likely both.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #43 of 85
Quote:

There is a good reason ppl bash BOSE, albeit different ppl have different reasons, but for those who bash BOSE for the sake of the sound quality, I stand by them 100% as I have 'experienced' the 'BOSE magic' and can honestly say life is better without BOSE.

If you are really sick of these talks about how horrible BOSE products are, just bring your hornet, or whatever amp you have, along with your HD650 to any Bose store and listen to their speaker and then listen to your headphone with the same music. Unless you are tone deaf, you will 'get it' (I consider HD650 mid-fi in sound quality)

edit: I just noticed you have K701...bring that to your demo instead.

Quote:

I said that there is something fishy due to incredibly bad reputation they have in HiFi circles. Do you disagree ALL that negative feedback Bose have got?

Don't you guys get it?! Bose is not meant to be HIFI, except maybe the 901's.

Quote:

Have you ever heard Bose system?
Have you ever heard any mid-fi stuff?
How long have you been in this hobby?
If you have heard Bose, can you honestly say that they sound good or even ok.

Yes.
Yes.
Plenty long enough. I was pretty much born into it, as well as being a musician.
Yes, I CAN and WILL say they sound good, for what they are.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #44 of 85
Quote:

Well they certainly are marketed like they are. And priced like that too.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #45 of 85
Quote:

Precisely, then why are they charging Hi-Fi price for Low-Fi product? See even you recognizing Bose is Low-Fi.

Quote:

Yes, I CAN and WILL say they sound good, for what they are.

If we agree they are Low-Fi, sure they sound good for what they are, low fidelity product for the masses. But their value is piss poor compare to other Low-Fi products.

I don't think anyone would be bashing BOSE had they priced their equipment accordingly, ie 5X lower than what they are now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back