The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 28, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #22,591 of 23,608
yes, it will most likely be handed to the shipping provider today
Amazing. Well. I guess I'll find out on Monday for my first super pricey IEM. I'm basically looking for a U4s with more separation/resolution, better mids, and just slightly more sophisticated bass

Sep 28, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #22,593 of 23,608
The second I saw the umulaut in the name, I knew these would be serious!😁

As a huge fan of my u12t for the past few years, it is exciting to see 64audio innovating so much while keeping a (relatively) reasonable high end price.

I’m really looking forward to demoing the Volür sometime. I almost did a blind buy, but I remembered that diminishing returns hit hard in general, but when you’re up against the u12t, forget about it!

Sep 28, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #22,594 of 23,608
The second I saw the umulaut in the name, I knew these would be serious!😁

As a huge fan of my u12t for the past few years, it is exciting to see 64audio innovating so much while keeping a (relatively) reasonable high end price.

I’m really looking forward to demoing the Volür sometime. I almost did a blind buy, but I remembered that diminishing returns hit hard in general, but when you’re up against the u12t, forget about it!

yeah from what I've read from folks that are really into the hobby, generally speaking once you get out of the low 1K range and into 2K, the benefits are maybe 10% better for twice the money. This is not a 100% rule obviously as new competitors may be a bit more upstart with pricing. But it's not a bad guide either. But this is why if the Volur complete that 10% for me, I'll sell of most of my other IEM.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #22,595 of 23,608
So excited and eagerly waiting for reviews of the new Volur. Too many questions. Is it better than the Trio or Fourte? Where does the 64Audio position it in their lineup - above or below the Fourte? Where does it stand among some other iems in the market?

I guess we’ll have to wait for few days.

Sep 28, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #22,596 of 23,608
So excited and eagerly waiting for reviews of the new Volur. Too many questions. Is it better than the Trio or Fourte? Where does the 64Audio position it in their lineup - above or below the Fourte? Where does it stand among some other iems in the market?

I guess we’ll have to wait for few days.

Why would they position $2.5k iem above their $3.6k flagship? :wink:

Sep 28, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #22,597 of 23,608
Why would they position $2.5k iem above their $3.6k flagship? :wink:
Yeah, I just checked the prices too. I bought the Fourte a year back at 3K usd. Volur is definitely positioned lower than that.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #22,600 of 23,608
Their so called "flagships" suck lol. Their real flagship is u12t which is amazing and now MAYBE Volur.
I would say that’s a very harsh statement. They are still good. Their flagships don’t stand tall is what I would say. But they don’t suck. I was expecting Volur’s release would be a flagship level but sadly it’s levels down. Just hoping it to have a nice tuning. People appreciating bass on it has already intrigued me.

U12t is certainly a great iem but the market has moved far ahead. So I don’t see U12t a lot relevant these days. Though, I still love it a lot.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #22,601 of 23,608
I would say that’s a very harsh statement. They are still good. Their flagships don’t stand tall is what I would say. But they don’t suck. I was expecting Volur’s release would be a flagship level but sadly it’s levels down. Just hoping it to have a nice tuning. People appreciating bass on it has already intrigued me.

U12t is certainly a great iem but the market has moved far ahead. So I don’t see U12t a lot relevant these days. Though, I still love it a lot.
U12t is very relevant today, not much changed tbh. The price for a new set is steep but for around 1500 bucks they still rock. They are one of the best allrounders on the market.
When it comes to my comment about their flagships, i thought i was polite:) Paying 3,5k for such an atrocious tuning is insanity INHO.

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #22,602 of 23,608
Their so called "flagships" suck lol. Their real flagship is u12t which is amazing and now MAYBE Volur.
Hilariously bold statement you are in no position to claim. Fourte's chain requires the utmost curation, care, and tweaking. But if you find it, omg. I am not sure anything will wrestle it's uniqueness out of my collection. And I hear plenty of actual flagship's, not just mid-fi BA babies like u12t (just kidding buddy)

Some people simply need one IEM with a rather mundane tuning to be happy and they judge simply. Fourte is not that, really. It's a dessert course.

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #22,603 of 23,608
Hilariously bold statement you are in no position to claim. Fourte's chain requires the utmost curation, care, and tweaking. But if you find it, omg. I am not sure anything will wrestle it's uniqueness out of my collection. And I hear plenty of actual flagship's, not just mid-fi BA babies like u12t (just kidding buddy)

Some people simply need one IEM with a rather mundane tuning to be happy and they judge simply. Fourte is not that, really. It's a dessert course.
:joy:

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #22,604 of 23,608
Sep 29, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #22,605 of 23,608
lol, Fourte owners coming for you. Blood is in the water.
He clearly has not tried Fourte on a good chain. Fourte scales massively. Everyone who owns or has tried Fourte knows this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back