The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 6, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #23,191 of 23,673
Do you feel like they were worth the price? I want these but I just got the Monarch MK3. I'm not sure if I am prepared to spend over twice as much for the Volur..
Yes, I think it is worth the price, the bass is unique with it's Isobaric configuration, and I tell you, the APEX technology is really working to prevent ear fatigue for long listening session.
Never heard Monarch before, but I doubt that it will give you comfortable listening session as good as 64's IEMs.

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #23,192 of 23,673
Anyone have a cable type to recommend for the Nio? Copper, silver, paladium, mix, whatever? What's really impressed you with that iem? Appreciate any thoughts.

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #23,193 of 23,673
So, I just had a call from Hifonix UK about my faulty Volur, and thank God I was on my lunch break!

To remind you, I've received my Volur on December 20 and after 2 - 3 days of use, I discovered that the Left channel was playing louder than the Right channel.

After DM-ing the reps, here, I was advised to send it back to the Hifonix. I've sent it back and they have received it on Friday 5 January 2024.

Today, after my emails, Hifonix called me and said that they have to send it to the distributor and that I might have my new pair on Thursday or Friday, this week.

I thought that the process was simpler, that Hifonix would have an extra new pair to send me but they said that everything works with the Serial number and the distributor has to send one pair to them and they will send it to me 😔

I sincerely hope and wish that my new Volur will not have this issue or any other issues! I never expected to face such issues when I was paying £2,349.00 for this IEM ...😔😔😔

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #23,194 of 23,673
Anyone have a cable type to recommend for the Nio? Copper, silver, paladium, mix, whatever? What's really impressed you with that iem? Appreciate any thoughts.
Pure silver has always been my favorite. I have a nice thick pure silver cable from isn I believe it’s called ag8. -though I don’t have nio- had u12t and have fourte.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #23,195 of 23,673
I had Nio a few months ago (before decided to trade it for Volur), I paired my Nio with Leonidas II and IMO the result is amazing, wide stage, well layered instruments and sweet vocals, yet the treble is well extended but not making it harsh or exaggerated.
I think this is because the Leo II is palladium plated silver, but I'd say if you can get a pure silver cable for Nio it would be good also since Nio has a thick warm tonality.
IMG_2288.jpg

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #23,196 of 23,673
ok I finally used enough teflon tape to keep the Coreir on the Volur, even though those tips work fine with other IEM.

They are definitely the most magical with the Volur and it's impressive how much they affect the SS relatively speaking. Gonna run these for a week straight when I use the Volur but I've tip rolled a lot with these and this is the best sound, they just kept staying in my ears.

PXL_20240109_225135726-EDIT (Medium).jpg

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #23,197 of 23,673
ok I finally used enough teflon tape to keep the Coreir on the Volur, even though those tips work fine with other IEM.

They are definitely the most magical with the Volur and it's impressive how much they affect the SS relatively speaking. Gonna run these for a week straight when I use the Volur but I've tip rolled a lot with these and this is the best sound, they just kept staying in my ears.

Where did you order the tips?

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #23,198 of 23,673
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #23,201 of 23,673

could you please inform the teflon tape shop link? Amazon maybe?

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #23,203 of 23,673
could you please inform the teflon tape shop link? Amazon maybe?
yah as posted just above this, I just went to my local hardware store. it's a couple of bucks and is commonly used in plumbing.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #23,204 of 23,673
I've finally received my replacement unit of the Volür today! I've been listening to them for a few hours now and also checked them using driver imbalance and driver match tests. So far, I have not observed any issue, the Left and Right channels sound identical. I'm really happy about this but I will give it a week to be sure.

The Serial Number of my new Volür is higher than the SN of the previous one. Does this mean these are from a newer batch? @64Audio ?

I've also ordered the Pentaconn COREIR, they're about to leave Mainland China today.

On Monday, January 15 I'll be receiving my HiBy Digital M300, I am curious to discover the synergy.

:)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #23,205 of 23,673
I've finally received my replacement unit of the Volür today! I've been listening to them for a few hours now and also checked them using driver imbalance and driver match tests. So far, I have not observed any issue, the Left and Right channels sound identical. I'm really happy about this but I will give it a week to be sure.

The Serial Number of my new Volür is higher than the SN of the previous one. Does this mean these are from a newer batch? @64Audio ?

I've also ordered the Pentaconn COREIR, they're about to leave Mainland China today.

On Monday, January 15 I'll be receiving my HiBy Digital M300, I am curious to discover the synergy.

:)
Yes the higher SN means it was made at a later date, but there hasn't been any production changes to Volür. They would've been made identically. We're eager to get that old unit in and diagnose the issue.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back