The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 1, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #22,651 of 23,565
How's Volur's bass compared to Trio's bass ?

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #22,653 of 23,565
looking forward for this comparison also.
Do you still have the Blanc? @Trance_Gott , could you please give the sound impression between Blanc and Volur? :smiley:
Review is 95% ready I think I publish tomorrow.
Volür is so good that I now don't know which to keep Volür or Raven. That are problems:relaxed:

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #22,655 of 23,565
Review is 95% ready I think I publish tomorrow.
Volür is so good that I now don't know which to keep Volür or Raven. That are problems:relaxed:
that is interesting! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #22,656 of 23,565
@trance-Gott,
Thomas,

Is the Multiverse Mentor, which you are - or were ? - waiting for, also included in your review of RAVEN & VOLÜR ?

Regards
Urs

The MM keeps "creeping upon my personal Hit-List" and your assessment is of high interest for me..... :relaxed:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #22,657 of 23,565
@trance-Gott,
Thomas,

Is the Multiverse Mentor, which you are - or were ? - waiting for, also included in your review of RAVEN & VOLÜR ?

Regards
Urs

The MM keeps "creeping upon my personal Hit-List" and your assessment is of high interest for me..... :relaxed:
No it's not clear when I get one maybe end of October. I want to include it on the giant review Blanc, Radon6 and Raven.
Volür gets a separated review tomorrow...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #22,658 of 23,565
I'm thinking in getting a Tia Trio in the next month, but I have a couple more questions:

Is it hard to drive ?
Would my HiBy R6 Pro II (383mw) be enough ?
How it scales with an External Amp ?

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #22,659 of 23,565
I'm thinking in getting a Tia Trio in the next month, but I have a couple more questions:

Is it hard to drive ?
I had a demo of Trio when I visited 64 Audio last month, and I now regret not having spent more time with it previously as it's a wonderful listen. It's probably just a function of there being so much great gear on the market, and that I had a Sony IER-Z1R earlier in my head-fi journey, one of Trio's closer competitors.

Anyway, I had my HiBy RS6 with me, and it sounded absolutely fantastic, I don't think you'll have any issues at all with the R6 Pro II. As far as scaling goes, I suspect Trio probably would improve with a desktop amp, as I've experienced this with pretty much every DD or DD-hybrid IEM I've ever used with any of my Schiit amps for example.

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #22,660 of 23,565

Is it hard to drive ?
I found the Trio easy to drive. I used it with the Hiby R8 and they paired well together. I also used the Lotoo Paw S1 to connect to a MacBook Pro and the sound was really good. I never used an external amp so I can’t comment on that aspect.

Oct 1, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #22,661 of 23,565

Is it hard to drive ?
The Trio is really easy to drive, it is the most sensitive IEMs I own (for casual listening with an Apple dongle, I only use 10% volume), so be careful with powerful amps since you can only utilize a very small amount of volume, and it may produce hiss on the Trio.

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #22,662 of 23,565

Is it hard to drive ?
I have no problems driving Tia Trio with my Hiby R6 Pro II. I use high-gain and prefer the sound of the Class A amp. Volume is around 35 on the dial. :beerchug:

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #22,665 of 23,565
Can you compare the treble of the Volur with the u12t? Is it as sharp or as pronounced. I’m fairly sensitive to treble and personally find the treble on the u12t somewhat emphasised. Sometimes cymbals and hi hats can come across a bit clicky.

Frequency graph for Volur show it has a higher peak for the Tia driver than the u12t and u18t - the latter being fairly bright.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back