The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 30, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #22,636 of 23,565
Sure I will make a full review in a few days yes I got all modules.
This Isobaric system with the two 9mm dynamic driver is easily the best 64 Audio implementation to date who needs BCD and kinetic bass... :)
Rendering of voices stand outs wow. After the first impressions I thought I get a very bright bass canon the Volür is nothing like this!
So, are you suggesting it has better bass than RN6? Does it resolve well too? If so, RIP my bank account.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #22,637 of 23,565
So, are you suggesting it has better bass than RN6? Does it resolve well too? If so, RIP my bank account.
No I would say that Isobaric system is for me also very good bass presentation. With all systems BCD vs Kinetic bass vs Isobaric its different but for me they are all on one level!
Resolution is also on level of Blanc, Radon6 and Raven.
Now I have too much IEMs and don't know which to keep....ahhhhhhhh :)
Now hearing some EDM... unbelievable deep bass with such details.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #22,639 of 23,565
Sure I will make a full review in a few days yes I got all modules.
This Isobaric system with the two 9mm dynamic driver is easily the best 64 Audio implementation to date who needs BCD and kinetic bass... :)
Rendering of voices stand outs wow. After the first impressions I thought I get a very bright bass canon the Volür is nothing like this!
Oh man, I can't wait to hear them. I'm also a little jealous that you have yours already. Mine is sitting on a local FedEx truck but won't be delivered until Monday because 2-day doesn't do Saturday delivery.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #22,640 of 23,565
Oh man, I can't wait to hear them. I'm also a little jealous that you have yours already. Mine is sitting on a local FedEx truck but won't be delivered until Monday because 2-day doesn't do Saturday delivery.
Yep. Mine is at my local FedEx facility, but gotta wait until Monday too :)

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #22,643 of 23,565
I've had Nio since it launched and Volür arrived yesterday afternoon.
Would you mind sharing some comparisons/impressions once you’ve had some time with it and when time allows?

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #22,644 of 23,565
I've had Nio since it launched and Volür arrived yesterday afternoon.
Ah, I even liked your post from yesterday but clearly didn't retain reading it :sweat_smile:

How are you finding the treble on Volur? Noticeably more extended / forward than Nio? I've been going back and forth between Nio and Rn6 all week (metal listener as well) and there's much more presence in the mid treble region on Rn6. Nio is sooo smooth and fatigue free up top, even with poorly produced stuff.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #22,645 of 23,565
Ah, I even liked your post from yesterday but clearly didn't retain reading it :sweat_smile:

How are you finding the treble on Volur? Noticeably more extended / forward than Nio? I've been going back and forth between Nio and Rn6 all week (metal listener as well) and there's much more presence in the mid treble region on Rn6. Nio is sooo smooth and fatigue free up top, even with poorly produced stuff.
I've only compared the Volür with the M15 and Nio with the M12. I've got them both plugged into my V1 Chord Mojo so I can go back and forth between them. I got the M12 for Nio to try and get some detail back without losing all the fun of the bass and I was happy with that combo. I didn't really think I was missing anything.

I haven't heard the Rn6 but based on your description, it compared to the Nio seems similar to Volur and Nio. The Volur just has so much more up top that it feels like I'm missing half the recording when I go back to the Nio. I agree that the Nio is very fatigue free and there is nothing offensive about it. I was worried based on initial impressions I was seeing that the Volur might be too sharp up top, but to my ears that is not the case. My guess is it would get sharp if I dropped down to MX or even M12, but I haven't tried that yet. I pulled up some old Entombed and At The Gates to see if the highs would get offensive but to me it rides that line perfectly of being detailed but not sharp.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #22,646 of 23,565
I've only compared the Volür with the M15 and Nio with the M12. I've got them both plugged into my V1 Chord Mojo so I can go back and forth between them. I got the M12 for Nio to try and get some detail back without losing all the fun of the bass and I was happy with that combo. I didn't really think I was missing anything.

I haven't heard the Rn6 but based on your description, it compared to the Nio seems similar to Volur and Nio. The Volur just has so much more up top that it feels like I'm missing half the recording when I go back to the Nio. I agree that the Nio is very fatigue free and there is nothing offensive about it. I was worried based on initial impressions I was seeing that the Volur might be too sharp up top, but to my ears that is not the case. My guess is it would get sharp if I dropped down to MX or even M12, but I haven't tried that yet. I pulled up some old Entombed and At The Gates to see if the highs would get offensive but to see it rides that line perfectly of being detailed but not sharp.

Hope that helps
Appreciate the insight!

Similar findings for me when going back and forth between Nio (w/M15) and Rn6 (black module). I don't have the M12 module but imagine it would level things out more... Nio with M15 is quite bombastic. I love how it portrays bass drum kicks but it does take away some of the etch, crunch and detail I like with electric guitars and tom runs can come off a bit bloomy. Rn6 can, on occasion, have too much zing up top but it's really recording dependent. With older material (like early Entombed and ATG), I typically have to listen at a lower volume compared to Nio to avoid fatigue.

Sounds like Volur strikes a nice balance. More detail and definition up top but without inducing any wincing moments while retaining that punchy low end that Nio does so dang well.

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #22,648 of 23,565
Could somebody please share with me an idiot’s guide to buying the Volur on the 64 Audio Website please?

I read the post about the 404 error and how to proceed from there but I cannot for the life of me get to the page allowing me to enter my payment details. It keeps going back to the homepage.

Or has everyone here bought the Volur from another website?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #22,650 of 23,565
Can anyone compare volur to blanc?
looking forward for this comparison also.
Do you still have the Blanc? @Trance_Gott , could you please give the sound impression between Blanc and Volur? :smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back