The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 29, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #22,606 of 23,560
I tried the Fourté and they're really amazing. U12t and Triò show their limits, a lot of limits, if compared.

Maybe Fourté could be fatiguing for long listening session, but I am not 100% sure because I tried them for just 15 mins and I don't own them.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #22,607 of 23,560
With all this discussion about Fourté being a much better listen (with the right chain) vs. U12t, it's got me wondering if I should upgrade from U12t to something else for 'big bold exciting listens'.

I absolutely love the U12t for getting lost in relaxing music, but I am starting to feel like I'm missing something when I want to crank up the volume and enjoy something more exciting for shorter periods. I have the U4s but it doesn't satisfy me much when it comes to detail when I crank up the volume.

Would Fourté be the best one to get here, or is there something else like the Volür or another brand completely a better choice? Anything under $4k.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #22,608 of 23,560
With all this discussion about Fourté being a much better listen (with the right chain) vs. U12t, it's got me wondering if I should upgrade from U12t to something else for 'big bold exciting listens'.

I absolutely love the U12t for getting lost in relaxing music, but I am starting to feel like I'm missing something when I want to crank up the volume and enjoy something more exciting for shorter periods. I have the U4s but it doesn't satisfy me much when it comes to detail when I crank up the volume.

Would Fourté be the best one to get here, or is there something else like the Volür or another brand completely a better choice? Anything under $4k.
For me, Elysian Annihilator 2023.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #22,609 of 23,560
He clearly has not tried Fourte on a good chain. Fourte scales massively. Everyone who owns or has tried Fourte knows this.
+1. Blanc on DMP-Z1 is so good!

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #22,610 of 23,560
Anyone heard the original Nio and the Nio Galaxy and can draw any comparisons whatsoever? Would love to know if the new internal cabling actually makes a difference to the way the Tia drivers behave, which is in the marketing material.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #22,613 of 23,560
+2 Blanc on MHA150 is yummmm
+3 Coincidence enjoying Blanc on N30LE while reading this.
IMG_7699.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #22,614 of 23,560

For me, Elysian Annihilator 2023.
Can’t argue with that 😉

FiR Xe6 or Rn6 could also be considered for a ‘big bold exciting listen’ with more of an emphasis on mid bass or sub bass respectively.

All good choices, just a matter of what flavour you’re after.

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #22,615 of 23,560
Hilariously bold statement you are in no position to claim. Fourte's chain requires the utmost curation, care, and tweaking. But if you find it, omg. I am not sure anything will wrestle it's uniqueness out of my collection. And I hear plenty of actual flagship's, not just mid-fi BA babies like u12t (just kidding buddy)

Some people simply need one IEM with a rather mundane tuning to be happy and they judge simply. Fourte is not that, really. It's a dessert course.
Whatever youre smoking can you share it?
+3 Coincidence enjoying Blanc on N30LE white reading this.
IMG_7699.jpeg
I’ve always wanted blanc or noir, how are you liking it on n30? I love my N8s on the n30

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #22,618 of 23,560
Can’t argue with that 😉

FiR Xe6 or Rn6 could also be considered for a ‘big bold exciting listen’ with more of an emphasis on mid bass or sub bass respectively.

All good choices, just a matter of what flavour you’re after.
I'd put in your list also the Vision Ears VE10, the Kinera Loki Imperial, the Noble Audio Viking Ragnar and the cheaper Thieaudio Prestige LTD.

It's plenty of good IEMs out there nowadays.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #22,619 of 23,560
If you add a product to cart, then log in when prompted, you will get a 404. But just click on the cart icon and it'll be there to checkout.
I tried added volur to cart, then clicked log in on order page, got a 404 and then my cart is empty......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back